• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't want her to die, but I wouldn't mind if she was just off at Destiny Islands the whole game and they didn't force her to be onscreen and pretend like she's actually going to do something. Show her at the end in the final cinematic, done. The truth is, I'd like most of the extraneous characters to be written out... I'd be fine if we never saw Kairi, Terra, Ventus, Xion, Eraqus, Xehanort, Luxord, Demyx, the apprentices, etc. again. The apprentices and Ansem the Wise especially, I'm like why even bother if we're not going to see them interact with the people of Radiant Garden that they all screwed and face consequences? Their scenes in KH3 just felt like they were standing in a void--on top of being unrealistic that anyone would've ever let them have any power ever again.

And even though I actually like her, they might as well strand Namine somewhere, too, since they clearly don't plan to give her anything either. That way we can just imagine her going to school, hanging out, and making drawings in Twilight Town. Lea could go, too, except I'd like to see more of Isa and that requires Lea.

Foxycian

Awards
the truth is, I'd like most of the extraneous characters to be written out... I'd be fine if we never saw Kairi, Terra, Ventus, Xion, Eraqus, Xehanort, Luxord, Demyx, the apprentices,
Umm Tartarus, you know what the word extraneous means right? It’s true that Xehanort Eraqus and the apprentices served their purpose and aren’t that important anymore but that doesn’t mean they should be removed just don’t give them much screen time, also both Xehanort and Eraqus are gone already so that’s two down, and again for the 100th time why you insist on removing Terra and Ven? Not liking a character is fine but saying they are extraneous (which means irrelevant) is just dumb, those two are the most important in the birth by sleep story as much as Xehanort was, and about luxord and demyix we can’t just call them irrelevant when they might play a part in the next saga, same goes for Kairi.

Elysium

Awards
BbS came out 10 years ago and the Xehanort saga is over. None of those characters are essential to KH. Whether Nomura chooses to give them focus or not is his choice as the writer, but it would be lovely if he would just wipe the slate clean.

Cumguardian69

Awards
@BassDS
Sora didn't "just" go to sleep for a year. He saved the world, whooped like 4 anime Org members' asses before telling the ToTeS MystERioUS blonde Kairi to make him like he was.

That's the core of it. Sora earns the rest - at the time of CoM's ending, he already had a number of accolades to his name and of course he would go on to take more names in 2, through data in coded, be hella cocky in DDD and get sobered in 3.

Kairi on the other hand spent all of KH1 being absent from the story and disallowed any ability to actively participate in the Riku Retrieval arc, she wasn't in CoM, she spent 90% of 2 on the Islands or being kidnapped (never forget she swung at like 2 shadows with her asspulled Key lmao), she wasn't in coded, she wasn't in DDD, and she spent majority of 3 in a hyperbolic time chamber with nothing to show for it between 3's start and KBG. Milk

They wasted a beautiful CGI forest just to have her give a monologue + some weak dialogue with Axel that amounted to "hey im sorry. Hey dont be sorry. Ok but call me axel. Ok axel. We are friends now, lets have some ice cream. Axel why are you crying. I dont know i think its xion who i have no memory of lol gtg. Kthxbai uwu"

We dont see Kairi actively training so we never get a gauge on her abilities, strengths, weaknesses. We dont see Kairi inquiring about the nature of the Keyblade, why they're fighting, her own fears about losing Sora, anything.

Ill finish this comment when i get back homr

Foxycian

Awards
BbS came out 10 years ago and the Xehanort saga is over. None of those characters are essential to KH. Whether Nomura chooses to give them focus or not is his choice as the writer, but it would be lovely if he would just wipe the slate clean.
But that means not only terra and Ven but the whole Wayfinder trio (including Aqua) are irrelevant now that the Dark Seekr Saga (Xehanort saga) is over🤦‍♂️ but You know what? never mind we had a similar conversations to this few times before so just whatever floats your boat dude.

