• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Just Friends

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I feel really stupid doing this, but I would like some outside perspective on this topic. Basically what happened was I recently realized I have feelings for a really close friend of mine. I've been losing sleep over this and I've been thinking about her constantly. It kind of makes me feel stupid. Anyways, I want to know if you think I should tell her or just let it go and try to move on. We're real good friends and I don't want to mess up our friendship.

I feel really uncomfortable talking about this with people I don't really know.

kh2kingman94

Website
www.youtube.com
You're 15, right? If you honestly cannot stop thinking about her with your feelings coming out everywhere, you might as well tell her now. If you want to save your relationship as it is now and your feelings are mere sparks, I'd wait until last year of school, if you're in school that is.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
she wont freak out she'll look back on it when she's going to college and think "ah~ young love~ at least i truly was an attractive young girl" and it will help her self-esteem i promise

because none of my friends ever told me they liked me and now i feel like an old hag and the one guy i did like turned out to be GAY ;__; SO YOU GOTTA TELL HER

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Maybe even explain your situation to her. Tell her that you haven't been able to stop thinking about her, but also emphasize the fact that you don't want to hurt her by saying this. I've gone through this, and I was rejected, but let me tell you, it makes things so much better to get things off your chest, and will actually make things less awkward in the long run.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
she wont freak out she'll look back on it when she's going to college and think "ah~ young love~ at least i truly was an attractive young girl" and it will help her self-esteem i promise

because none of my friends ever told me they liked me and now i feel like an old hag and the one guy i did like turned out to be GAY ;__; SO YOU GOTTA TELL HER

Hah. Well guess what, I'm sure you are attractive. Plus you just seem to have a thing for gay men.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
My main concern isn't rejection. If she were any other girl I'd tell her, but we're real close and no matter what ends up happening things will be different between us and I don't really want things to be awkward because I don't have very amny friends.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
welp that's just something you gotta decide then. it is already different because you're holding this back from her.

but it's not something anyone can help you with. good luck!

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
don't just shove that thought down. just tell her that you kind of have a crush on her, it's not going make your relationship with her crumble immediately

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I don't understand the anxiety of rejection. If she says no then at least you can say that you tried and hopefully those nagging thoughts of yours will go away.
Hopefully

CaptainKchuckles

Follow your heart, bro. You'll be bullshitting yourself anytime you're around her if you don't get what is on your chest off.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I think I'll let her know next time I see her, which might be a while since she's busy this week and is going on a servant trip all next week. I'm gonna try and say it as casually as possible.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
try to tie it in with the current conversation too. don't just bring it up out of nowhere

theirlosthearts

Awards
try to tie it in with the current conversation too. don't just bring it up out of nowhere

Yeah, you definitely don't want it to come out of nowhere, but make sure you aren't too casual in bringing it up either. Make sure she realizes that it's important to you so she'll take you seriously.

And yeah, it will be different if you tell her about it, but any negative effects from telling her (and those are ifs) are seriously outweighed by the long term effects of keeping it all inside.

Here a quote from an anime that seems to sum up what you've said you want in this situation:

"If there is something that the person I like can be happy about, more so than liking me in return, I want that person to stay happy, the way it was meant to be. Of course, I would be happy if the person I like likes me back, but…for me, seeing that person stay happy brings the biggest happiness." - Tomoyo from Card Captor Sakura, from the sig of MegaWallflower

Just something to think about. I hope everything works out for you!

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Silverslide said:

I've heard something like that somewhere else before. I don't think it'll be that hard to do, considering this is a topic we've joked about in the past.

theirlosthearts said:
Here a quote from an anime that seems to sum up what you've said you want in this situation:

"If there is something that the person I like can be happy about, more so than liking me in return, I want that person to stay happy, the way it was meant to be. Of course, I would be happy if the person I like likes me back, but…for me, seeing that person stay happy brings the biggest happiness." - Tomoyo from Card Captor Sakura, from the sig of MegaWallflower

Just something to think about. I hope everything works out for you!

That quote is exactly how I feel. I just want her to be happy, if she feels the same way about me then that's great, but it's not top priority.

And thanks everyone for all the feedback.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel really stupid doing this, but I would like some outside perspective on this topic. Basically what happened was I recently realized I have feelings for a really close friend of mine. I've been losing sleep over this and I've been thinking about her constantly. It kind of makes me feel stupid. Anyways, I want to know if you think I should tell her or just let it go and try to move on. We're real good friends and I don't want to mess up our friendship.

I feel really uncomfortable talking about this with people I don't really know.
Okay oh god no I know exactly how you feel about this.
For a long time in my friendship to my friend Nik, I have went from a crush to just, complete stupid feelings for him and I could not shake them at all even though I knew for a fact he wouldn't even be good for me anyways.

ANYWHO. He knew. He knew the entire time and since we were so close and dependent on the other, we tried not to make a big fuss about it. We fought a lot, I cried a lot, ruined myself over him. There were a couple nights of me just bawling my eyes out to him because of how much I hated myself, how much I loved him, and of course, all he could really say was "I know, Sabrina, I know." and comfort me. I was too important to him to get rid of like that. We couldn't let it ruin us, and eventually, I did get past it, I got over him, and I'm in an amazing relationship with my boyfriend now. Nik and I are still very close and supportive of each other. He's in a great relationship now, too. :eek:

I don't think you should let her go, but maybe lay it on the table. Even though Nik knew, I confessed to him and it made things a lot easier on me. On us, as friends, too.
If she cares about you, she won't leave over that, but it could get awkward sometimes. It's a very tough situation. Are you prepared for her to not like you back like that? Like are you content with just being close friends? Or lose her completely?
I'm sorry for ranting about myself, but I just want to show how painful it is, how hard it is, but that it is possible to be just friends if you really do care about that person. Nik is like a brother to me and it's strange saying that, sure, but I was way too stubborn to lose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back