• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kadaj's Final Mission: Lifestream Crisis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Kadaj's Final Mission:
Lifestream Crisis

medium_3915.3.jpg

A year has passed since the events of Sephiroth's final demise. Cloud, Tifa, Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Red, Vincent and Cait Sith were regarded as heroes for bringing peace to the planet. They had monuments built in different parts of the world to remember their fight for the ultimate peace and working towards the future. All seemed well ... until there came a problem with the planet.

The Lifestream. It comes in the time in between life and death. A rip in the Lifestream has caused many things to spill out. Monsters, old enemies and friends have emerged from it unsettled. In response to this, Rufus Shinra has ordered the immediate capture of Cloud, Tifa, Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Red, Vincent and Cait Sith. Special forces of SOLDIER were used to take them away from their homes and force them into the top security centre at the newly rebuilt Shinra building in the outskirts of the town of Edge, which surrounds the old ruins of Midgar.

Only one good thing emerged from the Lifestream. The silver haired young and green eyed man called Kadaj has returned to the planet. He has recently heard of their capture and knows he only has a short limited time to clear their names. To do this, he must find out the truth as to why the Lifestream is in crisis and how the blame came to his former enemies.

Time is running out. Kadaj must complete his mission and return to peace. New and old faces will cross paths with him ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Aftermath

The people of the planet now lived in fear of going outside to see what was out there. They had put their full trust into Shinra Inc, whom were investigating what had gone on in the Lifestream. Shinra now controlled everything. Shinra controlled the newspapers, Shinra controlled the countries in the world, Shinra controlled the technology. They manipulated the lives of the people living in fear. No longer could the people trust themselves. They believed that Shinra could solve everything. After all, they were the ones who had Cloud, Tifa, Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Red, Vincent and Cait Sith into custody in a high top security centre. The Turks always went in there to taunt them, especially Rude and Reno.

One day, Rude and Reno went to go and check up on them. As always, Rude was wearing his purple shades and most probably had a few more pairs in his inside suit pocket. He was dressed smartly, yet he hadn't changed in the past year. Rude was tough, but he liked to dress smart. On the other hand, there was Reno. He was quite cocky. No, he was very cocky. Like most times, he was wearing his red hair in a ponytail and put his glasses on top of his head. To many eyes, he was never dressed smartly. He had his metal crobar with him patting it gently against his right shoulder. He also had his two top buttons undone on his shirt.

"Let's see how the former hero guys are doin'," said Reno. "Maybe we can even start gettin' on their nerves, you know?"

Rude did not answer, he simply put on his black gloves he wore for combat.

"You expecting resistance?" he asked.

"No," said Rude. "I just like to look smart unlike you."

Reno laughed a little. "Always a lucky shot, Rude," he smiled. They came to the holding cells, where the eight of them were in separate cells. "Lookey here. It's the FORMER heroes."

Cloud did not look at him or Rude. He had no weapon on him. After all, even he had been beaten by Shinra's special force called SOLDIER. He had been quiet now for the past few weeks. In the next cell to his right, Tifa was looking stressed out.

"We won't be here for long," she said. "We haven't even done anything wrong!"

"Tifa, say nothing to them," said Cloud immediately. "They are just Turks. They are not here to question us, they're here to haunt us since we're on the wrong side of the prison cell."

"Well observed!" said Reno. "You actually used your head! And who was it again that took you all down? The Turks are back on top again."

"It wasn't the Turks," said Vincent in his usual dark voice. "It was SOLDIER. The new and robotic SOLDIER. Even Rufus Shinra knows well not to meddle with the minds of the people on the planet after what happened to those kids a year ago."

"No one doesn't wanna be reminded, Vincent!" yelled Barret. "You frigging arseholes! You let me out here before I really lose my cool!" He was the only one with a weapon since he had an arm gun. He shot at the laser beam door, which did not seem to be affected.

"Even that piece of technology can overthrow Shinra's genius," said Rude.

"So he finally speaks, eh?" said Cid. "You're all full of crap! Why don't you and me go for a round right here and right now?"

"Without your weapons, you're pretty useless," giggled Reno.

"Hey, I got my own weapon," said Tifa. She still had her gloves on.

Rude did not smile. "Similar in ways we are, but you will never match up to me in battle style," he said. "Just you wait. There's still sometime before your fate is decided."

"And when that comes, it'll be goodbye to you losers," said Reno. "And then the Turks are takin' over the battlefield. The evolution is coming! SOLDIER and the Turks are in control!"

"Not until we exactly get told why we have been taken by Shinra," said Red.

"Yes! He's right! You better tell us now!" said Cait Sith.

"Huh, we don't even know the story ourselves," said Reno.

"But you're not gonna like it if you hear it," said Rude.

Reno laughed. "Sorry to leave you all hanging here, but we gotta go and do our work," he smiled. "Come on, Rude. Let's go and stop the things coming out of the Lifestream."

