• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Justice League Snyder Cut

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
Just out of curiousity, are you guys interested by it?
I used to have difficulties watching snyder movies, because they were too different from the MCU. But now, I am starting to enjoy them because they are different from the MCU (tastes come and go). I appreciate the subtext he puts in the movies and his artistic style is really something different.
I also appreciated how close he was from the fans during the making of this movie, showing making-of and explaining a bit the behind the scenes of how to make those kind of projects.

Epic Mickey

Awards
Just out of curiousity, are you guys interested by it?
I used to have difficulties watching snyder movies, because they were too different from the MCU. But now, I am starting to enjoy them because they are different from the MCU (tastes come and go). I appreciate the subtext he puts in the movies and his artistic style is really something different.
I also appreciated how close he was from the fans during the making of this movie, showing making-of and explaining a bit the behind the scenes of how to make those kind of projects.

I saw the trailer and it looked intense like way 'more' things then the 2017 film had making the cut more popular for fans to see. I am not too familiar with snyder's work in retrospect but from what I gather his cut' on the justice league is better representation of what fans wanted to see that the 2017 film did not give. Like, when I saw the trailer it looked darker, more symbolic and more connected to what it should be whereas the 2017 film is a mess and doesn't really make much sense but that's the biggest difference. I am more marvel then DC but i like both that regard and this cut' gives me that interest level but i am fine with the 2017 film as it is though. For what its worth---the cut allows fans to have that connection to the material as it should be and for those like myself (only one) i like the 2017 film as is but i'd be interested in the snyder cut' version as well. So overall based on the trailer it looks way more accurate and effective to the fans ideal desires.

AegisXIII

Awards
Basically, he is obsessed by biblical images. He want to develop the "deity concept" as far as he can. Superman is treated like a god. There are a lot of imagery taken from Christianity in his work. Batman on the other half is treated as the nihilist, the one who rejects the deity.
I know that some fans were upset by this because it is not what the comics are about. But the Justice League from Joss Whedon was so blank and devoid of any subtext that fans were left disappointed.

I would like to recommend this video who made me rethink my opinion on Snyder's work.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hm... honestly I couldn't really sit through any of his previous movies in the DC Universe. To me it seems he just doesn't get the characters, or rather has a very different read on them than I do. His version of both Superman and Batman are just not for me, they seem to go too much for the "dark and edgy" feel for me to really be able to enjoy it.

PrettyGuard

Awards
Wow, I can't believe that they brought back Superman for this film.

AegisXIII

Awards
Wow, I can't believe that they brought back Superman for this film.
This was filmed in 2016. It just wasn't released in its complete form until now (which is a movie of 4 hours instead of the 2 from the theatrical cut).

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
No one doubts Snyder is trying to be profound and philosophical in his films. It's plastered all over the image. The issue is he's bad at it and not nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

Anyway, I've seen his Justice League. It's literally fan fiction funded by the studio. The only difference between this and KH3's Data Greeting is that fan-made Data Greetings are made and stay on reddit whereas the Synder Cut was made on reddit and put on HBO Max.

Four hours of it. Not going to lie, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. But it's still very bad.

AegisXIII

Awards
No one doubts Snyder is trying to be profound and philosophical in his films. It's plastered all over the image. The issue is he's bad at it and not nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

Anyway, I've seen his Justice League. It's literally fan fiction funded by the studio. The only difference between this and KH3's Data Greeting is that fan-made Data Greetings are made and stay on reddit whereas the Synder Cut was made on reddit and put on HBO Max.

Four hours of it. Not going to lie, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. But it's still very bad.
Well, comic books are fanfiction of their previous iterations. That's the essence of it.
I personally loved every minute of it and it makes me want to see more. Still a bit clunky here and there but the exposition is so much better in this version. No character is annoying and they dropped all the terrible avengers joke that felt flat. So it's a big thumbs up for me.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Well, comic books are fanfiction of their previous iterations. That's the essence of it.
I personally loved every minute of it and make me want to see more. Still a bit clunky here but the exposition is so much better in this version. No character is annoying and they dropped all the terrible avengers joke that felt flat. So it's a big thumbs up for me.

Glad you liked it! And happy that you got what you wanted after the theatrical version.

Lulcy

Awards
Watched it.

