• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

June 2012 GameInformer Nomura Interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think the idea would be to get it on to the systems with the biggest userbase and have them stay there for awhile.
In that case... please don't let this turn into a console war guys. We don't need another one of these. Xbox or PS3 or whatever, let it be.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
In that case... please don't let this turn into a console war guys. We don't need another one of these. Xbox or PS3 or whatever, let it be.

Agreed, besides as far as i'm concerned if you put it out on both consoles it will gain more fans. What's so wrong with that?

Venitas

If they put the HD remasters on ps3 and 360, kh3 will def be multi platform then, maybe for xbox, ps3, and wii U (i really hope not wii u)

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
The Trollbox, and there'll be a special edition for it too:

Trollbox - The laugh edition

That edition has (laughs) on the top of the console, written by Nomura himself.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
And why not the Wii U? Might as well grasp a wider audience.

I just can't see the Wii U because it is so drastically different from the PS and XBOX. Adding the extra stuff that the Wii U offers and the dramatic change in programming would make it a pain to make

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Wow it sounds like KH3 is about to finally take off. Hoping those HD remasters come to Vita and PS3 in one of those combo things. I just hope it comes out within the lifetime of the PS3.
Nomura's dislike for the Vita is somewhat disappointing. That's the system I plan on getting! Ah well, it'll be interesting to see what happens after KH3D comes out.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Thanks, but I actually doubt Nomura would gear the HD remaster mainly just towards casual fans, not to mention that if you don't go towards completing reports the games can be played through rather fast.
I included Re: CoM mainly because of self-interest I admit since we in Europe never got it, unlike the pampered US-fanbase.;P

I know Europe got shafted horribly with that whole KH Re:CoM thing and I'm truly sorry, but I think 4 games is pushing it a bit, even if 1 can be run through in a short amount of time. I think if they were going to release an HD collection, they'd have to consider FM content and then on top of that, probably trophy-support, plus making the game look better as it is. I think 4 games might be a bit much and considering the only FM's out right now are KH1, BbS, and KH2, I think it might not be a bad idea to release specifically those 3 games together (even if that means losing out on Re:CoM), that way people around the world can longer kupo about nobody getting the FM content...all of it would be right there.

If the HD collection is going to be multiplatform, I'd prefer they went the FFX route and made Vita the second platform.

I'm not trying to say that the Vita shouldn't get it, I just have general question since I don't know any specs of how much the Vita can hold, etc. Do you think the Vita could fit a game that big with lets say 3 games on it minimum and the whole cutscene stuff from the other games? Once again, I'm not trying to imply the Vita is weak or anything, this is just general curiosity right here.

On a side note, since Nomura feels it's time for KH to return to consoles... how many of you think it'd be a good idea for both KH3 and the Mystery Title/BBSv2 (if it gets uncancelled) to be on consoles? BBS was originally suppose to be a PS2 game, so I don't think there's an issue with non-numbered titles not being on a handheld. I'd rather like this, because we've only actually had 3 console games, and I'd like to see more than just KH3.

Considering Nomura said BbSv2 was scrapped for now, I'm assuming that if he does include BbSv2 somewhere, it might be incorporated in KH3 somehow (between tutorials or cutscenes or something, if anything). However, I don't think he should make another KH game on consoles until KH3, people would be squealing their brains out if KH went back to consoles because I have a feeling a lot of the casual fanbase thinks handheld = side game and console = main game, so everyone would misinterpret it as KH3 even if it wasn't.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get people talking about it, just posted it, but I realized after I got back onto the thread that I shouldn't have mentioned the 360 -__-

And why not the Wii U? Might as well grasp a wider audience.

Out of curiosity, this has probably been proposed before, but if they were going to make a Wii-U game, I'd rather them do TWEWY 2 than a KH game because the Wii-U I view as a like a big DS home console.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not trying to say that the Vita shouldn't get it, I just have general question since I don't know any specs of how much the Vita can hold, etc. Do you think the Vita could fit a game that big with lets say 3 games on it minimum and the whole cutscene stuff from the other games? Once again, I'm not trying to imply the Vita is weak or anything, this is just general curiosity right here.

You definitely don't know how much the Vita can hold, then. xD The game cards start at 2GB and, for now, go up to 8GB in size and can go even higher. I'm sure it depends on the needs of the game developers and what Sony is willing to go up to at the current time. The Vita is a very flexible system to work with in terms of space, I'm sure.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
My GameInformer came in today, I could post a picture of the article if anyone cares. Although most people here get GameInformer anyways.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
You definitely don't know how much the Vita can hold, then. xD The game cards start at 2GB and, for now, go up to 8GB in size and can go even higher. I'm sure it depends on the needs of the game developers and what Sony is willing to go up to at the current time. The Vita is a very flexible system to work with in terms of space, I'm sure.

Yeah, Vita got the MGS collection, which has both MGS2 and MGS3 included. There's no reason they couldn't get a KH collection... especially since Squenix probably wouldn't actually make a KH+KH2+BbS collection anyway. They seem to have gotten past the "must have multiple games on the cart" rule for FFX, which means they'd probably sell the games separately knowing they'd get more overall sales that way. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back