• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kaa in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destinywind

So you know how Jungle Book was almost in BBS? Many people also think the world has a good chance in KH3. My question is if it's in the game, how do you think they might use Kaa? Obviously, Sheer Khan would have to be the final boss, but what about midpoint boss, or a recurring fight like Sabor in Tarzan? How would his hypnosis come into play? Imagine if he used it in battle like a paralyze effect, or maybe he would hypnotize an ally or side character to fight you. Feedback please!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The problem with Kaa as a boss fight is that snakes aren't that agile. It'd be easy for Sora to land hits and not give hkm a chance to use his hypnosis

Rosebudx

Awards
I think that, instead of a boss in and of himself, Kaa would be fantastic as a gameplay mechanic during/just before other battles (even just regular field battles).

Imagine running up and thinking that you should be running into some Heartless at some point, only to have Kaa pop down and use his hypnosis to inflict Confusion on Sora&co. just before the actual battle begins. Could also inflict Sleep or Darkness or something else at random, just to mix things up a bit.

I mean, it would be annoying as all get-out until the point comes where we defeat Kaa (even just in a cutscene or something where we just scare him off), but it would be annoying in a good way if done right. Have we ever had something like that in KH?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
my question, although off topic; what does it matter if soriku make out. they're fictional. leave your bubble of irrational bias and join the real world. its fun.

on topic, i wouldn't be surprised if KH delved into the live action remake tbh.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
my question, although off topic; what does it matter if soriku make out. they're fictional. leave your bubble of irrational bias and join the real world. its fun.

on topic, i wouldn't be surprised if KH delved into the live action remake tbh.
Uh, what? That first point has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.

redcrown

Awards
Said signature has disappeared from OP's post
trying to backpedal lol

I don't see Jungle Book making an appearance at all. It's not as popular as newer movies and is a bit of a small film. At most I could see it in a side game. But the problem would be running around in that world as a human; Mowgli is supposed to be the only Man in the jungle and that is the central conflict/theme of the movie. Sora/protagonist would have to be an animal to make it work/not ruin the point of the movie's story.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Said signature has disappeared from OP's post
trying to backpedal lol

I don't see Jungle Book making an appearance at all. It's not as popular as newer movies and is a bit of a small film. At most I could see it in a side game. But the problem would be running around in that world as a human; Mowgli is supposed to be the only Man in the jungle and that is the central conflict/theme of the movie. Sora/protagonist would have to be an animal to make it work/not ruin the point of the movie's story.
Well its getting two live action adaptations, so that should give it more recognition. Plus Sora has been an animal in plenty of worlds

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well its getting two live action adaptations, so that should give it more recognition. Plus Sora has been an animal in plenty of worlds
Sora has been an animal in like... one world. And that was because humans had zero presence in the Pride Lands. Turning into a half-dolphin merchild in Atlantica doesn't really count. I figure that if he stayed human in Deep Jungle, he'll stay human in whatever they call they Jungle Book world.

As for that getting in the way of the movie's central theme... well, they could KH1 it and create a plot that's different from the movie's. Heck, keeping Sora human might be a way to directly draw him into the conflict (seeing as Shere Khan's deal is killing humans), rather than have him just kinda exist while the movie plot happens.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I prefer that Sora stay human. Keep the standard moveset, nothing crazy. Besides, it'd be a nice throwback to Deep Jungle to explore the jungle as a human boy.

redcrown

Awards
As for that getting in the way of the movie's central theme... well, they could KH1 it and create a plot that's different from the movie's. Heck, keeping Sora human might be a way to directly draw him into the conflict (seeing as Shere Khan's deal is killing humans), rather than have him just kinda exist while the movie plot happens.

This I would actually like. Replace Mowgli entirely with Sora for he story, have Bageheera lead him around as a guide, encounter the various characters, clear heartless from the jungle, and confront/duel with Shere Khan.

Off topic The Deep Jungle story in KH1 was pretty bad, I thought. The characters weren't portrayed well at all and the story wasn't thought out much.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Something I would like to see in a Jungle Book world is Kaa trying to hypnotize Xehanort or Y. Xehanort only to have it fail horribly and either one of them threatning him

redcrown

Awards
Jungle Book would have probably fit best in DDD, when Sora was/is younger and by himself.

Nicki6082

I honestly never was a fan of The Jungle Book it always bored me to tears as a child so I wouldn't really care for it as a world in the game. I also don't think it fits in with the current story anyways with all that will be going on I don't see how this world would be important or relevant to the overall story. I think it might've for better in previous installments but now it would just be out of place.

Launchpad

Awards
I do agree that The Jungle Book isn't super thematically paired to KH3, but the characters are lovable, and it'd be a nice world to explore... But I've thought about this quite a bit. Emperor's New Groove and Jungle Book shouldn't be in the same game, since they're both primarily jungle worlds. And I'd much rather have Emperor's New Groove.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I honestly never was a fan of The Jungle Book it always bored me to tears as a child so I wouldn't really care for it as a world in the game. I also don't think it fits in with the current story anyways with all that will be going on I don't see how this world would be important or relevant to the overall story. I think it might've for better in previous installments but now it would just be out of place.
I think just about any world can be "important or relevant to the overall story" if some effort is put into it. Take a look at Deep Jungle in KH1: Clayton wasn't part of the villain council, no one SDG were looking for was there, and initially, Donald wanted to skip the world altogether. The Heartless don't even begin to show up until halfway through the world! Still, this world is used to develop SDG as a trio and give the first small friendship speech of the franchise.

Maybe The Jungle Book won't have much to do with Xehanort's plot at large, but it could be used to develop other things besides the main plot.

Launchpad

Awards
Agreed with what was said above... A lot of times, plunking Sora and company into an unknown area, splitting them up, or giving them something to disagree on is better than over-all plot exposition. Imagine if Donald was kidnapped by King Louie, and Goofy and Sora have to rescue him? They could realize how much that duck does for them, shit they never even realized. Honestly, I'd prefer it to one of the villains showing up and taunting Sora and talking about master plans and darkness.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I do agree that The Jungle Book isn't super thematically paired to KH3, but the characters are lovable, and it'd be a nice world to explore... But I've thought about this quite a bit. Emperor's New Groove and Jungle Book shouldn't be in the same game, since they're both primarily jungle worlds. And I'd much rather have Emperor's New Groove.
The jungle was just a small part of the film unlike Jungle Book. There is also the mountain areas and the empire itself

Nicki6082

That's true there could be some team bonding that I had completely forgot about that would be a nice break from the main plot. I also would much rather see emperors new groove over jungle book...just my own love for that movie though lol XD

KHHacker6595

I'm all for The Jungle Book, its a classic film at this point and the last that Walt Disney himself worked on. If KH3 is only new Disney films, I'm sorry but I won't play it. The reason being that it is such a sell out thing to do. I'm fine with Tangled, Big Hero 6, and Frozen, but if the rest of the worlds are all from the last 10 years or so, I don't have much interest in the game on principle alone. Trying to only appeal to the younger generation is the definition of a cash grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back