• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jump Festa Expectations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Yuk

December arrived, and this year too, precisely 20-21 December, there will be the Jump Festa.

The line-up of SE has already been announced, and apparently no Kingdom Hearts title is going to be showed. But We also know that "sometimes" Square likes to take a few tricks up its sleeve, and this year there may be this possibility too.
Said this, and after all the interviews of the launch events, what are your personal expections?

The possibilities are:

- Kingdom Hearts 3

- Dream Drop Distance HD port

- 1.5 and 2.5 release on One / Ps4

- X [chi] future release in North America / Europe

While I'm still dreaming to see the raw footages of KH3 shown at the 2.5 launch event, I think that can be a possibility for the HD version of DDD ( the new X cards that show models from 3D are definitely a clue) and the release of the ReMixes on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. I hope to see X released internationally, but I don't think that it will happen so soon.

What are your expectations?

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Definitely pulling for that Ultimania collection on PS4 with 1.5, 2.5, and HD DDD with some x chi integration. This collection has been progressively been more and more teased lately, and this would be a great place to shock fans since they've already shown the "full lineup".

As for 3, I'm not gettin my hopes too high. I like anyone else just want more and more KH3 news as soon as possible. But it seems highly likely we won't be getting some till 2015, though I hope I am wrong =p.

Shadow Yuk

Definitely pulling for that Ultimania collection on PS4 with 1.5, 2.5, and HD DDD with some x chi integration. This collection has been progressively been more and more teased lately, and this would be a great place to shock fans since they've already shown the "full lineup".

As for 3, I'm not gettin my hopes too high. I like anyone else just want more and more KH3 news as soon as possible. But it seems highly likely we won't be getting some till 2015, though I hope I am wrong =p.

The Ultimania collection would be simply awesome!
The release of 3D HD is complicated in My opinion, and i doubt that Nintendo is going to leave a 3DS exsclusive to be ported on other consoles so easily

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The most I'm expecting is something about DDD HD and possibly something about X[chi] attached to it.

The HD Remixes have just been released for PS3 so I doubt they'll announce the PS4 port this early nor do I suspect anything substantial for KH 3.

Maybe, and that I'll say with a big question mark, they will finally reveal Sora's new outfit for III or show off a snippet of raw footage/some new concept art.

Shadow Yuk

The most I'm expecting is something about DDD HD and possibly something about X[chi] attached to it.

The HD Remixes have just been released for PS3 so I doubt they'll announce the PS4 port this early nor do I suspect anything substantial for KH 3.

Maybe, and that I'll say with a big question mark, they will finally reveal Sora's new outfit for III or show off a snippet of raw footage/some new concept art.

You are right about ReMixes, DDD is the most possible as you said.

Well, for the last idea about Kingdom Hearts 3, the reveal of Sora's outfit, the question mark is huge :D

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I think they'd rather let us bask in the 2.5 release for at least the rest of the month before announcing a 1.5+2.5 port. I'm not getting my hopes up for KH at Jump Festa.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My sort of "farfetched" expectation in terms of Kingdom Hearts in Jump Festa is this:

A white PlayStation 4 console with the Kingdom Hearts logo engraved in the center that comes with ReMixes 1.5 & 2.5, Dream. Drop. Distance. HD and a sort of visual novel rendition of Chi alongside faceplates for the PS4 themed around every title included in the ReMixes plus the original cover art made for the ReMix boxes.

The line-up of SE has already been announced, and apparently no Kingdom Hearts title is going to be showed. But We also know that "sometimes" Square likes to take a few tricks up its sleeve, and this year there may be this possibility too.
It's possible. It wouldn't be the first time, as others have stated.

While I'm still dreaming to see the raw footages of KH3 shown at the 2.5 launch event,
That makes two of us. But I'm sure they may release it like it was, or polished.

I hope to see X released internationally, but I don't think that it will happen so soon.
They may have to do something, seeing as how the plot elements introduced in Chi and going to be used to settle the thematic for KHIII. I propose a visual novel rendition of the game, like I mentioned, but they could sort of also make a small movie, or even translate the game.

I concur with your notion. But seeing as how they didn't show his new outfit in the raw footage, it's possible that's something they want to reserve for whatever reasons, be it for keeping it a secret for plot's sake, or because they're indecisive whether or not they want to change it.

