• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jump Festa Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Trailer Breakdown

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enchanted

YAY!! I have it finally done!

Yep, another Trailer analysis. This one is for the Jump Festa Trailer. So TGS scenes are included.

Radiant Garden –The Great Maw

A conversation scene between Terra and Ven is presented.
Terra is sitting on a rock, Ven is standing.

Terra: Sometime ago you rescued me, right?
Ven: Rescued? It was the natural thing to do, because we're friends.
Terra: Right

Saying as much, Ven begins to laugh. Terra jumps down from a rock, and places a hand upon Ven's shoulder.

Terra: Thanks, Ven

I find this scene really interesting. Why? Because one, Ven rescued Terra and two, Terra says it happened sometime ago?

Well Ven rescued Terra is quite awkward, because Terra seems the strongest and most likely the one to save Ven, not the other way around. But the real question here is from what? MX, Maleficent, the unfathomable Winnie the Pooh?

Well the most plausible answer is from his own darkness. Why? Because, Terra was supposed to be on the Dark Side, right? So Ven saved him from being consumed by his own darkness.

The other thing I would like to touch upon is that he said sometime ago, so would he mean, days, months, years? Well another thing to theorize about.

The Gathering Place

Terra confronts Master Xehanort at the wasteland.

Xehanort: I believed you'd find your way by now――
Xehanort: Cross the wall between the light and darkness, to me
Xehanort: I'm tired of waiting for you, Terra

Master Xehanort offers out his hand. Oppositely, Terra makes a grim face.

Terra: …I have a "friend"
Terra: Answer me, Xehanort. What have you done to his heart?!

Terra summons a keyblade into his right hand.

Ah, a famous scene indeed. This one will take a little while, so sit your hinnies down on you chair or other sitting object.

To start this we will first take about the first sentence…

Xehanort: I believed you'd find your way by now――

By finding your way, I think MX means, chose between MX (darkness) or Aqua and Ven (light). Otherwise, it's MX and Ven that are the choices. The only other thing I can say about this line is that using it in a theory would be useless due to the lack of specifics on it.

The next line…

Xehanort: Cross the wall between the light and darkness, to me
Xehanort: I'm tired of waiting for you, Terra

Pretty obvious what the first one means, basic breakdown, leave the light and join me. Here’s the wall between the Light and darkness…

L | D

The Second is MX wants Terra to pick NOW, no waiting or rain checks.

Terra: …I have a "friend"
Terra: Answer me, Xehanort. What have you done to his heart?!

Terra is ignoring the old, crabby MX and questioning him on his friend. His “friend” appears to have had a tampering with his heart. Now please….

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING
Terra’s friend is the biggest point in this quote. The question is…who his friend is.
Is it Ven, DS, Pooh?

Well it Ven is the likely choice, since he has a big plot point in the game, but as much as Ven is the answer so is DS. Why again? Because DS could be Terra’s friend, he is connected to MX and is his apprentice, so why not have him be the one with the tampered heart, not Roxas’ twin sister, Ven.

An encounter between Xehanort and Ven at Olympus Coliseum.

Xehanort: Long time no see.
Ven: Who are you?  As for having met you…
Xehanort: Seems that you're losing it.
Xehanort: However, you haven't lost it permanently. In order to obtain it, give up.
Xehanort: Now recover everything, and discover the truth!

The old man releases magic from his hands, Ven's expression becomes confused and fearful.

Ah the long time-perplexing conversation, Ven and MX.

Well, it is obvious at the first two lines, that MX has met Ven before, but where and when. If he is Terra’s mysterious friend, then it adds up to why MX has met him before.

Xehanort: Seems that you're losing it.
Xehanort: However, you haven't lost it permanently. In order to obtain it, give up.
Xehanort: Now recover everything, and discover the truth!

Losing it… well what is Ven losing, his virginity, his manhood, his boyfriend, WHAT!!! I’ll tell you what it’s his MEMORY, but the real question is what is wrong with it.

Well it is possible, that he is slipping into darkness and losing it, but that isn’t the case. Their previous encounter is what caused it. Whatever happened there caused him to lose his memory. Now MX is apparently taking advantage of it and essentially, convincing Ven that to recover his memory, he must give in to something or someone…

Most likely it is MX, but I say both. Not able to get Terra right off the bat, he wanted to have Ven join the darkness (so he could recover his memories), so that Terra would be convinced by his best friend to join MX and the darkness.

The ball of energy he summons at the end may be for “persuasion” or reinforcement. I smell MX boss battle, but it seems more Unbirthish, who knows…except Nomura of course.

Yen Sid's Tower

Thunder is being cast at Mickey, he avoids it twice, but then loses his balance and takes a direct hit.

Goofy covers his eyes and Donald looks worried.

Mickey summons the Starseeker again.

Yen Sid appears satisfied.

