• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Justice League: Doom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
[video=youtube;q0MSuTJNDdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0MSuTJNDdc[/video]

The next DC Universe animated film - One of Dwayne McDuffie's final works before his death earlier this year, Justice League: Doom is based [kind of] on Tower of Babel. Set to release in 2012.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This looks pretty sweet and the animation does look similar to YJ~

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Oh there is so much good here, and I always enjoy the DC animated movies. If this is anything like the last Justice League movie i'll be more than pleased; we even get Cyborg in this one.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Was wondering when there was going to be a thread about this. This looks great but I wonder which elements of Tower of Babel there keeping.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh man, the animation looks fantabulous and so does the voice-acting.

Not sure about the plot as to how much they'll include Babel-based stuff but this is one of McDuffie's so....

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Did they hire Hans Zimmer to do the music? It sounds so much like the Inception trailer.

Woot! I loved Bane's quote in this. Definitely going to keep an eye on this.

Amazing

Eh, it looks alright. I'm not crazy about it but nor am I feeling the need to be too critical.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
[video=youtube;q0MSuTJNDdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0MSuTJNDdc[/video]

The next DC Universe animated film - One of Dwayne McDuffie's final works before his death earlier this year, Justice League: Doom is based [kind of] on Tower of Babel. Set to release in 2012.

As soon as I saw that it was a JL film, I was interested. By the time I saw Cyborg, I became hooked.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Bumping this. Why? Because I watched it. Now I didn't read the original source material for this, "The Tower of Babel" so a comic expert would have to comment on how well that story was adapted here. But I did enjoy every moment of this movie. It's probably my new favorite DC animated movie.

I'm also looking forward to the next movie to come out this year. Superman Versus The Elite

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Bumping this. Why? Because I watched it. Now I didn't read the original source material for this, "The Tower of Babel" so a comic expert would have to comment on how well that story was adapted here. But I did enjoy every moment of this movie. It's probably my new favorite DC animated movie.
It's not really a source material as it is more of a 'inspired by'. The only thing the two share is the concept of Batman's contingency files to take down the Justice League being stolen by a supervillain. The comic features an entirely different League and it's Ra's in place Vandal Savage with no Legion of Doom whatsoever.

Judging it as a adaptation would be silly.

I'm also looking forward to the next movie to come out this year. Superman Versus The Elite
Coincidently, I finally found the issue this will be based on. As a huge Superman fan, I've continually looked for Action #775 just to have it in my collection and I finally found it in my store the other week for $5. So happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back