• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just a few things I noticed. (Not spoiling anything, really)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecopper12

Using Days as my comparison point, I noticed a few pleasing things present in Re:Coded.

1. The controls feel a lot smoother, and my thumb doesn't start to hurt nearly as fast as it did in Days. It just feels more responsive, and I don't feel like I have to mash down the D-Pad to get somewhere. It felt a lot ore stiff in Days.

2. The cut scenes that are actually 3-D have a higher quality of resolution. It looks a lot better to me, though I may be seeing things. They are also not as sparse as in Days.

3. Everything looks more rounded. What I mean by this, is that in Days, things seemed more blocky and stiff (The Organization's coat for example. It seemed stiff to me.) Now, everything is more flowing and defined.

All in all, I am liking Re:Coded so far. For a port from a mobile phone game, it seems like it would have been great on Phones as well. Either way, I'm happy.

What are some things you guys have noticed?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't know if the cutscenes are any better in quality, but the gameplay is definitely a lot smoother. It doesn't feel forced and it flows a lot better.
ReCoded seems cheesier but they rolled with it and made a lot of fun gameplay aspects.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it may be because Re:Coded doesn't have as much content crammed into the disk as Days did. They even managed to get a brief moment from the CGI ending of KH2 into Re:Coded's opening. (Not of the same high quality, but still)

Lolwut?

Anyway, Re:Coded seems like more of a KH game, gameplay wise IMO.
Think about the final fight of days (Riku and if this is spoilers to anyone then I'm not sure why you'd be reading this thread). That is really the only fight that I can remember from days, and even then that's only because I played it about 9001 times to gain experience so I could get to level 100 (Days 100% ftw). What I'm trying to say is that that fight sucked so badly, as an actual fight, that I couldn't believe it was in the game, let alone as the final boss fight. The area was way too big for a start, and you could easily just walk around, without ever having the fear that you would be hurt, as Riku would just fluff around where he was, occasionally firing a dark firaga at you or literally just walking around. Also big HP and massive attack stats don;t make for 'good' boss fights, yes I'm looking at you Dustflier. Compared to the final fight, or any boss fight for that matter in Re:coded, and you had better believe that you need to stay on your toes, or you're going to find you having your ass handed to you. Same goes for a lot of BBS's fights.
Also in days you have no attacking options. Just mash A and occasionally dodge roll/block/glide*. Magic was so useless, and a bit of a pain to get to the ones that weren't shortcutted, so they don't really count as viable attacking options. The addition of all the different commands in this game, and BBS made for much more invigorating and exciting gameplay, and if the player wanted variation, all they had to do was pause, shuffle some commands and they could now be employing a completely different play style.

Wow there's a lot of days bashing in this post, don't get me wrong though, I still liked days, I've just liked the other 2 of this trilogy a whole lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back