Mickey is getting trained, great isn’t it?

Well something to talk about, his Keyblade. Several people tend to think it is the Inverted KK, but it is not. It is the actual Star Seeker Keyblade, given to him by Yen Sid.

He apparently sucks and is moving up, so he probably finishes his training at the end of the game, that’s why he appears at Sunset Horizons at the end of the Birth by Sleep video.

Enchanted Kingdom

Maleficent stares in the direction of the thorn covered castle at the forest from Sleeping Beauty, her crow sitting upon her shoulder.

Terra is standing behind Maleficent .

Their eyes meet, and Terra laughs strangely.

Well there isn’t much to elaborate on this, besides why Terra is connected to Maleficent, maybe it was leverage used on Terra to make him work for her… temporarily.

This leverage is probably MX’s current location or another part of his plan, this is the speculation point.

Castle of Dreams
Ven looks amazed at the size of the door.

Cinderella is there too.

The least to elaborate on, since Ven is only staring at the door and Cinderella is only walking up the stairs. But this appears to be after the Minnie Ven event.

Destiny Islands

Terra stares at the shore as the sun sets.

Terra stares onward at two boys sword fighting near a grove of trees. (Perhaps it is Sora and Riku)

(Only Terra and the two boys are around.)

Terra obviously is watching Sora and Riku. Well the question here is WHY? Why would he be at Destiny Islands? I guess this could be near the end of the game, Terra watching the two, comparing them.

Maybe this is the part where chooses which one who wields the Keyblade. Maybe Riku bests Sora in their play sword fight and Terra picks him or some other thing makes Terra pick Riku.

The Gathering Place
Afterwards, the scene changes again to the wasteland.

Ven and the character wearing a black helmet and armor (The person who appeared in the secret of KH2FM +) are there.

The mysterious character throws back Ven.

When Ven lifts his face, the suited man approaches.

Ah, the Ven/DS battle. Well we all know that this will probably be a kick ass battle and someone will make yaoi of the two, because of it but enough that.

Anyway, DS is probably there to kick Ven’s ass, so Terra would unleash is ultimate darkness and become MX’s slave or possibly host.

The Gathering Place
The scene pans around the wasteland.

Xehanort (Voice only): Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the keyblade.

Now the old man's face changes completely into an expression of yearning.

Xehanort faces Terra, who carries the collapsed Ven in his arms.

Xehanort: Already, that man is a monster infused with darkness.
Xehanort: Defeat the darkness and correct my mistake!
Terra: I don't care about being master. This power, I use for my friends!!

More quotes. D=

Xehanort (Voice only): Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the keyblade.

This is a very debatable quote, because the various perspectives. On one hand he could be talking about DS or it could be Terra.

Majority of you would say DS, but I say Terra; it makes an awesome climatic build up, a guy who has to battle his best friend in order to save him. DS is probably an Unbirth, but I highly doubt it. He seems mysterious and quiet for his own purposes and is probably aiding MX for power.

Well we know Terra is supposed to be influenced by darkness, but he is using it to protect his friends, who think he has turned over to the dark side. Ven might think Terra is power hungry and wants to gain power for himself.

DS is an equally wise choice, as he could’ve been Ven’s friend and killing him, might be a rising conflict, as he just can’t do it. But Terra seems like a the most likely choice, as they are friends and Terra is using the darkness.

Xehanort: Already, that man is a monster infused with darkness.

Who is he talking about? Well DS of course. MX obviously wants Terra to kill DS, so he can become MX’s new bitch. But he could be talking to the semi-conscious Ven too. Telling him that Terra is using darkness.

Xehanort: Defeat the darkness and correct my mistake!

Here MX might be trying to convince Ven to unleash his darkness and defeat Terra, seeing as MX can’t convert Terra to his side. The mistake part might be a lie, saying he created Terra or placed the darkness within him, though it could be true.

Terra: I don't care about being master. This power, I use for my friends!!

This adds more to the MX talking to Ven theory as Terra seems to be trying to prove MX wrong, saying he is using his power to protect Aqua and Ven, not harm them. He probably is tying to convince Ven, that he is good and not evil.

This scene is probably after the Maleficent scene where she is explaining to Ven, Terra’s “switch”.

Destiny Islands

Ven stares at the shore as the sun sets.

He is looking downward with a despondent expression.

We're "friends"; therefore I wanted to ask something. Erase me.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hate this quote, I hate, hate it, hate it!! It is so perplexing and hard to decipher which perspective is being used, but I’ll try to explain it neutrally.

Okay well Ven is telling Aqua to erase him, we know that. Erase what is the highly debated question.

Is it his memory, his heart, his soul, his gayness? Well let’s do the process of elimination to try and reach a plausible answer.

