• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Jurassic World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Just got back from a showing.

The park is open my friends, enjoy it. Tied with the first in greatness, dare I say even better than the first film.

Go see it

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I can't believe I actually cried. When the last score played, oh boy. This movie was everything I wanted.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Just saw it. I think we all saw the ending coming just by watching the trailers, but I loved every moment leading up to it. The only complaint I really have is that the use the "phone/radio won't work" trope as a means of moving the plot forward a lot in the second act. Otherwise great dinosaur action in this film. They could have mixed it up a little more with the coloration of the herbivores though. A lot of browns.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Ironic that they have poor cell reception yet Verizon was going to sponsor the dino-

...wait. Was...was that a friggen joke, Universal? Well clap clap clap for you if that was intentional.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Saw it Friday night and I loved it. I'd be happy if all other franchise revivals were even half this good.

In regards to the Indominus Rex, I felt she was cool, but was missing something. Something that would make her look more like a hybrid of several species, rather than a spiky T-Rex with longer forearms. Then again it's easy to go too far overboard with hybrid designs.
Sad that Masrani is most likely dead though. Would've loved seeing him in the inevitable Jurassic World 2. Though I'd be happy if they could get Goldblum back too.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
The one thing I really appreciated about the Indominus Rex was how it had the camouflage ability from its cuttlefish genes. In the book of The Lost World, there were a pair of carnotaurs that were equipped with a similar ability. Malcolm and co. were being hunted by them but a search light that kept sweeping over them was making them nervous because it messed with their ability. So they didn't get much action in the book and weren't even included in the movie. But the Indominus being able to do it is kind of a throwback to that.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I can't post a link right now, but apparently Jurassic World is the first movie to ever hit half a billion dollars in one weekend! o.o Holy dinos.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Oh boy I just noticed remembered something about the ending. Buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Saw it on Friday and I must say it was awesome! Definitely better than Lost World and III but still not sure if it's better than the original. It's a close call.
Loved the action. Lots of cool dino kills, though I was surprised at how gruesome some of them were. Also happy the romance story was kept to a minimum. Too many movies try to shoe horn romance in.
Anyone else notice Ian Malcolm's book with his picture on the back? Was hoping for Goldblum himself but I'll take what I can get.

Saw it Friday night and I loved it. I'd be happy if all other franchise revivals were even half this good.

In regards to the Indominus Rex, I felt she was cool, but was missing something. Something that would make her look more like a hybrid of several species, rather than a spiky T-Rex with longer forearms. Then again it's easy to go too far overboard with hybrid designs.

Agreed.

Also agreed. I did like the design overall but it looked too much like the T-Rex.

That is awesome news! The dino's are still popular.

Oh boy I just noticed remembered something about the ending. Buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer, buffer.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm definitely expecting another movie. They have Wu and the embryo's so anything could happen now.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Jurassic World was awesome. DEFINITELY a SHITTON better than The Lost World and III. The stuff with Wu definitely sets up some sequels and Chris Pratt said he's signed on for "a bunch" of sequels.

Also, as silly was that final battle scene was, it was pretty fucking awesome.

D

Deleted member 36435

i don't know why they didn't just get on the phone with barry obeezy and turn the super dino into a pile of flesh with a drone

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Honestly, I came to the movies with low expectations. I remember liking the original, but the second faded from my memory, and I don't think I made it through the third. But it was fun! I got fun, dino action out of it, and the writing was generally amusing! & Chris Pratt :Q

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFAlwJBFmbw I don't know if any of you guys would be interested in this.

Isn't this Jurassic Park film a remake of the original?

She's adorbs haha

And no this is in fact a sequel (primarily to the original, but 2 and 3 are still canon), in no way is it a remake

I can only imagine how they'll name the sequels. Jurassic World 2? Jurassic Park 5? Jurassic 5: The Park is Reopened? I got nothing

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Just got back from seeing Jurassic World.

As a film itself it was pretty good.

Just the main thing I take for it is extreme nostalgia for Jurassic Park. Like the main things I enjoyed from it were callbacks to the first film albeit it visual and just Giacchino's reworking of the soundtrack.

Oh and the petting zoo.

I really liked the petting zoo.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
She's adorbs haha

And no this is in fact a sequel (primarily to the original, but 2 and 3 are still canon), in no way is it a remake

I can only imagine how they'll name the sequels. Jurassic World 2? Jurassic Park 5? Jurassic 5: The Park is Reopened? I got nothing

Jurassic World The Lost World LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back