Once the pair of them were gone, Cloud stood to his feet. "I just realised something!" he shouted.

"What is it, Cloud?" asked Tifa.

"Everyone and everything that exists in the Lifestream has been released," said Cloud. "That would mean all that we've seen go into it. That would mean Zack, Loz, Yazoo, Sephiroth, Kadaj ... and Aeris."

"Aeris?" said Barret. "Man, I can't believe this is all happening." He sighed and looked sad. "If only ... if only I could see Marlene now. She better be safe with Denzel."

"Where is she, Barret?" asked Vincent.

"Denzel took her somewhere safe," answered Tifa. "He took her to the underground level in the bar. Only Barret, me, Cloud and the old gang of AVALANCHE knew of that place."

And then Barret jumped to his feet. "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" he yelled. "We've been blamed for something we didn't do! That list of people Cloud said also means Jessie, Biggs and Wedge! Oh man ... it's been three years since that happened. Wait, do you think this is good or bad? Those who are dead have returned."

"Of course it's not good," said Vincent.

"I'm not getting what you are all talking about ..." murmured Yuffie.

"Don't you understand?" he asked her, even though he couldn't see her even if they were in separate cells. "It's not just the good things that happen. The bad things happen. It begins all over again. Our battle started with Sephiroth. This means that Sephiroth returns with everyone. And the problem is that we're stuck in prison. Who is going to fight Sephiroth? No one here, except for Cloud, can fight him."

But no one answered to this question. Yuffie went back to wondering how she could escape and grab the materia they had, so that she could help free the others. Vincent went to thinking in his dark, yet mysterious mind. Barret was worrying over Marlene and then was amazed by his return of his old AVALANCHE comrades. Cait Sith was jumping around his prison cell. Red was running towards the metal wall trying to break it down. Tifa was practicing her martial arts for the next time she met with Rude. And as for Cloud ... he was wondering if Sephiroth could truly return to bring the horrors he had brought over the past few years. He couldn't fight Sephiroth. And Vincent was right. They couldn't get out. Cloud couldn't get out. Who would match up to Sephiroth's power?

In the meantime, the town of Edge was empty apart from the cars and vans passing by. The only people walking around were those in the alleyways. A black coated man jumped down from a roof on a tall building. His hair was short, yet silver and his eyes were bright green with very small vertical black pupils. There were forces of SOLDIER patrolling the streets of Edge that day.

"Hey! There's one of the creatures emerged from the Lifestream! It's him!" they yelled.

"Creature? How insulting," he said. He drew his double sword, which had a gold handle. "You clearly judge a book by its cover."

He had the glow of the Lifestream seen in his eyes. The soldiers started shooting at him, but he dodged their bullets by deflecting them back at them with his double sword. Once that was done, he jumped into the air quicker than any normal human being and slashed all of them making them drop dead. The man put his double sword away in its holster and then looked around. He knew that more of SOLDIER's forces would be after him soon.

The man thought to himself. They will slowly know who I am. They will recognise my face. But they will not merely see me as a different person from the person I was a year ago.

Rufus Shinra was in a truck heading towards Edge and he was talking to Rude, who was apparently his new bodyguard until he employed a proper one. "Rude, what do you think SOLDIER has found in Edge?" he asked. He was no longer in a wheelchair anymore and his face had recovered from the devastation three years ago.

"I think that they have found nothing," he said simply.

Suddenly, the truck crashed into a wall. Reno, Rude, Tseng and Elena got off the truck immediately seeing the cause to this. "What is going on?" said Elena right away. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Elena, it is them ..." began Tseng.

"And so it is," said Rude, nodding his head.

"You mean him," said Reno. "There isn't the other two with him. It's him."

"Ah, yes," said Rufus Shinra as he came off the truck and looking at the attacker through his own eyes without bandages for the first time in a year. "So you have returned, Kadaj."

The man smiled. "You shouldn't expect anything less, Mr President," said Kadaj, as he simply stood there some distance away from them. He was in front of the monument Shinra Inc had built for the victims of the crisis three years ago in Midgar. "Besides ... you think I came from the Lifestream for revenge? If you thought so, you're gladly mistaken. I only came for a little chat. But of course, you had to bring bodyguards with you. What can they do to protect you? They couldn't even fight Loz or Yazoo. Your red haired geek and your bald guy couldn't handle them."

Reno and Rude looked offended, but they remained calm since Rufus Shinra was in their presence.

"You were saying?" said Rufus Shinra.

"You know what?" said Reno. "I've had enough of this."

He ran at Kadaj and then started to combat him in martial arts. Kadaj blocked his attacks and then punched him in the face. In turn to this, Reno took out his metal crobar and then tried whacking Kadaj in the face. But Kadaj was too quick and then knocked his crobar out of his hand with his double sword. Rude was going to intervene, but then Kadaj put his double sword to his throat. He backed off and then Kadaj looked at Rufus Shinra.

