• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Japanlover

So I don't know if it was already mentioned but in KH3 I imagine the beginning about Riku or Mickey training Kairi. And a possible chance to play as her as well.
So what do you think?

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com
I really hope Kairi has no significant role in this game.
It would really ruin it for me.
She hasn't been a main character in any game yet, the games have been successful, so why taint such a good thing?

Don't give her anymore screen time than Demyx.
Because Demyx deserves more screen time, in my opinion.

Japanlover

Well she is one of the princess of light and Master Yen sid did say the need protecting from Xehanort. So I imagine her protecting herself by training to use the Keyblade.

Youniquee

Awards
She hasn't been a main character in any game yet, the games have been successful, so why taint such a good thing?

Is there any reason you dislike her so much? Just curious.

As so the answer to the OP's question: She will probably get trained up by Yensid and stuff...may possibly be a party member at one point...but playing as her? I think that might be a bit of a stretch.

Japanlover

As so the answer to the OP's question: She will probably get trained up by Yensid and stuff...may possibly be a party member at one point...but playing as her? I think that might be a bit of a stretch.

Yeah you might be right. Playing as her would be a bit of a stretch maybe in a future KH game she would be playable but not in KH3.

inverse K-blade7

Meh, I'd rather start KH3 off in the Realm of Darkness and play as Aqua xD
Personally, I want it to start on Destiny Islands with Sora and Riku sparring for the tutorial.

I've never really had a problem with Kairi. Shes been out of the spotlight for so long now I stopped caring about her lack of screentime, but I'm happy shes relevant again. If her role as a princess is going to make her a target, it only makes sense that she'd receive formal training. I doubt she'll be playable though, as shes easily the weakest keyblade wielder in the games right now.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com
Is there any reason you dislike her so much? Just curious.

I dislike her because she's essentially useless, dull, and as a character I think I believe the theory that originally she wasn't supposed to exist and it was only Sora and Riku but Disney disliked the idea of homosexuality.

Not to start a shipping war, but there are much more hints of Riku x Sora than either of them with Kairi and I don't like the idea of her interfering.

Personally, I don't think that even the creators like her. They like Axel--why he got to make a comeback.
It feels like Kairi is more of an obligation.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I agree with Spock that I'd rather play as Aqua in the RoD for a little while and I see more chance of that happening than playing as Kairi. At least not for a lengthy about of time. At most I can imagine them doing something like they did with Riku in KH2 and play with for a few minutes while Sora was in trouble

'Cept Kairi has ALWAYS been a main character it's just that main character =/= significant screen time. She can have a significant role, and it's pretty apparent that she'll have one, but she can easily have as just much screen time and development as she did in KH 1 and 2.

Key Wielder

Awards
I could actually see Kairi as being the playable character for the tutorial, although I wouldn't want to play as her for very long. This is KH3 we're talking about--I have nothing against her, but whether she's one of the seven lights or not, I want to play as Sora. ...And Riku. xD

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com
'Cept Kairi has ALWAYS been a main character it's just that main character =/= significant screen time. She can have a significant role, and it's pretty apparent that she'll have one, but she can easily have as just much screen time and development as she did in KH 1 and 2.

Well I hope that Nomura doesn't mess this up and make her a character with significant screen time.
It'd really ruin the series for me, not to mention about 90% of the fandom doesn't like her and I'm sure it'd cause a major backlash.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Exactly, Kairi has just been neglected by the writers so far, in fact even badly neglected.

Yup, several main characters had now in DDD only one or two scenes at most, just like Kairi. They still remain main characters though.

And Demyx surely can't be compared to Kairi in terms of importance to the story. Demyx is certainly not a main character, not even an important villain if one is honest.

Youniquee

Awards
I dislike her because she's essentially useless, dull, and as a character I think I believe the theory that originally she wasn't supposed to exist and it was only Sora and Riku but Disney disliked the idea of homosexuality.

Not to start a shipping war, but there are much more hints of Riku x Sora than either of them with Kairi and I don't like the idea of her interfering.

Personally, I don't think that even the creators like her. They like Axel--why he got to make a comeback.

Well, if she gets some kind of role in KH3, that will stop her from being useless, yes? So why be against her getting some kind of role? It's like you want her to be useless and stay useless? o_o
What? lol. Besides, there's no canon romance in KH...so...

this reason is just. No comment.

Well, if they didn't like her, she wouldn't be getting a role in KH3 lol.

I hope that KH3 will erase some of this Kairi hate.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Now, I'm not even a fan of Kairi but Kairi was always a planned character. She was in the initial concept sketches, and where does homosexuality + Disney come into play at all?

So don't mention Riku x Sora in a topic about seeing Kairi as a playable character.

Kairi is a highly underdeveloped character that has been left untouched because Nomura and the writers felt there was more of a story to be told in other characters. It is a shame, but it does seem like with the secret ending of KH3D Nomura plans to make Kairi a major player of KH3's plot. So why would you be against seeing her character develop since that is what is bothering you about her character?

Ruran

Awards
Well I hope that Nomura doesn't mess this up and make her a character with significant screen time.
It'd really ruin the series for me, not to mention about 90% of the fandom doesn't like her and I'm sure it'd cause a major backlash.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to give Kairi significant screen time in KH3 to be honest. It's essentially the climax of the saga and trying to bump up her importance at the last minute like this is a risky move. She's so underdeveloped right now she can use all the attention from the writers she can get but at the same time they don't have that luxury with her. Most likely they'll default to using her the way they've always have.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
y'know, I thought I was spoiled before the ending cuz somebody on Youtube(I know I shouldnt always trust posters)commented that Kairi wasnt a Princess of Light.

Ruran

Awards
y'know, I thought I was spoiled before the ending cuz somebody on Youtube(I know I shouldnt always trust posters)commented that Kairi wasnt a Princess of Light.

You, good sir, have been lied to.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

90% is a bit of an exaggerated number. I'd say it is closer to something under 40%. The vocal minority is not the majority. People are much more apathetic to her character than actually hating her.

Kairi is most definitely a Princess of Light.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Basically, Kairi has been underdeveloped, the writers are fixing that. She now is more important/no longer "useless"

NOW LETS ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PLAYING AS HER

Youniquee

Awards
Basically, Kairi has been underdeveloped, the writers are fixing that. She now is more important/no longer "useless"

NOW LETS ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PLAYING AS HER

That happened in page 1, this is slightly more interesting xD xP

When in doubt, go to the KH wiki. Never 100% believe a You Tube comment xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back