By the way, does anyone wonder if it's possible they already have an intro song for the game? If so, will it be interpreted by Utada? Will it be something besides Hikari/Passion?

First, I think they might try to release ReMixes 1.5 & 2.5 packed together for the PS3 THEN, a couple of months later, make an announcement as to them releasing the ReMixes for the PS4 (and if possibly, the XBone).

Sdog

Awards
First, I think they might try to release ReMixes 1.5 & 2.5 packed together for the PS3 THEN, a couple of months later, make an announcement as to them releasing the ReMixes for the PS4 (and if possibly, the XBone).

They already have them packaged together in the 2.5 collectors. Realistically I don't see the 1.5 + 2.5 collection being announced for PS4 and possibly Xbone till at least the spring either but a guy can dream =p.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
They may have to do something, seeing as how the plot elements introduced in Chi and going to be used to settle the thematic for KHIII. I propose a visual novel rendition of the game, like I mentioned, but they could sort of also make a small movie, or even translate the game.

I really like the idea of a Chi visual novel. It would be unfortunate that it's the only game in the series that we westerners don't get to actually play, but I'd get over that.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
They already have them packaged together in the 2.5 collectors. Realistically I don't see the 1.5 + 2.5 collection being announced for PS4 and possibly Xbone till at least the spring either but a guy can dream =p.
Oh, right, right. Yeah, I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that, lol. Thanks or the reminder. But yeah, I think some time will pass until they decide to port the games to the PS4. But in the mean time, what if they release DLC for the ReMixes? I mean, it could be a superboss battle accompanied with a cutscene hinting to whatever will come to happen in KH3? What if we got to fight Young Eraqus?

I really like the idea of a Chi visual novel. It would be unfortunate that it's the only game in the series that we westerners don't get to actually play, but I'd get over that.
It would kinda be interesting, seeing as how the Book of Prophecies might have the events of Chi recorded in it and revisiting Chi as a visual novel would be interesting.

Shadow Yuk

The visual novel would be absolutely a nice idea! A DDD HD + Chi cutscenes would be the perfect starter for the people that want to enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3 completely ! :)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The visual novel would be absolutely a nice idea! A DDD HD + Chi cutscenes would be the perfect starter for the people that want to enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3 completely ! :)

But how would Chi cutscenes work? Would they use the same cartoony artwork, or would they use 3D models?

Shadow Yuk

But how would Chi cutscenes work? Would they use the same cartoony artwork, or would they use 3D models?
I think they would use the same cartoonish style of the original game. 3D models would require more work, but they would be nice too see.
I'm not 100% convinced! I still hope to play it one day :)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think they would use the same cartoonish style of the original game.
It would be cool to see them take this approach with Chi, to be completely honest. It would remind me of the Paper Mario games, lol

3D models would require more work, but they would be nice too see.
My thoughts exactly. This has to be short, effective and profitable for them, seeing as how the only focus for a Chi movie would be to illustrate the foundation that is being used to end the Xehanort Saga: the Foretellers, the Book of Prophecies and their Keyblade War.

I still hope to play it one day :)
The game looks fun and I would honestly like to give it a try. By the way, is Chi free, or do you have to pay a subscription? I presume there are microtransactions in the game, though. xD

Shadow Yuk

The game looks fun and I would honestly like to give it a try. By the way, is Chi free, or do you have to pay a subscription? I presume there are microtransactions in the game, though. xD

It's free to play, but unfortunately has microtransactions ! :|
For what I know they don't ruin the game ( it's not a pay to win)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's free to play, but unfortunately has microtransactions ! :|
For what I know they don't ruin the game ( it's not a pay to win)

*phew* What a relief. Hopefully it isn't like other type of browser-based games where, in order to progress without grinding a hell of a lot of time, you would rather pay for ridiculous upgrades.

Shadow Yuk

*phew* What a relief. Hopefully it isn't like other type of browser-based games where, in order to progress without grinding a hell of a lot of time, you would rather pay for ridiculous upgrades.

Yup! You only have as a "restriction" an AP bar (Action Points) that is useful to perform actions: if I remember well, You start with 50 AP, and to fight an Heartless you need 3 AP, while to open a chest you need 4. Is a mechanic common between mobile and browser games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back