• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► "Just talk to her!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkway

It's not so easy.
Yeah, whatever. I'm not exactly PROUD that I'm asking for advice from my most favorite Kingdom Hearts forum but...yeah, whatever. I'm not a big fan of dumping my juvenile problems on a bunch of adults and peers but...I don't know, I guess I would just like some input. Honestly, I don't have too many good friends I can talk to about this so...
I'm seventeen and a senior in highschool, by the way.

Theres this girl. (Cliche opening statement, check) I think she is...very...cute? Ah, I like her. Simple as that. I was around her for a bit early in the year during some...setup thing for the beginning of the year at my school. I developed a huge crush on her. She's always sitting alone and seems very withdrawn. I've talked to her once...Wasn't exactly a lengthy conversation. I don't know her name, but everytime I see her in passing in the halls or whatever, she always seems to be...glancing at me. And I her, I guess.

(How many times am I going to say "I guess")

So my problem is, just going up and talking to her isn't exactly easy. We don't have any classes and I only see her in the hall during passing period and before or after school. So...finding the time to talk to her is rather...difficult. There really isn't a reason for me to go up and talk to her...Nothing is ever situation appropriate to just tap her on the shoulder and start asking/talking to her about something. The only time I see her for a longer period of time is when I see her at this club every other week after school...And waiting two weeks is kind of killing me.

tl;dr: I have a crush on this girl that I rarely ever see these days. Tips on how I should go about approaching her?

Thanks!

-scuffles off, embarrassed-

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
most girls like confidence, try saying hey, my name is (insert name here).

your a senior its time to man up, its what i did. btw same grade goodluck this year bro.

and if thats not your cup of tea, try setting up a day where you invite EVERYONE to something like a day at the beach, make sure she goes then introduce yourself there.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Start saying hi often and then from there escalate to an easy and quick conversation. Then you should ask if she wants to hang with you or vice-versa. Get to know the girl.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Introduce yourself, first of all. Try doing that during your Passing Period.

Awards
your a senior its time to man up

Not only is it your senior year, it's probably the last year that you're ever going to see this girl again. This means that based on your chosen actions, there are three possible outcomes:

a) You approach her and you are warmly received, giving you a chance to get to know this girl better and possibly form a meaningful relationship with her.

b) You approach her and she rejects you, and once this year is over you never have to think about her again (assuming of course that you're the sort of person who would dwell on a rejection like that for an entire year).

c) You do not approach her, and instead you get to spend the rest of your life wondering what opportunities you abandoned because you were too much of a pussy to ever put yourself out there.

Does it seem so difficult when you give add that perspective?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
c) You do not approach her, and instead you get to spend the rest of your life wondering what opportunities you abandoned because you were too much of a pussy to ever put yourself out there.

I agree 183 percent with everything Bangkok Superpussy said above, but I want to give the quoted added emphasis. You really do not want to waste a lifetime pondering on what could have been; you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so just go for it.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Heres some solid advice.

-Weigh out your options
-Think hard on this is this something you want long term or short term after all this is senior year for you you wanna have fun.
-Actually take time to think it over real good.
-Go iin with the mindset opposite of what you desire( If you desire long term go in with short term on mind)
Ive been iin your situation before exact one and from the way I see it its best you think it over and for YOU to come up witht he best approach for the situatiion. Nothing I can do or say can make you do anything.
You say shes withdrawn eh?
Approach her in a friendly manner not strong but enough for her to notice.
Glances I wouldnt take so seriously as your looking at her thus she will naturally look at you.
Most of al do this.
Imagine your falling as you talk to her if she says no your friends will catch you if she says yes shell catch you no matter what you wont hit the ground alone.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Are you in the club with her? If so, it seems like it's your best chance to say something to her rather than being awkward and trying to start a convo during your 3-minute break. Unless you have some amazing skills or think up a way to get her contact information from her during a 3-minute period without coming off as awkward or creepy, I wouldn't try this method.

Either way, I'd recommend talking to her during this club. What type of club is it anyway?

As a small note, it seems you're doing this as "love at first sight" and you haven't even spoken to the girl. That said, I wouldn't try to put too much emphasis on your talks, yet I would also recommend at least giving it some effort assuming you don't have a crush on a different girl every few weeks or so.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Anyone else think of some romance comedy anime upon reading this?

On a more serious note, use the times before and after school to go up to her. As it was stated before, introduce yourself to her and see where that goes. And, once again, as stated before have confidence. Trust me when I say that two shy people do not make a good couple(that one could have ended better). But try to find out what her interests are. Chances are that the two of you share more in common than you might know. People don't typically go for the shy ones other than friendship unless there is something else that the shy one is hiding, most of the time it is an interest. Hell, I've seen people have some lasting relationships on a single interest. I speak of a friend of mine and his girl friend who have been together for about four to five years now with the only interest bein' video games. They both love them and that's where the interests end. We are all geeks(my group of friends) and she's more on the prep side so it's one that we didn't see comin'. But he was confident and found out her interests and look at him now.

...Maybe I should try to do as he did. I'm too shy be be just like him.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I had the same problem (inb4im13idontneedagf), and I liked this girl and got shivers even when she walked by. After a while I began to talk to her, asked her out, was confident, but it was a no, but that didn't stop us from being friends.

Just have confidence in yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back