• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Jungle Book (2016)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Too lazy I'll clean this tomorrow

In the race to get The Jungle Book to the screen, Disney has taken the lead, with Idris Elba in final negotiations to voice star as the tiger Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's take on Rudyard Kipling's classic tale, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The movie is being made as a live-action/computer-generated hybrid, with most of the animals being CG creations and voiced by actors. The studio is also on the hunt for an actor of mixed race to play the part of Mowgli, the "man cub" orphaned boy who is then raised by various jungle animals.

Elba's character is the life-long enemy of the boy. George Sanders voiced Shere Khan in Disney's 1967 animated classic.
Elba is coming off rave reviews for his portrayal of Nelson Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
Warner Bros. is still moving ahead with its version, with Ron Howard in talks to direct the project after Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Babel) fell off.

Idris Elba to Voice Man-Eating Tiger in Disney's 'Jungle Book'

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Re: Live Action/CGI Jungle Book -Idris Elba as Shere Khan

neat. I really like the jungle book (disney version) so this should definitely be a treat. Idris Elba is perfect for the voice over of the Tiger in my opinion.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

As much as I love Idris Elba, he will have to do a lot to win over Sander's voice in my mind.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

As much as I love Idris Elba, he will have to do a lot to win over Sander's voice in my mind.

This. Sanders voice IS Shere Khan. Anyways, I'm not particularly excited for this but I guess it could be good. We'll see, not getting my hopes up.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I just.

Let's do everything CGI and then make all our classic, hand-drawn films live-action (& CG)! Just forget about all that boring, old, pencily, oldness. 8D

Sooo, rather than making shitty sequels, Disney's new thing is remakes? I mean, I suppose I prefer the latter, but I didn't take to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and I haven't seen Maleficent yet. They're doing Cinderella (and Beauty and the Beast?), and who can forget the timeless 101 Dalmations? I can't unfortunately. I love Glenn Close, but god the whole thing as a package is nauseating.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Maleficent looks alright, but I don't really like this trend either.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

live action-CGI

3hBwU.gif

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

All I've got to say is that they better mo-cap Idris Elba and release the footage because that would be glorious.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

neat. I really like the jungle book (disney version) so this should definitely be a treat. Idris Elba is perfect for the voice over of the Tiger in my opinion.

I love the animated version, still watch it every now and then. :p

I agree, Sander's did a wonderful job (especially that low note in "That's What Friends Are For" xD).

I just.

Let's do everything CGI and then make all our classic, hand-drawn films live-action (& CG)! Just forget about all that boring, old, pencily, oldness. 8D

Sooo, rather than making shitty sequels, Disney's new thing is remakes? I mean, I suppose I prefer the latter, but I didn't take to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and I haven't seen Maleficent yet. They're doing Cinderella (and Beauty and the Beast?), and who can forget the timeless 101 Dalmations? I can't unfortunately. I love Glenn Close, but god the whole thing as a package is nauseating.

Yeah i'm not really liking this trend either. That's why I was so happy when they went back to the old animation when they released that Winnie the Pooh movie a few years ago.

Whoops. I forgot there was two versions of the Jungle book film. I`ll just go ahead and delete the post

Wait there is? This'll be interesting.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re: Live Action/CGI Jungle Book - Idris Elba as Shere Khan

I... don't know. It doesn't look bad, but it looks off. Most of that is probably because I'm so used to the animated movie (probably my favourite Disney animated movie as well). It also looks so serious in this trailer and Scarlett Johansson sounds kinda off.

What this trailer does well, though, is show that things are gonna be different (Scarlett f.e.) and more realistic (so srs), while keeping light-hearted elements of the original (ending scene). I need to hear more dialogue to decide on how I feel about this.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I appreciated the serious tone of the trailer to be honest. Makes it seem like there will be a good balance of comedy and drama

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Disney needs to stop. Seriously. Between this and the billion other live action things they're doing and even a fucking Mary Poppins sequel, I can't take this. Someone seriously needs to knock some sense into these morons in charge

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I know the trailer is there but here's the video embedded:

[video=youtube;HcgJRQWxKnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcgJRQWxKnw[/video]

I miss the Rudyard Kipling 1994 movie; that movie is over 20 years already.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It looks fantastic! I'm not a big fan of the Jungle Book but I'm hella excited for this!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I didn't even recognize Scarlet Johansson's voice. She's been doing some interesting vo work as of late.

Looking at this, my expectations have been raised slightly. It looks more interesting than the other live-action incarnations, but I don't know that I'd go see it. Plus, the almost hyperrealistic CGI animals (talking ones at that) always seem to rattle the suspension of disbelief for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back