• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Jumanji - Remake in works for 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Wasn't sure what else to do, so I just decided to make a new thread on it since there isn't one already.

That 'Jumanji' Remake Officially Has A Release Date

So yeah, this is disgusting.

I still remember when I first watched Jumanji as a kid, it was on tv and I remember wishing I could get it on VHS (it was a few years old at the time) and lo and behold, me and my mom go shopping the next day and it's staring at me right in the face as soon as we walked into the store. Such a poignant moment in my childhood <3

Anagram

Banned
No Robin Williams to save me from the board game from hell, no interest. I won't let my childhood be raped.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;6RQYbLeyeAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQYbLeyeAU[/video]

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
All I can say is..
thatstinks.gif

(yeah that's Labyrinth, but still.) Also:
nope-48959.gif

I'll prolly keep the original on DVD. I think we have the VHS, but i think that's replaceable..

Last edited:

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Nope nope nope

Where the hell is the creativity? I'm tired of remakes.

Remakes are supposedly "safer" to make, since they are familiar, but still without the stigma sequels often still cary to the average (read: "uneducated") movie goer. When you could very easily argue that nowadays sequels have nowhere near the problems they used to have.

Basically remakes are the new sequels in that regard. People eat them up because they're expecting something as good as the original.

I'll probably end up seeing this at some point, but not in a movie theatre. (that's actually saying a lot for me, as I average 2 visits a month on a yearly basis)

The absolute worst thing about this is that a remake is completely unnecessary. The nature of both the game and the plot allows for a sequel where none of the original characters, actors or even settings are necessary. You only need the game and some shmucks to play it.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
To be honest, while Robin Williams was still alive. I was actually hoping more for a sequel...never happened.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Wasn't Zathura kind of a sequel? I can't remember much of that film but I think it wasn't half bad.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Too soon. It will always be too soon for this.

I'm going to have to be that guy that doesn't give this a chance and just sticks to the original. I think I will be a much happier person that way.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
My initial reaction to this is similar to how DMC series fans responded to the announcement of the DmC reboot. Generally speaking, not good. Though in all honesty this could go either way, but the initial response itself was sour without Robin Williams, the man that broke all boundaries in (honestly most of) our childhoods and those same people are going in not wanting it to be ruined.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This actually pisses me off. I don't know I missed the post when it was first made.

What's next, Mrs. Doubtfire?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd rather have a sequel of Jumanji other than ruining childhoods with pointless remakes.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I agree with that.
And even though I usually just check if the remake isn't too bad, this time around...I just don't see ANY need for it? Like...what's the purpose? Ohh, money.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I agree with that.
And even though I usually just check if the remake isn't too bad, this time around...I just don't see ANY need for it? Like...what's the purpose? Ohh, money.

capitalizing on celebrity deaths is part of our culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back