"Now I will tell you what I wish to say about the Lifestream's current state," said Kadaj.

Marluxia_Xii

Currently strapping Sephiroth and Axel to a bed fo
Website
spaces.msn.com
Ooo! I really like it, lots of details and a nice, lengthy chapter. (not too short, not too long) So...what is our former antagonist Kadaj up to now? (He reminded me of an evil elf when he would laugh in the Japanese version!) From what you said, it looks like Kadaj back, but to help, huh? Hmmm....keep going with the story, I'm starting to wonder if that's his trueintentions...*suspensful music plays*

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Marluxia_Xii said:
Ooo! I really like it, lots of details and a nice, lengthy chapter. (not too short, not too long) So...what is our former antagonist Kadaj up to now? (He reminded me of an evil elf when he would laugh in the Japanese version!) From what you said, it looks like Kadaj back, but to help, huh? Hmmm....keep going with the story, I'm starting to wonder if that's his trueintentions...*suspensful music plays*
Oh! Thank you for commenting on my fan fic! It has taken me two hours to type out and I've been thinking about it all day. Thanks for saying about the details and the lengthy chapter. I would have done a little bit more, but I couldn't think of anything else. I was originally going to stop at the part where Cloud thinks of who will fight Sephiroth. But how could I end the chapter and not introduce Kadaj?

And I loved his laughing voice in the Japanese version lol! I've got the story mapped out in my mind. But for now, I'm not doing Chapter Two until I get enough replies and not until tomorrow since it is quite late where I live.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Well then, here is your second reply. Please, post more. I'm fascinated by this Fic. It ha a good length, many details and a great story. Please, go on. ^.^ Are you going to make him childlike as in AC?

PS: I'm definatly subscribing to this thread ;)

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Puddle Jumper said:
Well then, here is your second reply. Please, post more. I'm fascinated by this Fic. It ha a good length, many details and a great story. Please, go on. ^.^ Are you going to make him childlike as in AC?

PS: I'm definatly subscribing to this thread ;)
Thanks for posting. You're fascinated? He might be a little more mature in AC since he could be a good guy. Chapter Two is coming up. I want at least one more reply and the story shall continue.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
AngelofDestiny said:
Thanks for posting. You're fascinated? He might be a little more mature in AC since he could be a good guy. Chapter Two is coming up. I want at least one more reply and the story shall continue.

Well yes, in lack of finding another word. That happens to me alot. Knowing a word in English but not in dutch, also the other way around. Oddly enough it happens with simple words like screwdriver and such ...

And thanks, I don't want to see him burst into tears like that big muscled man named Yazoo >_<

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Cloud_Unchained said:
It's interesting, but is this going to spoil FFVII? I've only just started.
I think it will spoil Advent Children more than the game.

Chapter Two: Solo Lifestream Warrior

"Ha, ha," said Rufus Shinra, laughing a little. "You always were the special one, Kadaj. So you have emerged from the Lifestream too, I take it? And why should we listen to what you say?"

"President, remember that it was me who had control of Edge a year ago," said Kadaj. "But I was wrong. Becoming Sephiroth caused my death at the same time. I returned to the Lifestream ... to Mother. Are the rumours true? Is it true that you are holding my brother and his friends for this outburst?"

Rufus nodded. "And if you carry on like that, little boy, you will be joining them," he said simply.

"You can't call me a mere boy," said Kadaj. "You couldn't live the horrors I went through. Could you even imagine becoming a remnant of Sephiroth and feel him wherever you go? And once you think you've found peace, it ends when you end up BANG right here on the planet."

"And why are you here?" he asked.

Kadaj glared at the Turks and then looked at Shinra. "Because I have deflected to different purposes," he said. "I don't want to give the planet to Sephiroth. It wasn't long ago that I was speaking to him myself."

"You spoke to Sephiroth?" asked Reno. "Oh man ... what did the big guy say?"

"Who cares?" said Elena. "I say we take him into prison as well, Mr President. Shall I call the special forces of SOLDIER?"

"You really want to take a dead man to prison? Come now!" said Kadaj. "I took care of one of your lackeys. You want me to take you all? It took my brother alone to take down myself, Loz and Yazoo. If you think you can take me on, be my guest."

"Let us not dwell in his business, Elena," said Tseng. "Let him continue."

"I agree," said Rufus. "He has valuable information. Carry on. You were saying about the Lifestream?"

"Oh, but it's in a right state," said Kadaj, who was mysteriously smiling. "You see, death can no longer come to this planet. Those who die are restored to their former selves. The Lifestream no longer returns the dead to where they are supposed to be. And that is why the dead wish to return to the Lifestream. It drives them mad to stay on the planet. It makes them want to take revenge on their own planet."

"But why would they do that, Kadaj?" asked Rufus.