Elysium

Awards
I didn't say Aqua OR Roxas (who I also didn't include in that list) were more relevant than the rest. I didn't include them because they, along with Isa and Larxene, are one of the few I actually wouldn't mind seeing again--and that they might actually get to do something interesting (unlike Namine, who Nomura has repeatedly paid dust). Larxene would at least be funny even if she was doing nothing of importance going by 3. But even if they went further than that and lost everyone but SDG, Riku, Mickey, and Maleficent--I'd be absolutely fine with that. Lose Twilight Town and Land of Departure entirely, too. I mean, if we managed without RG, we can do equally fine without Twilight Town or Land of Departure.

Foxycian

Awards
I didn't say Aqua OR Roxas (who I also didn't include in that list) were more relevant than the rest. I didn't include them because they, along with Isa and Larxene, are one of the few I actually wouldn't mind seeing again--and that they might actually get to do something interesting (unlike Namine, who Nomura has repeatedly paid dust). Larxene would at least be funny even if she was doing nothing of importance going by 3. But even if they went further than that and lost everyone but SDG, Riku, Mickey, and Maleficent--I'd be absolutely fine with that. Lose Twilight Town and Land of Departure entirely, too. I mean, if we managed without RG, we can do equally fine without Twilight Town or Land of Departure.
That’s why I said you’re free to like whoever you want but it doesn’t mean you can call a character irrelevant just cause you don’t like them, then you proceed to make a free pass for the irrelevant characters that you like, that’s called being bias you know, point is a character is relevant when the plot needs him/her to be, simple as that.

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
Yeah, that's why this is an OPINION forum, Jesus. I just acknowledged they are all equally irrelevant. Could you please make Aqua: The Thread and obsess over her there please / thanks?

Foxycian

Awards
Yeah, that's why this is an OPINION forum, Jesus. I just acknowledged they are all equally irrelevant. Could you please make Aqua: The Thread and obsess over her there please / thanks?
Lmao nice try trying to make it seem like It’s about her when I’m only just teaching you a lesson but sure whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I always joked that even the most avid hater of Kairi cannot compete with Nomura. Nomura’s decisions and lack of, speak volumes about Kairi.
Does he hate her with with a passion? Probably not. However he’s been at the helm since the beginning and he chose this path for her.
I mean why bother hating on her? Clearly Nomura is doing the barest minimum to deal with her.
Poor girl has the creator writing her like he’s an anti.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Lmao nice try trying to make it seem like It’s about her when I’m only just teaching you a lesson but sure whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.
Teach Tartarus a lesson? How old do you think they are?

Knock it off.

BassDS

Awards
@BassDS
Sora didn't "just" go to sleep for a year. He saved the world, whooped like 4 anime Org members' asses before telling the ToTeS MystERioUS blonde Kairi to make him like he was.

That's the core of it. Sora earns the rest - at the time of CoM's ending, he already had a number of accolades to his name and of course he would go on to take more names in 2, through data in coded, be hella cocky in DDD and get sobered in 3.

Kairi on the other hand spent all of KH1 being absent from the story and disallowed any ability to actively participate in the Riku Retrieval arc, she wasn't in CoM, she spent 90% of 2 on the Islands or being kidnapped (never forget she swung at like 2 shadows with her asspulled Key lmao), she wasn't in coded, she wasn't in DDD, and she spent majority of 3 in a hyperbolic time chamber with nothing to show for it between 3's start and KBG. Milk

They wasted a beautiful CGI forest just to have her give a monologue + some weak dialogue with Axel that amounted to "hey im sorry. Hey dont be sorry. Ok but call me axel. Ok axel. We are friends now, lets have some ice cream. Axel why are you crying. I dont know i think its xion who i have no memory of lol gtg. Kthxbai uwu"

We dont see Kairi actively training so we never get a gauge on her abilities, strengths, weaknesses. We dont see Kairi inquiring about the nature of the Keyblade, why they're fighting, her own fears about losing Sora, anything.