Well erasing means to get rid of or remove something, commonly that something is information. So that rules out the heart and soul, so he must have had his memory erased. Or Aqua may have put his memory into Sora, making physically dead, but spiritually alive. How Roxas looks like him is still oblivious to me.

——————————————————

Anyway the same rules apply…

Review, post comments and what not, any flaws you see point them out nicely and I shall edit.

Remember don’t flame unless you are…

A) Make a HUGE point
or
B) Need to, no matter what.

Have fun peoples.

~The Enchanted

Last edited:

Ren

adios motherfucker
I think this has to be the most enjoyable thread I've read in ages. I'm really impressed :3
The thing that made me think is that you pointed out that there could be a possible relationship between DS and Terra. That's certainly a twist I can see.

One thing I didn't quite understand. Are you saying that MX is confronting both DS and Terra about using the darkness?

The Enchanted

Fast Readers.

Yttrxium they didn't do this I did the SE Party trailer too, link is on my sig.

I think this has to be the most enjoyable thread I've read in ages. I'm really impressed :3
The thing that made me think is that you pointed out that there could be a possible relationship between DS and Terra. That's certainly a twist I can see.

One thing I didn't quite understand. Are you saying that MX is confronting both DS and Terra about using the darkness?

Thanks, it took so long to work on it.

And no I am not, I am saying MX is using DS to lure Terra's powers out, by having him attack Ven. So DS is a big pawn.

Thanks Snow Candy.

~The Enchanted

Cissy

Bronze Member
not Roxas’ twin sister, Ven.
someone will make yaoi of the two
so he can become MX’s new bitch.
Losing it… well what is Ven losing, his virginity, his manhood, his boyfriend
Is it sad that these were my favorite lines in this whole theory?

Ren

adios motherfucker
Thanks, it took so long to work on it.

And no I am not, I am saying MX is using DS to lure Terra's powers out, by having him attack Ven. So DS is a big pawn.

Got it. That was a kind of a double take moment for me. >.O

Is it sad that these were my favorite lines in this whole theory?

No. No, it can't be sad.
They were my favorite, too. D:

Awards
Well it Ven is the likely choice, since he has a big plot point in the game, but as much as Ven is the answer so is DS. Why again? Because DS could be Terra’s friend, he is connected to MX and is his apprentice, so why not have him be the one with the tampered heart, not Roxas’ twin sister, Ven

Very refreshing interpretation.

By the way,

"Xehanort (Voice only): Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the keyblade."

is wrong. It actually belongs with the next set of MX dialogue, when he was talking (it was never voice only).

The Enchanted

First thanks for the rep, Ren. Loved it.

Oh, my mistake then, and by now I am surprised that you haven't hit site staff status.

It's ok and it amazes me too, that I've done all that. It wouldn't surprise me though if I did reach site staff, but waiting is eaiser, besides I am a huge procrasinator, I'll let R-K, Bittermeats, and Monkeybutt do their job and what not.

Anyway it's a pleasure making these.

By the way do any of you think I sould do one on Coded, because I am going to start on the Days trailers next..

EDIT: Thanks Cissy for the Rep, you rock! :)

~The Enchanted

Last edited:

The Enchanted

Grace Assasin I fixed it. I placed it in the second MX/Terra conversation. It fit perfectly since it didn't relate to the Ven/DS battle.

~The Enchanted

A

Audo

Very refreshing interpretation.

By the way,

"Xehanort (Voice only): Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the keyblade."

is wrong. It actually belongs with the next set of MX dialogue, when he was talking (it was never voice only).
Actually, it's right. When he says that line, it is only his voice and then the camera pans over and he says the next line.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2IgDxprn8bk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2IgDxprn8bk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

See? :3

We didn't do the analyzing. I translated the summary of the trailer, Enchanted analyzed it, that's all. :D
And I just whored them out in my threads :3

Awards
That translation is a misconception, when translating to English things come out differently, because their are several translations saying demon not monster infused with darkness. See:

Xehanort: "The person who has wrapped himself in the darkness does not have the qualification to wield a keyblade. He is a demon who has been taken by the darkness. Please correct my mistake..."

Awards
Actually, it's right. When he says that line, it is only his voice and then the camera pans over and he says the next line.

When I saw "voice only" I initially thought that this was another translation that I read a while ago. It claimed that MX said that when DS was walking over to Ven, but there is no voice.

It's still technically wrong, actually. "Voice only" implies that MX is not in the scene, when he is, in fact, only off camera. At the very least, the phrasing is misleading.

A

Audo

That translation is a misconception, when translating to English things come out differently, because their are several translations saying demon not monster infused with darkness. See:

Xehanort: "The person who has wrapped himself in the darkness does not have the qualification to wield a keyblade. He is a demon who has been taken by the darkness. Please correct my mistake..."
That translation is missing the line "Defeat the Darkness" =/

I don't trust your translations, rawr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back