"I would feel revenge as well, but that's not my case," smiled Kadaj still. "I have changed since Sephiroth was defeated by my brother. It weakened me when he faded away. But I was ready to return to the Lifestream just like everyone else did. And well ... you know what happened, right? The Lifestream has been broken. It is spilling out on the planet. Chaos will be ensured. And where are the heroes? YOU LOCKED THEM UP!"

The Turks looked ready to attack, yet Rufus pulled out his gun. "Are you suggesting that you are good now, Kadaj?" he asked.

Kadaj looked down at the ground. "I'm not a remnant anymore," he said. "I am more than what you consider us to be. I fight for more than power! I fight for those who are suffering!"

Rufus shot bullets at Kadaj, but he was quick and deflected them with his double sword. Reno ran forward with Rude, but then stopped and Rude was hit in the face as well as Tseng and Elena. Kadaj growled since he was still deflecting the bullets. Moments later, Rufus himself stopped shooting him and had the same look on his face as the Turks did.

"What? You believe that you cannot defeat me?" smiled Kadaj.

"Kadaj!" came a voice.

Kadaj spun around and set his eyes on Loz and Yazoo. He had once considered them as his "brothers" like Cloud. Loz had short silver and somewhat spiky hair and green eyes. He was carrying his electric metal arm on his right arm. On the other hand, there was Yazoo. He had long silver hair and green eyes. In his hands, were two guns.

"Loz, Yazoo," said Kadaj. "My former brothers."

"We are still your brothers, Kadaj!" said Yazoo. "And don't you forget it! Who was it that helped you to give the planet Geostigma a year ago?"

"And now you betray us ... to help them!" yelled Loz.

"It's all right, Loz," said Yazoo. "Don't cry. Mother is looking for us now. We will be reunited with her soon. Kadaj, I have come to merely tell you that the Reunion is taking place. You better be there."

"Yazoo," said Kadaj. "I'm not the same person you thought I was. I'm more than that! I may have been a remnant, but now I'm free! I became Sephiroth. But where were you two? I'm glad that brother destroyed you."

"And you know what this means," continued Yazoo. "You found Mother! We didn't! And now you shall tell us where she is. We know that you saw Sephiroth before."

"Sephiroth knows where Mother is," said Loz. "We will go to the Reunion and then! We will be reunited!"

"You're all obsessed," said Kadaj. "Jenova is an entity that threatens to hurt everyone. She wants to harm the planet and change it to her image. That is why at all means that I will stop you at whatever you plan to do."

"This is getting interesting ..." Reno muttered to Rude.

"Do you think we should intervene?" asked Rude.

"I'm not sure, Cloud can take that guy," replied Reno. "And he's one tough cookie. Not even the President can get a bullet on him. Just remember that he's not like the other two."

"And so your friends return," said Rufus.

"Wrong!" yelled Loz. "We were his brothers from what he said. But now, Kadaj! You'll see that you're wrong! You'll see that Mother deserves this puny planet. The dead are angry at the planet. They will get their revenge."

"If we are destined to fight, then so be it," said Yazoo.

"And since when do you believe in destiny?" stared Kadaj, laughing to himself. He had his double sword ready. "I am the only one that stands in your way of what you want. I guess it's too late for you to come back to the right side now, huh? I guess this is the way it is."

Yazoo began to shoot at Kadaj with his guns and Loz ran at him. Kadaj couldn't believe it. He was actually fighting his brothers. Loz kicked Kadaj in the stomach, yet he jumped back up again. Loz then combatted him with martial arts. Kadaj did the same, but he had the upper hand since he was younger, wiser and quicker. He threw Loz into a building and then took out his double sword again. Yazoo looked annoyed. He shot Kadaj many times, yet it seemed that Kadaj hadn't lost his touch ... not even after being in the Lifestream for a year and then returning to the planet. He smiled and then ran quickly at Yazoo knocking the guns out of his hands.

"N-No ..." whispered Yazoo. "What ... what is it? What did we do wrong?"

"What is that ... that makes you different to us?" growled Loz. "You should ... you should hate the planet for making you ... die ..."

Yazoo and Loz turned away from Kadaj and drove off on their motorbikes. Kadaj turned to the Turks and then still held his double sword. "Does anyone else want to have a try at me?" he shouted. "Just go ahead and do what you think you can. You can't take me away like my brother without a simple reason! I hate Shinra Inc."

"Hate us all you want, but it is their fault that you have all been released from your resting place," said Rufus. "Please, Kadaj. Listen to me. We are making an investigation to what is going on. Like we did a year ago, we have sent forces of SOLDIER to go to the Northern Crater. We still await of what is going on."

"I seriously don't believe you," said Kadaj, trying to toy with his mind. "You think that he did it? You think that Cloud would threaten the planet and release everyone dead? Just think of it. Sephiroth emerged from the Lifestream. Jenova emerged from the Lifestream. And you know what else? Even more ... an old friend of Cloud came out as well. She's terrified of going out. I look after her since she saved me from a more painful death a year ago. Now YOU tell me something!"