Ill finish this comment when i get back homr
Bare in mind, Nomura already had too much on his plate after II; preparing Days, the headaches that would ensure from BBS and DDD; the cast was simply too big, and come the start of III, it was all one big juggling act. But with the Wayfinder Trio in the Realm of Darkness, Roxas and Xion likely out of commission since its a high chance Namine is the one sifting through their memories, it shrinks the active playable cast down SIGNIFICANTLY for him to finally get around to focusing her development in the new arc, just like Riku's was developed in the Dark Seeker arc.

Good things come from waiting, and we're finally in the position to delve deep into the mysteries of her past and how she'll play a role in bringing Sora back. There's plenty of time.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I find the suggestion that Nomura hates Kairi to be a weird take in this particular moment in time. Before KH3, sure. But now? Like, no one forced Nomura to spend resources to make her playable. No one forced him to make her the narrator of MoM and thus need to write a bunch of new plot and make a bunch of new cutscenes. If he really didn't like her he would have just written her out, he would have been fine with Chirithy being the narrator, etc.

I just find it odd because we're currently in a very clear upswing for her character right now where she actually is getting some focus, and there's actual real momentum for her. Like the way she's being treated now is so different from how she was treated before KH3. Like now, she's had two official key arts made for her in a row. She's getting all this new merch. In crossovers she's actually included alongside Sora and Riku for the first time. She's been made playable with a fleshed out moveset which suggests groundwork for future titles. She's been made the narrator of a game. We're getting her character explored more. We're finally seeing her past being depicted.

This is so different from how she used to be treated.

Idk. I get why people are cynical or tired or don't expect much. But when I look at things right now, I don't feel the same way. I feel like for the first time things are actually for once building for her to be active in the story, and the focus she's getting right now is unprecedented for her. For me there is a very clear shift in the way she's being treated in the series and outside of it.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I always joked that even the most avid hater of Kairi cannot compete with Nomura. Nomura’s decisions and lack of, speak volumes about Kairi.
Does he hate her with with a passion? Probably not. However he’s been at the helm since the beginning and he chose this path for her.
I mean why bother hating on her? Clearly Nomura is doing the barest minimum to deal with her.
Poor girl has the creator writing her like he’s an anti.
I don't think he hates Kairi. I'd say he's been either rather indifferent towards her or putting off her character arc, because he wanted the perfect moment for it.

Kairi just kept being treated as "Coming up Soon" the character. I mean the series keeps teasing us that she's about to do something, but I don't feel we have yet to quite get it.

These have basically been my mindset over the games.
KH2 Oh Kairi got a keyblade, she's about to join her friends in the fight, come then next adventure.
BBS Oh Kairi is connected to Aqua and it's confirmed she can wield. Hopefully she'll get a part to play. She's even got a segment in the BBSv2 movie!
Coded Oh Kairi is included in the letter, she must be part of the next adventure.
DDD Well... she wasn't part of this adventure, but it looks like she'll have her moment in the next game!
KH3 Well... this kinda set her up to have a potentially good arc...
ReMind Heck yeah it's Kairi time... Hope this isn't all we get for her.
MoM Well she's not playable, but it seems she might get some development.

For the past decade it's always felt like her moment's just around the corner that even now that we are in a bit of an upswing for her characters there's uncertainty, if it'll go on. I just hope we get a clear idea of where she's going to stand moving forward.

Foxycian

Awards
Teach Tartarus a lesson? How old do you they are?

Knock it off.
it sounds to me that what I said bothered you more then him, also Are you suggesting that adults no longer need to be taught a lesson🤔 lmao ok sure if you say so.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Still hoping that Kairi gets her own Disney companions like Sora and Riku. It probably won't happen in DDD Volume 2 but after that I want to see her team up with either Pluto or Daisy and Minnie

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I wouldn’t say Nomura hates Kairi but he seems ambivalent her. To put things in perspective most of the interviews with the staff of the series refer to the Kingdom Hearts series as “Sora and Riku’s Story”.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Indifference and hate are not so different. In most cases it is the base upon hate thrives. Case and point, look at the world.
I should think it’s obvious that Kairi is not a favorite of his.

Back