• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

June 2012 GameInformer Nomura Interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Bundle pack: KH1FM HD, KH2FM HD, BbSFM HD, Re:CoM HD, Re:358/2 Days HD, and finally Re:Re:coded HD. lol.

In all seriousness, I think a bundle of all the PS games would work well (BbS/KH1/CoM/KH2). Six titles is too much and I don't think Days or coded are that necessary.
Buuuuut, at the same time, didn't Nomura just recently say he wanted to have Days with analog control? That seems to be a hint...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
How funny would it be if the 'mystery game' people are clamoring about ends up being a title for IOS? xD

I'd honestly be really upset -__- Don't get me wrong, I have an Iphone 4 so it should be able to play it, BUT I don't like Iphone games. They tend to have less depth than actual games which is completely understandable since I'm comparing a small phone to a huge console. I just want a game with a lot of depth, I don't really play games on my Iphone.

Hopefully though Nomura will find some way to incoporate all this information into an HD Collection so everyone is caught up.
tbh i never played KHCOM but i still managed to understand the story of KH2 because most thing that happened in that game were explained in KH2's intro.

CoM = 1 game
Days/BbS/Re:Coded/DDD = 4 games

However, I do think Nomura will find some way to incorporate most of the information into an HD collection. I doubt they'll put all 4 games plus HD remasters of KH1 and 2 + CoM into one game since that would be way too much for them to remaster KH1/2/Re:CoM and port all the other games to the respective console that they choose. I think they'll probably cut out some games and I think the collection might only include BbS/KH1/KH2/maybe DDD (however I think the rest will just be summed up)

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I don't know why some of you are worrying how the graphic's of kh3 will look,that's probably the one thing they'll get right.

It'll probably have the same style of all th previous Kh games but vastly improved,i can already imagine how it'll look.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
i wouldn't mind kh mobile getting localized to
ios/android.

and again it looka like kh3 will be next

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Well there are hints towards KH3 and an HD collection. The best case scenario? We get an HD collection next year and the following year we go to KH3 stuff. Like announcements, news etc.

Then again you never know. Situations change all the time so it's better not judge without waiting for actual confirmation.

In any case i won't hide that once i read Mr. N comment that it's time for KH to return to the consoles, the child inside me started smiling. xD

Zaraki_Kenpachi

Like someone has said before, we could get something like:
2012 - announcement of HD Remake containing KH1FM, KH2 FM - since FM originally had CoM with it, it could also come as a bonus; if it's not a bonus then BBS would come out on a second HD Remaster - KHBBSFM.
2013 - Launch of the above; announcement on KH3 @ E3; November/December - Announcement of KHDays and ReCoded - and if BBSFM wasn't launched in the 1st HD Remaster, then it would be launched now.
2014 - KH3 is launched during summer/Christmas time.

This would be the best plan of action, but the current problem is: Versus XIII. The damn thing will be epic, but it's taking too damn long to be released. Just like Last Guardian. The game has been announced for years and still nothing new.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
GameInformer: In recent interviews you hinted that Dream Drop Distance is the last game before Kingdom Hearts III. Do you see it this way? Nomura: I'm not able to disclose any information on what's coming next or any other future plans, but you may be able to find a hint if you play through Dream Drop Distance to the very end.
Oh for fuck sake Nomura -_-

First of all, this series is not intended to be child-focused,
Can I plz have an M rating then?

snow_flake40

Awards
The HD collection is practically in my grasp... If one is in the works, I can see it coming with KH, KHII, BBS and either CoM or DDD. Oh, and new cutscenes to tell the stories of Days and coded. I mean, it seems like Nomura thinks one of the biggest advantages of a HD collection would be giving folks a handy recap of the series. The games I think most people missed out on are Days and coded, due to people labeling them as purely side stories. They need to be included in some form or fashion because their stories are/will be important.

Also a KH game on iOS would make me weep tears of blood. Then make me steal my dad's many Apple products while I inwardly despise myself.

Rallade

Awards
Mr. N seems to be listening to us, saying that he's "interested" in home consoles and "interested" in an HD remake/remaster, but as usual, he's being a troll about it...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Can I plz have an M rating then?

You don't need an M rating to avoid being child-focused when you can have immolation and characters losing eyes and stay E-10. ;)

(I seriously don't understand what could be gained from an M rating for this series -_- )

On a different note... please don't let there be an iPad game. Touchscreen gaming is incredibly overrated, and the last thing this series needs is another Coded. =/

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
GameInformer: Would you ever want to see a high-definition collections of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II similar to the upcoming Final Fantasy X HD remaster?
Nomura: I do have an interest in HD versions, and I'm currently researching them. If it is possible, I would like to do something about the series being spread over so many different consoles, too. I am thinking a lot about the future.

I am so happy to hear this. I do want those HD versions. I am also just a little tired of having to get new systems.

GameInformer: Square Enix has released several iPhone and iPad games both of new franchises and classics. Are you interested in creating Kingdom Hearts game or other titles for IOS?
Nomura: There is something I am working on, but I'm afraid I can't reveal the specifics. I feel that there needs to be progress made on the tablet devices and there should be more games for that platform. I'm not sure which title this would come to pass, but I am researching about IOS as one of the platform options.

I am not so happy to hear this. It would be kind of difficult for me to get something like that.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You don't need an M rating to avoid being child-focused when you can have immolation and characters losing eyes and stay E-10. ;)

(I seriously don't understand what could be gained from an M rating for this series -_- )

On a different note... please don't let there be an iPad game. Touchscreen gaming is incredibly overrated, and the last thing this series needs is another Coded. =/

I must agree, games for the iPad/iPod are pretty boring , and I just can't imagine them making an actual KH game for it. Maybe like spin-off using the avatar figures or something? I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back