• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just got KH: HD 1.5 Remix and need some help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nifix

Hello!

I just got home from the midnight release of KH: 1.5 and was really looking forward to playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 again since I have not played it since its release so long ago but I ran into an issue. One of the parts I remember most was the opening scene on Destiny Islands where Sora wakes up Kairi says "wake up you lazy bum" ect but to my surprise there were no voices at all just subtitles. I continued with no voices until I stopped playing after the first cut scene with Goofy and Donald at which point I attempted to fix it. I reset it took the game out and then made a new file and started over with the same result. I have all the sounds working fine music, sounds of hits and foot steps ect, and even Sora's attack sounds but the cut scenes are all voiceless.

Am I just missing some setting or is this how it is supposed to be? I had heard they lost alot of the first game and in 1.5 they had to remake most of it. So did they lose all the voices, am I just being dumb and missing something, or am I the unfortunate victim of a bug? Any help would be appreciated!

On a side note this is my first post on these forums and I can only assume that I have broken a rule because I did not take the time to read them prior to this post due to how late it currently is. If I have broken any rules I apologize and I will remove this thread tomorrow if it has not been done already. Again any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Nifix

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Re: Just Got KH: HD 1.5 Remix and Need Some Help.

Not quite sure myself considering I don't get 1.5 until tomorrow, but it sounds like a bug or a settings error. I'm almost 100% positive that there are still voiceovers in the English Final Mix. I could be wrong though. I don't see the point in making an HD remake of a game if they lost so much that it included the English voiceovers as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hello!

I just got home from the midnight release of KH: 1.5 and was really looking forward to playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 again since I have not played it since its release so long ago but I ran into an issue. One of the parts I remember most was the opening scene on Destiny Islands where Sora wakes up Kairi says "wake up you lazy bum" ect but to my surprise there were no voices at all just subtitles. I continued with no voices until I stopped playing after the first cut scene with Goofy and Donald at which point I attempted to fix it. I reset it took the game out and then made a new file and started over with the same result. I have all the sounds working fine music, sounds of hits and foot steps ect, and even Sora's attack sounds but the cut scenes are all voiceless.

Am I just missing some setting or is this how it is supposed to be? I had heard they lost alot of the first game and in 1.5 they had to remake most of it. So did they lose all the voices, am I just being dumb and missing something, or am I the unfortunate victim of a bug? Any help would be appreciated!

There ARE audio issues in 1.5, but you seem to have gotten the worst of it D: I've only had my music go out. You are definitely experiencing a terrible bug. I'd suggest going to the Save Data utility/folder and deleting all of your 1.5 data and trying again. If this happens again, I'd suggest hitting up Square Enix Support (UM...pick a random game and just click "contact" and tell them the game and what is wrong) with a very stern message, and maybe try going back to your game store to get another copy is the issue persists.

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/kingdom-hearts-hd-15-remix-launch-event

Or drop a comment there or at their many twitters.

On a side note this is my first post on these forums and I can only assume that I have broken a rule because I did not take the time to read them prior to this post due to how late it currently is. If I have broken any rules I apologize and I will remove this thread tomorrow if it has not been done already. Again any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Nifix

You haven't broken any rule! (though I would suggest reading our FAQ/Rules anyways) Welcome to KHInsider!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hello!

This is a strange bug, one I've not heard of before. Did the game save any data onto the PS3? Try deleting that and seeing if it works. If it doesn't fix itself, you might have to swap it in for a newer copy :(

Thank you in advance,
Nifix
No, no, you're fine :)
Helping out people is what we're here for!

Sorarocks93

Awards

Don't they usually fix these kind of bugs a day or two after with a patch? I might be wrong though.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

That's really weird. Getting 1.5 in half an hour, so I'll be reporting back here. 100% sure it's a bug, tho. Voices are one of the things a game like KH takes pride in. They'd lose a massive amount of interest if 1.5 had no voices.

But like I said, Terminator style: "I'll be back." XD

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Have you tried playing another game? Did you change your TV setup recently? If you go through the (automatic) audio setup process again, does the problem persist?

Nifix

Thanks for all the reply's guys I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately for myself the bug does not seem to be going away. After three new files, a deletion of saves/utility, and then two more new files I have kinda given up I can only take so many 15 minute tutorials. I plan to contact support in a bit and later if it still persists I will get another copy assuming they have one since I got the collectors version. Although I am in no rush to do it at this point due to my urge to play the game again being basically gone.

I had originally planned to take the day off today (Why I went to the midnight release =P) but with the game voiceless and myself no longer planning to play it for the time being I had no reason to not miss class. So now I am running on about 3 and a half hours of sleep and I am just generally upset.

Anyway thanks again for the reply's guys I will be sure to let you all know how it turns out. I will also look over the FAQ/rules when I get the chance. Hope you all have better luck then I do and enjoy the game! (For those picking it up today)

Thanks again,
Nifix

Nifix

Have you tried playing another game? Did you change your TV setup recently? If you go through the (automatic) audio setup process again, does the problem persist?

I will throw in The Last of Us to see if the problem continues once I get home I Did not think to try this. Thanks for the suggestion!

ChibiHearts249

Awards

Ok. Put in my new ReMIX and got to the talking. I had ONE hiccup. When Riku tosses the log at Sora the sound stopped for the BRIEFEST of moments. Other than that unfortunate event (which startled me) talking resumed as normal.

wolfshadow

Ok. Put in my new ReMIX and got to the talking. I had ONE hiccup. When Riku tosses the log at Sora the sound stopped for the BRIEFEST of moments. Other than that unfortunate event (which startled me) talking resumed as normal.

Actually my audio was fine for that whole scene and so far all music is doing great!

ChibiHearts249

Awards

Audio issues are random and happen at any point in the game. Not just DI or that specific scene.
I know that it was a special occurence. The way it happened seemed random. I was just sharing that I had a slight problem as well X3 Haven't gotten far enough for another hiccup yet, tho! :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I know that it was a special occurence. The way it happened seemed random. I was just sharing that I had a slight problem as well X3 Haven't gotten far enough for another hiccup yet, tho! :D

I wasn't responding to you but to wolfshadow xD But it is good you haven't had anymore issues! I hope it stays that way!

wolfshadow

I wasn't responding to you but to wolfshadow xD But it is good you haven't had anymore issues! I hope it stays that way!

Someone in another thread said they didn't hit audio issues till hallow bastion. So who knows? It's almost like a competition to see who can go through an entire game with no audio hiccups lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Someone in another thread said they didn't hit audio issues till hallow bastion. So who knows? It's almost like a competition to see who can go through an entire game with no audio hiccups lol

That was Sign lol, the one who reviewed the game lol.

We should all just make this the thread where we talk about our audio issues and laugh about it xD unless it is super serious like OPs :c

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Nope OP you're not the only one. there are some people on neogaf that have that same problem. It might be that you're on 5.1 mode. Watch Square not fix this

Nifix

Finally got it working a little bit ago!

After returning from class I played The Last of Us for a while with no issues but sadly KH was still voiceless so I started messing with console audio settings to see if the issue was there. After setting everything back to default I opened the game up and it was working but sounded very odd (This may have just been the random bug many people are talking about happening at a very inconvenient time). So I then returned all the settings to what I originally had them at and after a few seconds it started working perfectly fine. I did not get to play it as much as I wanted today and I have no idea why it was not working since my settings are the exact same but hey at least its working!

Thank you to everyone that replied your all the best!

pabgD79.gif

Last edited:
Back