• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

JP advertisement shows off details of upcoming story update

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, the connection between "this character" and "that character" is between Maleficent and Xehanort? I totally didn't guess that. I thought it was going to be Lauriam and Ventus. Now I'm even more excited!

I'm wondering if they are saving the Ven-Lauriam thing for KH3--meaning that they will make it a bigger plot point that is both meant to create a new mystery for us and also direct players to UX and the new UX novel post-KH3?

My thoughts exactly. I think Glacie's intention with the whole "you won't be missing much" statement was to attempt to damage control the delay in story updates. Like "if it's not there in time, it won't affect you guys too much". But that obviously had the polar opposite effect, as it implied that KHUX's connection to KH3 had essentially been nonexistent from the very beginning.

But, as I had hoped/assumed, this image shows that she was likely misinformed or just saying whatever came to mind in the moment to attempt to sugarcoat the situation.

Well, what bothers me most about the whole situation is that SE's statement on Glacie's statement was just the exact same statement...which still is not true to what is actually happening and definitely not true to what Nomura said. So in the midst of potentially trying to let us down gently, they only exasperated the situation.

There is really no reason from our point of view as to why they can't catch us up, and the lack of clarification on what is holding them back is going to keep hurting them. I'm sure it is something to do with the company that actually develops the game and not SE themselves, but...yeah. Glacie certainly meant well.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm wondering if they are saving the Ven-Lauriam thing for KH3--meaning that they will make it a bigger plot point that is both meant to create a new mystery for us and also direct players to UX and the new UX novel post-KH3?
i really hope she not talking to master xehanort in the scene if it i hate that we dont need to see there connection explain

Master Xehanort

This is interesting but also disappointing considering we're forced to watch fan translations for KH3-relevant content. Is it possible we'll catch up by December?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
5 story quests still gives me pause, but there could be long cutscenes still tied to them so I will reserve judgement. I would like to be excited to finally figure out what they are doing with Maleficent after all this time.

This is interesting but also disappointing considering we're forced to watch fan translations for KH3-relevant content. Is it possible we'll catch up by December?

We are 6 months behind so probably not, we may not get this update till long after KH3 has been played by us all lol.

lusca_bueno

Omg, I'm so hyped for this disapointment lol Really though, I wish Nomura was talking about Lauriam and Ven, which for me is far more intriguing than anything related to Maleficent at this point. Well, I guess there's still a chance it is about them, maybe the dialogue between Maleficent and the hooded figure will reveal a lot of what KHUX is all about.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The community rep said they'll be moving at the same rate so it's unlikely, unless the outrage that occurred pressured them to push up the schedule. While I understand the need for a buffer, 6 months is too much.

Will the information from UX be absolutely vital in understanding KH3? No.
Will it provide some interesting background for characters, events and motivations that would be beneficial for players to know? Yes.

In an ideal world, it'd be best for them to make catching up with story a priority above literally everything else, but this is the hand we've been dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back