He moved the Turks out of the way by either kicking them or simply, pushing them. Holding his double sword to Rufus, Kadaj continued to speak.

"Where is the girl that the man with the gun arm has?" he asked.

"I ... know nothing of that topic," said Rufus.

"You better talk or else this will be your death!" yelled Kadaj.

"If you must, then I will tell you," he said. For being in this situation, he was very calm. "Once we arrested the culprits, we tried to locate Barret's daughter. We searched the whole town of Edge, including the bar that Tifa works in. You may know it as the 7th Heaven. We looked there for the girl, but we could not find her. And now we are looking for a boy called Denzel, who we believe may know where she is. He is most likely hiding her. You may recall that Denzel was brainwashed by you."

"He will not fear me," said Kadaj, then pushing Rufus to the ground. "He will fear you more than myself for what you did to Cloud and his friends. You will pay someday. But on this day, I shall let you live." He turned to walk away.

"What are you after?" asked Rufus.

"What am I after?" repeated Kadaj, not looking at him. "Justice. It shall be served. You will not get away with the invasion of the planet, Shinra." He then walked away down the streets of Edge with no fear on his face. That fool will pay for what he did to my brother. How could he allow Cloud to go to jail? Sephiroth is alive. The girl he knows is alive. The dead have returned and they remain alive for now. And the people alive remain alive. No one can die now.

He walked into a dark alleyway and pulled out his double sword. He could hear something was around him. Perhaps he was being haunted by the Lifestream creatures that had also been made from the Lifestream being broken. The noises soon vanished. Kadaj put his sword away and then heard a low gasp. He ran to where it was coming from and then found the person he had been looking for - a woman.

This woman was so angelic. Her eyes were green, her brown hair was in a long platt with a pink ribbon, she was wearing a pink dress and a red jacket. She was also wearing brown shoes. In her hand, was a rod.

"It is all right," said Kadaj. "I am here for you now. We will clear their names. I promise you ... Aeris."

"Are we safe?" whispered Aeris. "Where is Cloud? I want to see Cloud now!"

"Cloud is in jail and we cannot help him," answered Kadaj. "And so are the others. Tifa, Barret, Cait Sith, Cid, Vincent, Red and Yuffie ... things will not be the same anymore. Do you understand?"

"I ... I think I do," said Aeris. "But this is strange. This place is quite strange."

"I know, but I do know a place where we can lay low for now," said Kadaj as he helped her up to her feet. "We shall go to the 7th Heaven. I will explain everything there. Just give me sometime to get us there."

"Ok," said Aeris. "But I feel so weak."

"Still? Looks like I will have to carry you," said Kadaj. "And don't worry, I won't try anything on. We're dead anyway."

"Don't say that," said Aeris. "We can still live, even if we are dead."

"And here I am talking to the one who I thought was Mother," smiled Kadaj. "I guess I'm too old to be a mother's sibling such as you."

He carried her across the town being careful. And then they arrived at their ultimate destination. Kadaj set eyes on the place that Rufus had mentioned.

"I think you may know this place well," said Kadaj. "It is the 7th Heaven."

"It's here?" said Aeris. "It truly is here."

Kadaj sighed. Loz and Yazoo were lost since they had sided with Sephiroth and Jenova. Rufus, the Turks and SOLDIER had the wrong people in jail. And now ... the former heroes were in jail. Kadaj felt guilty. He felt it was partly his fault that this had all happened. But nevertheless, he walked into the 7th Heaven and heard a small breeze sweeping into the bar.

"Is anyone here?" asked Kadaj. He spoke a bit more loudly. "I said. Is anyone here? It's all right! I'm a friend of Cloud."

"She is here," said Aeris.

"Who's here?" questioned Kadaj.

"Marlene, it's ok," whispered Aeris as she walked towards the machine. "I am here now. We're going to get through this." And then the machine suddenly went down. It came back up and there standing on it was Denzel ... and Marlene.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Nice, nice. Although I do think the fights will get really ... really long if nobody can die ^.^ Lol, if the fight gets on forever than in the end you'll have two geriatric grandpa's wacking eachother with a stick. i'm rambling here ... Excellent Fic. :D

Endgame

:D
*Sigh*
It's like you've had a great idea, but then screwed it up and come out with something a ten-year old n00b wouldn't excrete. I mean, c'mon, Kadaj being a friend of Cloud's? Not to mention coming back to life after having his body destroyed by the exertion of becoming Sephiroth? And Cloud getting captured by Shinra soldiers, after reaching the power he did in AC? Sorry, but it just dosen't fly. To your credit, you have TRIED to justify things, but seemingly threw down the first wild justification that popped into your head.

And, secondly, I'm not a great fan of how it's written. Given, yes it is literate, but it dosen't flow, it all just seems to be one disjointed sentance after another.

