• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi/Xion's Voice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

oblivionkeyrocks

This might also belong in Future of KH.

For those of you that beat Days and watched the credits, Kairi/Xion was voiced by Alyson Stoner......again:angry: . Well i must say i am very angry. I was ok when she did it for Re:Com because hey she had like one line. I thought it wouldnt be permanent and Hayden would be back for future games. Oh was i wrong. Alyson Stoner came back again to voice a major role! Hayden Penatire (lord knows i cant spell her last name) was a great kairi. her not playing Xion kinda hurts. Tell me what you guys think. Is this bad or good? Who would you prefer?

evil_levi94

I don't really find it a big deal, Hayden Panettiere is busy with her TV show, Heroes.
This is also a side game (although I guess that isn't an excuse). I actually thought what I've seen of Alyson so far as Xion is alright. I like the voice she uses, but I also kind of don't. I don't know...

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I only noticed that shes sucks at yelling when fight

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
No. It's just them not coughing up the money. I'm sure they could've gotten Hayden's voice over wherever she was as long as there was a sound studio, and they send the package in. Something could've worked to fit the schedule. And it isn't like voice acting takes so long. It's kind of upsetting, considering Xion and Kairi having the same VA in the way Roxas and Ven do is poignant for the plot.

If they did replace Hayden with Alyson Stoner, then it would end up alright if Kairi has her voice in a future sequel.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards
I thought she sound pretty good.. not really any irks.. that i could hear...

SoRoxas99

the VA for Xion in the US version was pretty good...i had no beef with it...although i have to agree that her war cries when u fight were....didn't rly sit right...

A

Audo

I thought her scream after fighting Riku was a little lackluster and pathetic (especially compared to the Japanese version). But other than that I didn't think she was that bad.

Jolts

Both were horrible. They made me laugh. Although what really cracked me up was 'sham'.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, nobody uses the word sham seriously anymore, so seeing it used in a serious cutscene was just hilarious.

To me Alyson sounded kind of quiet and sad, which was what the feeling of both Namine and Xion's characters so I thought she was alright. I do agree that the battle cries and screams weren't that good, but at least it was better than Kairi's battling in KH2. If they do use her for the other games I wouldn't mind so much, but I just hope that she would at least get at least a little better.

TraverseTown123X

I can understand if Hayden is too busy being famous to do a role is a NDS game. But, what about Brittany Snow? She was in like ONE thing I know about besides this. Christopher Lee can do this, but not Snow?

Sora1915

Bronze Member
I can understand if Hayden is too busy being famous to do a role is a NDS game. But, what about Brittany Snow? She was in like ONE thing I know about besides this. Christopher Lee can do this, but not Snow?
Well if you think about Meghan voiced Namine in her most important role anyway, COM so it sorta makes ense to just keep Meghan....and it seems like they may keep Alyson for good too, I mean they had her redo Kairi's lines for the game too so.....that kinda makes it look more likely

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I guess I'm the only person who thinks her voice was actually really fitting? xD; I listen to her Japanese voice and, somehow, it just doesn't seem to fit. The only thing that was weird about her English voice was that scream during that one scene. D: BLOODY. (though, you have to give her a little bit of credit, since screams are really hard to do.) For Alyson Stoner doing Xion's voice, she did a great job in my opinion.

Hayden could've voiced Xion... but that doesn't seem fitting, like Haley doing Sora's voice in ReCoM. THEY GREW UP. It's not going to sound the same. D: So an older voice for Xion just seems off, considering Kairi is 14 and not 15 and Xion looks like 14-year-old Kairi. Just saying. >: (though roxas' voice was a bit off since he's younger, though it still fits REALLY well.)

For future installments, though, that take place AFTER KH2... Hayden needs to voice Kairi. .-. I'm hoping they're casting Alyson because of Kairi being younger in ReCoM and Days and not all because of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back