• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Jungle Book (2016)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Live Action/CGI Jungle Book - Idris Elba as Shere Khan

[video=youtube;uBAku3Cwsgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBAku3Cwsgk[/video]

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I remember (being forced many times to watch) this. Though it really was quite good I thought.

Lena Headey represent

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

It looks fantastic! I'm not a big fan of the Jungle Book but I'm hella excited for this!

Same here, this may actually be the very first Disney Live Re-imagining that I am actually excited for!

I mean, look at the star talent, Idris Elba (Shere khan), Scarlett Johannsen (Raa), Bill Murray (Baloo), Ben Kingsley (Bagherra) & Christopher Walken King Louie). This movie may end up being a hidden gem: I'm very optimistic!

Disney needs to stop. Seriously. Between this and the billion other live action things they're doing and even a diddlying Mary Poppins sequel, I can't take this. Someone seriously needs to knock some sense into these morons in charge

You telling Disney to stop doing that is like telling a shopkeeper to sell their products. Look, it's the only thing that keeping Disney Live Action going at the moment.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

You telling Disney to stop doing that is like telling a shopkeeper to sell their products. Look, it's the only thing that keeping Disney Live Action going at the moment.

There is no fucking artistic integrity left at this company and it's sickening. I'm honestly flabbergasted that the next two animation studios movies are completely original, ie not based on anything whatsoever. That hasn't been done in over 50 years of the company.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

There is no diddlying artistic integrity left at this company and it's sickening. I'm honestly flabbergasted that the next two animation studios movies are completely original, ie not based on anything whatsoever. That hasn't been done in over 50 years of the company.

I swear to god if they didn't cancel Tron you wouldn't be shouting this tirade every time Disney announces they are reusing old IPs. I'm looking forward to this because it looks more faithful to the book. I am looking forward to the Mary Poppins because they are going to use Travers' other novels. If they are going to brush off their old work, they should be using new ideas and new material to bring those characters to the modern audience. I WANT the children of this age to see that movie and become interested in the book it was based on.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

There is no diddlying artistic integrity left at this company and it's sickening. I'm honestly flabbergasted that the next two animation studios movies are completely original, ie not based on anything whatsoever. That hasn't been done in over 50 years of the company.

Tommorowland and The Lone Ranger were abysmal financial flops (both of which were original concepts). Disney are still going to release original content, however, it's evident that the rehashes are more financially successful. At the very least, Disney Animation are going all out with their original content.

I swear to god if they didn't cancel Tron you wouldn't be shouting this tirade every time Disney announces they are reusing old IPs. I'm looking forward to this because it looks more faithful to the book. I am looking forward to the Mary Poppins because they are going to use Travers' other novels. If they are going to brush off their old work, they should be using new ideas and new material to bring those characters to the modern audience. I WANT the children of this age to see that movie and become interested in the book it was based on.

THANK YOU

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

No I've been annoyed with their over reliance on live action remakes for years now. The dalmatian film from the 90s seemed like a one off but it must've awakened something awful inside these execs. That Alice remake was pretty awful in my opinion and I can't imagine how on earth that made a billion dollars. And I can't begin with my distaste for Maleficent. And a little different territory but Into the Woods should have never been made by Disney, I don't know much on it, but all my friends who know the original play and were in theater said it basically shat all over on property. With Mary Poppins getting a sequel, it's like they didn't even watch Saving Mr Banks. The live action Aladdin movie is just plain disrespectful to Robin Williams. I have no words for the Pooh remake. Of all their live action atrocities that they have planned, their project based on Chernabog seems to be the only one with any potential to be good. You want people to watch the old films? Then just have them watch the old films. We don't need any sequel/remake ruining the original legacy of the film, if anything it's basically spitting in its face. It just sucks that Tomorrowland failed, but it's also ironic that it did, kids and the big wigs at Disney just don't have that same imagination anymore that made the company wholly special despite how much they want to make it seem so.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

No I've been annoyed with their over reliance on live action remakes for years now. The dalmatian film from the 90s seemed like a one off but it must've awakened something awful inside these execs. That Alice remake was pretty awful in my opinion and I can't imagine how on earth that made a billion dollars. And I can't begin with my distaste for Maleficent. And a little different territory but Into the Woods should have never been made by Disney, I don't know much on it, but all my friends who know the original play and were in theater said it basically shat all over on property. With Mary Poppins getting a sequel, it's like they didn't even watch Saving Mr Banks. The live action Aladdin movie is just plain disrespectful to Robin Williams. I have no words for the Pooh remake. Of all their live action atrocities that they have planned, their project based on Chernabog seems to be the only one with any potential to be good. You want people to watch the old films? Then just have them watch the old films. We don't need any sequel/remake ruining the original legacy of the film, if anything it's basically spitting in its face. It just sucks that Tomorrowland failed, but it's also ironic that it did, kids and the big wigs at Disney just don't have that same imagination anymore that made the company wholly special despite how much they want to make it seem so.

You know what, I agree with most of the things stated here. Disney Live Action is in dis-array. They cannot continue riding on the successful movies of Disney Animation. Lets just hope that they don't make live action PIXAR remakes either...

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

You know what, I agree with most of the things stated here. Disney Live Action is in dis-array. They cannot continue riding on the successful movies of Disney Animation. Lets just hope that they don't make live action PIXAR remakes either...

Well...they can start with Toy Story. It'd make a lot of sense to have that one as a live action film.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Please don't give them ideas haha. They'll hear you!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Well...they can start with Toy Story. It'd make a lot of sense to have that one as a live action film.

It'll have to go through the approval of John Lasseter and hopefully: he'd probably say no to the proposition :p

If anything, UP and Ratatouille deserve live action adaptations. They're the most open to interpretation and are very real life inspired.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

It'll have to go through the approval of John Lasseter and hopefully: he'd probably say no to the proposition :p

If anything, UP and Ratatouille deserve live action adaptations. They're the most open to interpretation and are very real life inspired.

I don't think Disney should touch PIXAR films with a 39 and a half foot pole. They're perfect as they are (except the past few years but they're back on track now thankfully)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I don't think Disney should touch PIXAR films with a 39 and a half foot pole. They're perfect as they are (except the past few years but they're back on track now thankfully)
Well...so were most of the Disney films they're bothering to re-make (B&tB, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, etc.). That's why they're profitable properties they can milk in the first place. :p

I thought I'd heard something about a live-action Toy Story before, but I might have imagined it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

[video=youtube;C4qgAaxB_pc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qgAaxB_pc[/video]

Full trailer out

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Full trailer out

Brings back many memories of the original. Even the original live action movie is still good. Can't wait to see the new one.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

God their jokes suck. I really dislike humour in films that aren't comedies, it just really doesn't work.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

A bit disappointed now to be honest. Based on the initial teaser I thought they were going full Kipling novel(or at least partially).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Full trailer out

seems pretty ridiculous tbh. trying to market it like an ensemble action origin movie, what are you doing disney what about tron

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Why are we still giving this movie undeserved attention. This looks plain awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back