Still, it's head and shoulders above most fictions at the moment, so I'm going to congratulate you on your effort. My advice is to sit down for a couple hours, be it at work, when you go to bed, whatever, and just Think, Think of reasons why Kadaj could return. Dismiss all the obvious ones instantly, and explore some of the more original ones. Follow the same process for the other continuities. Also, go down to your local library and borrow out a book...my reccomendation is one by KA Applegate...and try and emulate the style of writing used in it. You have potential, you just don't know how to use it.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Zetsumi, all I have to say is that some things are best to be left until the fan fic develops. You shouldn't ask questions. If I give you the answers, then I'm going to spoil everyone. I like to tell this fan fic to everyone, but I do NOT want to spoil anyone. So therefore, you will have to find the answers in the fan fic as to why Kadaj has reverted to the right side. The mysteries of him returning will be revealed. And as for Cloud being captured ... well, this is also something that will be found out as well. You see, I like to take time to reveal answers to questions. So now, people. If you are going to ask questions, hold your horses. Answers will be revealed ... and more questions will come.

Chapter 3: An Unlikely Encounter

"The flower girl?" whispered Marlene. Denzel stepped in front of her since he was looking at Kadaj, the one that had brainwashed his mind and had almost changed the planet a year ago in the form of Sephiroth. Marlene saw that Kadaj was with her and looked quite scared. Kadaj did not move. He simply stood there and had regret in his eyes.

"It's all right," he said. "I'm not going to hurt you. I thought extra protection would be needed for the pair of you."

"Where's Barret and Tifa? Where's Cloud?" shouted Denzel. "What have you done with him?"

"I haven't done anything with him," said Kadaj simply, yet he was telling the truth honestly. "It's your pal, Rufus Shinra. You all think you can trust him? You can't even trust yourselves, even you kids. As for Cloud, Barret, Tifa and the others ... Shinra captured them. They're responsible for what happened."

"I don't believe it ..." gasped Denzel.

"I told you! But you wouldn't believe me!" shouted Marlene. She ran away, but ended up in the arms of Aeris. "I want my daddy! I want my daddy right now!"

"We'll help you to be safe," said Aeris. "I promise you. We'll help them."

"So tell me what exactly has happened here," said Kadaj. "Why is everyone scared? Is it because of us? Or is it something more?"

"Creatures from the Lifestream have emerged," said Denzel. "They've appeared all over the city. We can't fight them. Only the special forces of SOLDIER can fight them."

"Special forces of SOLDIER?" repeated Kadaj. "You don't think it's ..."

"It must be," said Aeris right away.

"Aeris, can you protect Denzel and Marlene here?" asked Kadaj. "I'm going to see if I can break my brother out and his friends."

"But that's not how it should be done," said Aeris. "You don't know what these special forces of SOLDIER are."

"If I'm right, then they can match up to even my strength," said Kadaj. "But they can't kill me ... not now. And just think about it. The old times are returning. The times before the Reunion ... before I became Sephiroth. Rufus Shinra is in for a shock."

"You mean ..." began Aeris.

"Yes, the former President Shinra is back," said Kadaj. "And he'll be fighting Rufus to the death. If I can't stop him, then Rufus will become one of us ... he'll become a Lifestream soul. And we cannot allow that to happen. We have to take action now! Aeris, take Denzel and Marlene somewhere safe. Go to your old home. You know what I mean, right?"

"Of course," she nodded. Denzel came to her's and Marlene's side. "Let's go now." But as they were walking out, Denzel had his eye on Kadaj.

"I'm watching you," he said. "You hurt Cloud and you're going to get it, you son of a bitch!"

Kadaj watched them leave. He went out and saw to it that they made it to their destination safely and unfollowed. Once that was done, Kadaj made his way to the newly rebuilt Shinra Company building. He looked up and laughed to himself.

"So is this the mighty Shinra Inc?" he smiled. "What a joke!"

But he knew that he was not alone. Kadaj took out his double sword and saw the old forces of SOLDIER from the years ago coming towards him. They were the forces that were killed in Nibelheim and the ones that were mercilessly slaughtered by Sephiroth in the old Shinra building. They shot at Kadaj, yet he was quicker. He had the Jenova cells to thank for that. Not that he liked them, but still ... it was disgusting now that he'd seen he was wrong. Upon drawing his double sword, Kadaj ran quickly at the "average rated" old forces of SOLDIER and slashed them as if they were nothing. After they were down and out having died, they mysteriously disappeared ... back to the Lifestream.

"Someone is doing something," said Kadaj. "Something is making them go back to the Lifestream! But who? Where are they? I have to find them before they send me back!"

And then out of the blue, a girl jumped down from a nearby building and landed right near Kadaj's feet. She did a backflip and jumped back away from Kadaj taking out a wide sword. It was a brand new version of the Buster Sword. Kadaj looked quite shocked.

"Wait! That's my brother's sword! How did you get hold of it?" he asked.

