• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jon Stewart vs. Jim Cramer- Media and the Market

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
part 1

part 2

part 3

If you've been watching the Daily Show this week, you'll know that there has been a "conflict" of sorts between these two. Yesterday, Jon interviewed Cramer and discussed about how CNBC covered the market before the crash and how they should have been more truthseeking instead of putting on a facade.

Definitely a great interview to watch.

So in your opinion, should the newsmedia as a whole have been more open and truthful about the state of the market and so on?

Fixed the link for ya so the vid is in the post. :3
-luv sham

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
I'm not a huge fan of Stewart or anything, but Cramer is the worst kind of idiot; the kind who knows nothing but thinks he knows everything, and obnoxious in every sense of the word. I've had fantasies about punching him in the face my times.

EDIT: And why the fuck does he roll his sleeves up so high? Did they pick this asshole out of a trailer park and put him in a blue collar?

EDIT 2: After watching the entire interview, I take back everything I said about not liking Stewart. He reduced Cramer to nothing.

Last edited:

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
is not like they were hiding anything, they just don't know shit about economics.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiiS9haiuf8

If you've been watching the Daily Show this week, you'll know that there has been a "conflict" of sorts between these two. Yesterday, Jon interviewed Cramer and discussed about how CNBC covered the market before the crash and how they should have been more truthseeking instead of putting on a facade.

Definitely a great interview to watch.

So in your opinion, should the newsmedia as a whole have been more open and truthful about the state of the market and so on?

Motherfucker, I was going to make this thread :v

Anyway, yeah, I was looking forward to more offense from Cramer after the whole week of him and Stewart going at each other, but Stewart completely crushed him. Honestly, I know very little about how the economy works, but I can tell when someone has been wrong about something, especially after so much evidence has been shown. Cramer had nothing to come back with other than awkward attempts to cover his own ass and apologies.

Also, here are the rest of the videos from before and including last night's interview, because one really needs to see how this whole thing began and built up:

CNBC Gives Financial Advice | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
In Cramer We Trust | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Basic Cable Personality Clash Skirmish '09 | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Jim Cramer Battle | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

And now the full interview:

Jim Cramer Unedited Interview Pt. 1 | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Jim Cramer Unedited Interview Pt. 2 | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Jim Cramer Unedited Interview Pt. 3 | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

After watching the way Cramer tried to justify himself with his tail between his legs, I can only wonder if this whole ordeal actually changed anything at all.

Awards
I thought it was awesome how you could hear the tone of Cramer's voice change as Stewart kept pressing him harder, and how he kept trying to dodge questions with weak attempts at humor. Dude is a fucking hack.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
It is surprising though that some of the issues that need to be hard pressed on certain people, John Stewart is the one doing it instead of some news reporter.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I should have realized that a youtube video would be removed.

Yeah, Cramer's an idiot, but he became the scapegoat in this situation for the whole shithole that is CNBC and other market related media. Unfortunately they'll probably shrug this off and continue the deceit. I just hope that people will realize they shouldn't trust their money on what some jumping lunatic says.

Jon isn't shackled down by the pressure of higherups or the standard of socalled "neutrality", that's why he's so great.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Jon isn't shackled down by the pressure of higherups or the standard of socalled "neutrality", that's why he's so great.

Exactly. While I can't quite say that The Daily Show (as well as the Colbert Report for that matter) isn't biased like all other media, it is not anywhere near as bad as the rest. They make fun of everyone, pointing out where they fuck up while others are too busy picking sides.

Another thing about Stewart that is so great is that while he does provide the humorous slant on world events, he knows what he's talking about and can be very serious as shown in his Cramer interview.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
Exactly. While I can't quite say that The Daily Show (as well as the Colbert Report for that matter) isn't biased like all other media, it is not anywhere near as bad as the rest. They make fun of everyone, pointing out where they fuck up while others are too busy picking sides.

Another thing about Stewart that is so great is that while he does provide the humorous slant on world events, he knows what he's talking about and can be very serious as shown in his Cramer interview.

Other media try to emphasis "Unbias" on certain issues, but usually do not state an opinion. unbias =/= neutral

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
how do you not see the facial similarities? :O

we disagree on everyones likeness.

Cramer_Jim_240x250.jpg

dr-cox.jpg

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
yaaaaay.

but yeah, stewart wrecked his shit.