• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

JPGames: Melody of Memory is a Kingdom Hearts game first, a music game second

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Added a disclaimer. Including Disney songs that weren't already in KH makes no sense to me since they've already had to exclude so many original songs as is, but if that's what JPGames is saying...

I'll have to locate the source, but I thought they were specifically cutting more of KH's Disney arrangements in favor of prioritizing KH's original material. So, including Disney songs that aren't even featured in the series at all seems contradictory.

*gears up by listening to Another Side for the ?th time*

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It may have been a miscommunication since JPGames had to conduct this interview by translating German > English > Japanese and back. Something could have gotten lost in the process, so we've reached out to them to verify.
Yeah that seems like a real roundabout way to interview, it'd be pretty easy for miscommunications to occur. I'm a bit surprised that a site called JPGames wouldn't have someone on staff capable of speaking Japanese.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah that seems like a real roundabout way to interview, it'd be pretty easy for miscommunications to occur. I'm a bit surprised that a site called JPGames wouldn't have someone on staff capable of speaking Japanese.

They have a relatively small staff in comparison to many sites out there. SE brings their own translator as a way to better control the message.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If there really is Disney songs not previously used in KH included, then it's strange for that to have not been revealed in the trailers or mentioned elsewhere before.

Although many are ecstatic that the Kingdom Hearts series is finally getting a rhythm game, others are not quite as pleased about the inclusion of important story elements. As it turns out, this decision was made by Director Tetsuya Nomura, who felt that Melody of Memory is a Kingdom Hearts title first and a music game second. Kingdom Hearts games always have a story to tell, and Melody of Memory is no different.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm not surprised at this in the slightest. lol

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
My main guesses for songs that haven't appeared in KH are "A Whole New World," "Kiss the Girl," "Circle of Life," and maybe something from The Nightmare Before Christmas (like "What's This?") and "Be Our Guest." I'd love "Zero to Hero," too, but that's less likely.

"Beauty and the Beast," "This Is Halloween," "Under the Sea," "Part of Your World," and "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" have technically already been in KH, even though UtS and PoYW are the only ones that were actually sung and not just an instrumental (and of course the Frozen songs in 3).

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
Personally hoping for some more lion king songs. (circle of life, hakuna matata, can you feel the love tonight)

sephydark

Awards
Count me among the ones who are skeptical about them having Disney songs that haven't been part of KH before; if they did I'd expect them to promote that fact to get Disney fans who aren't necessarily interested in KH interested. Instead they've only shown "Let it Go" and "Under the Sea", both of which already have KH versions they could be using instead.

That said, if it turns out to be true I'd really love to hear "Hellfire" and "Something There".

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Alright y'all. We still haven't heard back from JPGames but more interviews have surfaced contradicting them so I think we can officially confirm it was a miscommunication. The dream is dead.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Alright y'all. We still haven't heard back from JPGames but more interviews have surfaced contradicting them so I think we can officially confirm it was a miscommunication. The dream is dead.
Aw, that's a real shame would have been a great opportunity to incorporate some of the more musical aspects of those worlds.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes, I agree :(

At this point Disney should just pay SE to do a rhythm game for their original works. It's a no brainer, they'd make bank.

I want it now. Disney is really missing out on money tbh. It’d be a better game the games Bandai Namco puts out for Disney every now and then (even though Disney Magical World was absolutely cute up until it got really grindy and tedious like a mobile game).

I can easily see Disney fans worldwide buying it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So there won't be any original Disney songs? I mean besides things like "Let it Go?" Bummer. I had high hopes because Disney have such amazing soundtracks, and what KH fan wouldn't wanna play their fave characters killing Heartless to such classical songs? I'm sad :(

LBJENmariposa

If Disney songs, I REALLY HOPE THERE'S FIRST FLIGHT FROM BIG HERO 6 AND KINGDOM DANCE FROM TANGLED

Also, I think the Face My Fears level is going to be really hard...

:O WHAT IF THEY HAVE TWEWY SONGS?!

... ngl Twister and Three Minutes Clapping would be hard

Back