• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

June 2012 GameInformer Nomura Interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
wait if we are not aloud to post domestic scans, why do all my posts of clear interview scans from the Ultimania keep getting erased?

You're pretty much baiting everyone by doing so. Those pages are nothing but walls of Japanese text that barely anyone can read, which leads to countless posts asking and whining for translations like you can just pluck them off a tree. You're creating conflict between members rather than letting the translators finish the work they've started (a week ago might I add) in peace without feeling all of the pressure you'd be piling on them otherwise.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just can't see the Wii U because it is so drastically different from the PS and XBOX. Adding the extra stuff that the Wii U offers and the dramatic change in programming would make it a pain to make
It has a touchscreen, that's pretty much the only difference. I would think by now they'd know what to do with a touch screen.

Venitas

oh! sorry! not my intent. i was just trying to provide the translators with possibly clearer scans. this makes perfect sense
*backs away and hides*

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
You definitely don't know how much the Vita can hold, then. xD The game cards start at 2GB and, for now, go up to 8GB in size and can go even higher. I'm sure it depends on the needs of the game developers and what Sony is willing to go up to at the current time. The Vita is a very flexible system to work with in terms of space, I'm sure.

...wow...the Vita is pretty much a handheld console...with a touchscreen (though Wii-U will be getting a touchscreen too...so I guess consoles with touch screens are the next big thing after motion controls). If they did it, that would be nice, but it wouldn't persuade me to get a Vita UNLESS there was something drastically different about the two copies (I hope there isn't if they made it).

It has a touchscreen, that's pretty much the only difference. I would think by now they'd know what to do with a touch screen.

KH doesn't seem to really benefit from a touchscreen, SE probably wants to save any touchscreen gaming for TWEWY or other original games. Honestly, I'm okay with that because TWEWY...so beautiful.

tumblr_m2ckleirFH1rnotfz.gif

Ikkin

Bronze Member
KH doesn't seem to really benefit from a touchscreen, SE probably wants to save any touchscreen gaming for TWEWY or other original games.

Touchscreens would make locking onto distant enemies a lot easier. And that's... about it. Though flinging around enemies Angry Birds style could be fun for a special attack? XD

kupo1121

Awards
Touchscreens would make locking onto distant enemies a lot easier.

Do you mean by tapping them in the distance and then locking onto them? If so, I'm not sure if that would help, because if there were a lot of enemies on the screen...that touchscreen could very well go haywire trying to understand what you are tapping.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Do you mean by tapping them in the distance and then locking onto them? If so, I'm not sure if that would help, because if there were a lot of enemies on the screen...that touchscreen could very well go haywire trying to understand what you are tapping.

It'd be an alternate method rather than the only method, of course, so it couldn't hurt. Besides, touch-screens are accurate enough that the only time it'd be hard for it to know which enemy you wanted is if they overlapped. Not to mention, there are only a few enemy types that would require that sort of thing anyway (ie. those annoying Mandrakes). =P

Rallade

Awards
Touchscreens would make locking onto distant enemies a lot easier. And that's... about it. Though flinging around enemies Angry Birds style could be fun for a special attack? XD

Well, I guess it wouldn't serve much purpose for KH except having a minimap on it, you wouldn't be able to put the commands since you really need to see them while playing, and I guess you could put the health bar. Or go all KH3D and use it for special attacks.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Well, I guess it wouldn't serve much purpose for KH except having a minimap on it, you wouldn't be able to put the commands since you really need to see them while playing, and I guess you could put the health bar. Or go all KH3D and use it for special attacks.

Well, it depends on whether we're talking about a main-screen touchscreen or a second-screen touchscreen. ;)

Anyway, even if you can't put the commands on the touchscreen, you probably could put some shortcuts there. It'd help make it easier to get to stuff that would otherwise require too many button presses away from the command menu.

kupo1121

Awards
It'd be an alternate method rather than the only method, of course, so it couldn't hurt. Besides, touch-screens are accurate enough that the only time it'd be hard for it to know which enemy you wanted is if they overlapped. Not to mention, there are only a few enemy types that would require that sort of thing anyway (ie. those annoying Mandrakes). =P

True, it would be more accurate, but when I typed up my last post, I was thinking about people with abnormally fat thumbs, who would have trouble focusing on one enemy lol...though I see where you came from, those Mandrakes...I just spammed jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back