"Hah! That is for me to know and you to find out!" she laughed.

The girl was tall and thin. She carried blue eyes and long black hair. She was currently wearing jeans and a white sleeveless top. There were also black-grey gloves being worn on her hands. Kadaj knew that she highly reminded him of Tifa, who was one of Cloud's friends.

"You think that I'm going easy on you?" said Kadaj. "Tell me something! How did you send those old forces of SOLDIER to the Lifestream?"

"Fight and defeat me!" shouted the girl. "Prove your worth to me."

"A name would be nice," he growled.

"The name is Destiny," she smiled as she held the sword with both arms. "And as a matter of fact, this indeed is the Buster Sword. I cloned it with my power to make a duplicate of it. The old one remains outside the city of Edge where it has remained for three years. With the help of my ancestors, I was able to duplicate its power. Let's see how you can handle your brother's first ever weapon to be used for good."

Destiny rushed at Kadaj and their swords clashed with each other. They broke off when Destiny pushed him back by kicking him and she ran at high speeds. Kadaj smiled. Someone to test my power? They will regret who they challenged this day. He jumped into the air and then hit Destiny's sword. He hit it again, yet his plan was not working. He was trying to knock out her sword out of her hands, yet Destiny was matching up to his every move.

"You really can't fight someone like me," said Destiny as she flew backwards to a roof. "I am what my name is. Destiny. I can see all. I know when you will strike even before you do strike!"

Kadaj growled. This isn't good. If she can see all of my moves, then what am I supposed to do? How can I fight her? I'll have to try conceal my mind from her. That must be what she is doing. Or wait ... she is called Destiny. Does that mean that she can see the future?

"Correct, Kadaj," said Destiny, smiling. "I have visions of the future and also the past. I know you even better than you know yourself, Kadaj. You cannot hope to defeat me. I wield a duplicate of your brother's old sword and I have knowledge of the future. So basically, this battle will be endless."

"No!" said Kadaj. "I will not believe that."

"So what will you do?" she asked. "Will you actually use the Jenova cells that you have?"

"Do I look like I want to become something like Sephiroth again?" yelled Kadaj. "Becoming Sephiroth killed me as you might recall. It cost me my life and I returned to whence I came. The Lifestream will give me the last of its strength and I will not give up."

"I can sense some old angry feelings returning ..." sang Destiny.

"You will never understand the torture I went through," said Kadaj as images of being experimented as a clone of Sephiroth returned to his mind. "So what if I was a mere remnant then? I am free now. I am free to control my own life and my own destiny. No one like you will stop me achieving what I want!" And with saying that, he ran again at Destiny trying to slash her. Yet Destiny jumped from building to building.

Her strength ... it is like Sephiroth's. She cannot be linked to Sephiroth. If she is, then how can she wield the enemy's sword? That is not honourable. Kadaj ran after her, although he had initially wanted to break into the Shinra building and rescue Cloud and the others.

"I have some news for you that you may know of," said Destiny, flying up into the sky. "Do you want to hear it?"

But Kadaj could not fly. He looked up and embraced himself. He could tell that she was going to make a move on him that would involve him getting hurt. "I would like to hear," he said. "But not now!" He jumped high into the air yelling and then slashing Destiny down to the ground. Destiny groaned at the pain she was feeling. Kadaj returned to the ground and approached her.

"Never underestimate destiny," he said. "You should already know that destiny can change itself."

Destiny looked at the blood that was dripping down. "I suppose ... I suppose you are the mere remnant of Sephiroth that I knew of," she whispered angrily.

Kadaj walked to her and took out a bandage wrapping it around her left arm that had been injured. "A remnant wouldn't help a person in need," he said. "Destiny, you shouldn't always believe in, well ... destiny, of course. Things can change. Like when I unexpectedly attacked you. Not even I could have predicted it, nor could you. Like how I've reformed after dying. I couldn't see it happening, nor could you. There are just some things that happen naturally and not by destiny."

"Maybe ... maybe you're right," whispered Destiny.

"Now tell me," said Kadaj. "What is this news you bring to me?"

"You may already know, but ..." began Destiny. "You would have thought that all of them ... particularly Cloud, would have been able to fight off the forces of SOLDIER and escape from Shinra. They are not ... human, Kadaj. The special forces of SOLDIER and even the normal forces are no longer human. They have been subjected to similar tests such as yourself."

"If I think I know what you're saying, that means that it's happening," said Kadaj.

"It is happening, Kadaj," said Destiny. "Those SOLDIER were infected with Jenova cells. Their human souls and minds have been corrupted. They're now mere insects controlled by Shinra and the ultimate power they have. You, Cloud, Loz, Yazoo, Sephiroth and anyone else are no longer the ones who alone have Jenova cells. Think of these forces of SOLDIER as ... mere robots that are controlled through experiments."