Better than the theatrical by virtue of having an actual tangible narrative and emotional core, not exactly a impressive feat or hard thing to do, but should have done more than the bare minimum. The movie is still almost as insufferable for its sheer visual incompetence, a galling and unbearably ugly miasma of clashing textures (something Whedon did far better here). The increased thematic coherence only makes the wretched aesthetic choices more galling, irritating, and oppositional.

It being a sequel to Man of Steel and Batman v Superman means it's still working with flawed foundations, something that extra footage and longer runtime alone can't fix. At the same time it's not only carrying the flawed foundation but his personal flaw of hyperfixation on scenes/moments, individually they're a bit less annoying than in his previous films but in the end they cause the same effect due to the film length and larger quantity.

The saving grace is that there's some legit strong emotional character moments to distract you from them, and the action sequences are entertaining but, unfortunately the color and textures do a disservice to them and the moment they move to something else it's back to be not invested.

Outside of indulgence, there's not a lot to justify the four hours runtime and there's too much set-up for a sequel and movie that may not happen :sigh:

I can respect that Zack got to make the movie he wanted, you can feel his love for cinnema and the medium, it's just the unfortunate reallity of the real world that love is not 1:1 translatable to execution, perhaps if we lived in fiction this could be the case but we do not.

2.5/5

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Watched it.

Better than the theatrical by virtue of having an actual tangible narrative and emotional core, not exactly a impressive feat or hard thing to do, but should have done more than the bare minimum. The movie is still almost as insufferable for its sheer visual incompetence, a galling and unbearably ugly miasma of clashing textures (something Whedon did far better here). The increased thematic coherence only makes the wretched aesthetic choices more galling, irritating, and oppositional.

It being a sequel to Man of Steel and Batman v Superman means it's still working with flawed foundations, something that extra footage and longer runtime alone can't fix. At the same time it's not only carrying the flawed foundation but his personal flaw of hyperfixation on scenes/moments, individually they're a bit less annoying than in his previous films but in the end they cause the same effect due to the film length and larger quantity.

The saving grace is that there's some legit strong emotional character moments to distract you from them, and the action sequences are entertaining but, unfortunately the color and textures do a disservice to them and the moment they move to something else it's back to be not invested.

Outside of indulgence, there's not a lot to justify the four hours runtime and there's too much set-up for a sequel and movie that may not happen :sigh:

I can respect that Zack got to make the movie he wanted, you can feel his love for cinnema and the medium, it's just the unfortunate reallity of the real world that love is not 1:1 translatable to execution, perhaps if we lived in fiction this could be the case but we do not.

2.5/5
I find your opinion interesting because there really is a gap between people who like Snyder and people who dislike him. There is no in between. One big disagreement point I have with you is the visual incompetence. For me, he is the only director who is properly playing with the CGI (at the exception of a few others of course), by making the camera do things that are impossible with real cameras. He uses technology to create nice visuals to the point where you often wonder why there is a slow motion here and there (sometimes it's too much, but I like that bloated movies like this exist).
There is only one studio who is doing things like that and it is Square-Enix. I find their style in term of scene composition, color grading and camera animation pretty similar and maybe that's why it resonates so much with me.

For example, for me, these two pictures have the exact same artistic composition in term of colors and slow motion. They are not here to look realistic but to look nice and different. What's the point of using cgi to recreate real life. Use it to go nuts. XD
1616484012282.png
1616484268863.png

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
As somebody who loved Zack Snyder's Watchmen, I wasn't really a fan of Man of Steel or Batman Vs. Superman, so I was reluctant to give Justice League as I assumed the changes wouldn't be drastic enough to justify watching it again. But now that social media is pointing out the differences between the two versions, I'm glad that Zack Snyder's Justice League exists. Granted, this only came into existence in order to boost HBO Max subscribers but I'm still thankful for its existence.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
WB Neo already said that we're not getting a "Snyderverse". According to some Twitter users (not good source), Snyder films cost more than they get back in revenue.

AegisXIII

Awards
WB Neo already said that we're not getting a "Snyderverse". According to some Twitter users (not good source), Snyder films cost more than they get back in revenue.
I do not believe this. For me this is a marketing move to see how strong the demand is. They will capitalize on snyderverse vs dceu since this is producing social media talk which is the huge publicity stunt they need.

Back