• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jokul?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Yeah....so, I saw the Rise of the Guardians trailer on the internet the other day. And me, being my nerdy self, fangasmed all over again and made yet another Jack Frost tag.

jokulfrosti.png

I think it's good, but I'm not sure. What I do know is that I'm a little too cray-cray for this movie. I love animated films, though, so it was almost inevitable.

I went for a 'black and white with one other color' scheme this time. I usually have more than one color taking the stage with my tags, but I changed it up a bit. What do you guys think?

I also listened to this while I made it:

[video=youtube;uTy5NhKfx94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTy5NhKfx94[/video]

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I think this is one of your most dynamic tags. And you ditched the chaos you normally do and opted for something much cleaner, and dripping with emotion. <3

D.D.D

I think this is one of your most dynamic tags. And you ditched the chaos you normally do and opted for something much cleaner, and dripping with emotion. <3

Yeah, I tried to make it much more simple and clean (pun not intended, lol). I found the fanart and was like, "Jesus, this is smexy!". I liked the expression the artist had chosen. He looks a little bit younger than in the movie, IMO, but it's still great fanart all the same. :D

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Okay, I will agree with Aldrain that this is much cleaner, and more simpler than your usual work, and it's actually not a bad tag, but a few things are bothering me that I'd like to address.

First thing's first. There's a bit too much of floating head syndrome. Perhaps a resizing of the Jack Frost render would solve that problem.

Secondly, the colors is are too monotone. I know that you did say that you were going for a black and white +1 more color, but maybe a little less of the one more would have been a bit better.

Lastly, I think the lighting, while it's great to look at, could use just a lowering aspect. It's a little too harsh in some parts, mostly in the face of Jack Frost.

I would like to add that the lighting you did to the eyes is simply wonderful. <3

D.D.D

Okay, I will agree with Aldrain that this is much cleaner, and more simpler than your usual work, and it's actually not a bad tag, but a few things are bothering me that I'd like to address.

First thing's first. There's a bit too much of floating head syndrome. Perhaps a resizing of the Jack Frost render would solve that problem.

Secondly, the colors is are too monotone. I know that you did say that you were going for a black and white +1 more color, but maybe a little less of the one more would have been a bit better.

Lastly, I think the lighting, while it's great to look at, could use just a lowering aspect. It's a little too harsh in some parts, mostly in the face of Jack Frost.

I would like to add that the lighting you did to the eyes is simply wonderful. <3

Alright, I see it now. So, just make the render so that more of Jack is showing, get rid of some of the blue, and make the lighting less harsh. I agree with these points. I usually have problems with too harsh lighting in my tags, lol.

But thank you for the input. :D Glad you love the eyes. I love implementing that trick. <3 Just a dab of the person's eye color brushed onto their eyes, set to Overlay/Soft Light, and then lower the opacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back