"I do not wish to be reminded of that," said Kadaj. "I had a rough time being there already! It drove me mad to be experimented on. It ... drove me to the point where I could feel Sephiroth and I HAD to bring the Reunion. I knew it'd make me feel happy. I thought big brother would help me since he was lost as well. But I was wrong. Cloud has fought Sephiroth twice before. Once when his village was burnt down and another time when he was trying to destroy the planet and give it to Jenova. We've all been manipulated by Jenova and Sephiroth. But I suppose I can't save anyone now. Loz and Yazoo are lost. As for Sephiroth ... he will never be found. He will never be turned back from what he discovered. And Cloud. How could he be bested by those with Jenova cells? It is abusing the human rights to experiment on SOLDIER! If I could just go to Shinra now, then I would slaughter him!"

"Slaughtering him wouldn't be the best idea," said Destiny. "Remember that Rufus Shinra is backed by the whole world to restore the Lifestream and thus, peace to the world. From what I know, you don't have a lot of time left to find out the truth. If we are able to gain access to the Shinra building, then maybe we could find Cloud and the others and perhaps ... see what they know?"

"Whoever mentioned a WE?" said Kadaj loudly. "It's an I. I stand alone in this fight. Help's appreciated, but this is something I have to do alone. If I don't do this, then how else am I supposed to free Cloud so that he could fight Sephiroth? No one else can!"

"Ah, but you are wrong," said Destiny. "Perhaps someone else can fight him."

"Really? Who else can stand up to Sephiroth?" asked Kadaj. But he didn't see it plain obvious in his eyes who could do it and it was staring at him in the face.

"YOU!" yelled Destiny.

"Me?" boomed Kadaj. "Get real! I used to be Sephiroth and now he doesn't need me. He's got his own flesh, blood and body. I can't be fighting him. I need to free my big brother, so he can do it."

"You might not be able to do it," said Destiny. "You might not be able to stand up to Shinra's forces."

"So let me get this straight," said Kadaj and looked at her eyes. "You're saying that I can't stand up to Shinra's forces, yet I can take on Sephiroth?"

"What have I been trying to say for the past minute again?" she yawned.

"Not yet, but maybe I might be ready," said Kadaj as he put his double sword away and looked at the Shinra building. "I feel I'm ready for this. Expect the unexpected if you're coming."

"Of course I'm coming," said Destiny. "You can use me. And the people at Shinra don't usually change their minds once it's set on doing something. I trust you know that?"

"You ARE very strange, mysterious and demented," said Kadaj.

"Well, someone had to finally say it," said Destiny, smiling.

"You better be ready for this," said Kadaj as the pair of them slowly walked towards the Shinra building ready for the fight of their lives.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora_Ish_Mine! said:
awsome another chapy!^^ i liked this one and awsome fight! and i like the idea of having Kadaj on the right side^^ i think it makes a better story .-. update soon! =D
I might not be able to update it til tomorrow. But if you're really lucky and that I'm in the best mood, I might write another chapter.

Marluxia_Xii

Currently strapping Sephiroth and Axel to a bed fo
Website
spaces.msn.com
Chun ANBU/SAE/ said:
this story sucks. i can write stories a lot better than you.
*Ahem* Perhaps you could just share yours too? I'm new here too, and you don't see me going around and saying that people's stories are bad. Be nicer, and just don't comment if you can't think of anything nice to post. Oh, AngelOfDestiny, please continue with your story, I'm still a bit confused of why Kadaj is on the right side, but I hope it can be explained soon. ^^ The last chapter was awesome!

Endgame

:D
Zetsumi, all I have to say is that some things are best to be left until the fan fic develops. You shouldn't ask questions. If I give you the answers, then I'm going to spoil everyone. I like to tell this fan fic to everyone, but I do NOT want to spoil anyone. So therefore, you will have to find the answers in the fan fic as to why Kadaj has reverted to the right side. The mysteries of him returning will be revealed. And as for Cloud being captured ... well, this is also something that will be found out as well. You see, I like to take time to reveal answers to questions. So now, people. If you are going to ask questions, hold your horses. Answers will be revealed ... and more questions will come.

I can understand what you are trying to do with that, but perhaps I should make myself clearer. That kind of 'mystery' based fiction works best for something without a precedent (for example, the award-winning Lost), or if done well, as a prequal (yet again, for example, Smallville), but not as a sequal to a pre-established storyline.

this story sucks. i can write stories a lot better than you.

So can I, but I prefer to offer constructive critiscm rather then destructive abuse. I'm also lax to believe that you can write better stories then her, given that you can't even use capital letters yet.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Thank you all again for your comments. I will keep your suggestions in mind, Zetsumi. And I am currently in the middle of watching the first season of Lost on DVD. Maybe I will be inspired and get good ideas. I have also heard of Smallville as well. Perhaps I will surf the net and see if there is any advice for fan fics. Don't think that they are bad ideas, but I have taken in what you have posted. Chapter four will be up later on today.

I HATE SCHOOL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back