• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just wondering, maybe I missed something.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Okay, so earlier today I was thinking about the relationships between the default Keyblades that each of VAT starts out with and their "evolved" forms.
Terra's Ends of the Earth visually looks like the "next step" for the Earthshaker, and Aqua's Stormfall looks like the "next step" of the Rainfall. But what about Ven? It always seemed kind of odd that Lost Memory looked nothing like Wayward Wind.

Maybe it was touched on an interview, but I never heard an explanation. Maybe that's just the way things worked out and I'm overthinking xD

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I've heard that be brought up before but it was never covered. Some people assume it's because Aqua and Terra are of master level and Ven isn't that he doesn't get an "evolved" form of his Keyblade, but Keyblade evolution doesn't seem to be a legit function of it. Canonically all three would be using their default Keyblades through out the entire game so I don't think it's something that needs too much thought put into.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It is based on Ventus recovering his memories, thus the purpose of "Lost Memory."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think he means the look of the keyblades are completley different.
And I don't think it's anything to think about, really.

Oh. I noticed that too, kinda pissed me off.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I think he means the look of the keyblades are completley different.
And I don't think it's anything to think about, really.

yeah, that's what i meant.

and maybe. i just found it odd that ven was the outlier.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I don't think the developers really thought of it as "Keyblade Evolution" at the time. Or rather, weren't trying to make Keyblade Evolution a thing of the Kingdom Hearts Universe, just a creative idea for one game.

But, if they bring it back for future games:

Kingdom Key, anyone else notice a certain resemblance to a rather powerful keyblade?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I recall correctly they had once planned an evolved form of Ventus's Wayward Wind with a darker color theme, more gold and the "wings" at the teeth elongated but scrapped that.

In the game data there's also a another hidden keyblade that was originally intended to be equipable by Ventus, the Light Seeker which looks exactly like Mickey's Kingdom Key D.

@Virus:
I think the fact that two crossed Kingdom Keys form a part of the ugly super-weapon was already mentioned and thoroughly theorized about. *ggg*

LucasDraleau

It could've been a way to reflect on how Aqua and Terra were able to take on the Mark of Master and Ventus couldn't. Maybe their keyblades changed because they sensed that thier bearers were worthy of being appointed a Master.

Zul

Awards
I've heard that be brought up before but it was never covered. Some people assume it's because Aqua and Terra are of master level and Ven isn't that he doesn't get an "evolved" form of his Keyblade, but Keyblade evolution doesn't seem to be a legit function of it. Canonically all three would be using their default Keyblades through out the entire game so I don't think it's something that needs too much thought put into.

I do think Ends of the Earth is canon. No matter what Keyblade you equip, the LS will ALWAYS use Ends of the Earth. Using the starter keyblade won't change that, using Chaos Ripper won't change that, it's always EotE. He also keeps it in the LS cutscene.

The one issue is that you see his default keyblade entering the RoD to save Aqua rather than EotE, makes me wonder what really happened.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I do think Ends of the Earth is canon. No matter what Keyblade you equip, the LS will ALWAYS use Ends of the Earth. Using the starter keyblade won't change that, using Chaos Ripper won't change that, it's always EotE. He also keeps it in the LS cutscene.

The one issue is that you see his default keyblade entering the RoD to save Aqua rather than EotE, makes me wonder what really happened.

...I'd say it was a continuity error...

Zul

Awards
Hmm...as in the keyblade in the RoD should have been EotE or the LS should have had the default keyblade?

I'd like it to be the former, he gets EotE after meeting Riku and passing the keyblade capability to him, which is something only a master can do.

LucasDraleau

It could be that they wanted the two basic keyblades of Ven and Terra to save Aqua instead of the default Keyblade of Ven and the "upgraded" Keyblade of Terra. Or it could've been because the LS has the EotE, so it couldn't be "taken" from him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, then there is a theory that Terra's heart is in Riku's. If that is so, the Keyblade LS has is mere a hollow shell that is in the form of EotE and the living Keyblade is still the default, existing wherever it is--Riku's heart or stuck with Xehanort...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back