Joker (2019) - “Put on a happy face”

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

redcrown

Awards
Am I the only one genuinely excited for this film? The fact that this film is a small character study instead of some superhero epic adds more points to this movie being good imo. Psychological dramas of troubled individuals played by good actors are my jam. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

As for people who think films and stories like this shouldn't be made so certain people won't be influenced; the kind of people who would look up to these kind of characters as heros and try to emulate them would already have that pathology and mindset within them regardless of movies like this being made. Films about disturbed people don't in themselves encourage anyone to imitate them, they only show a portrait of who they are.

Ballad of Caius

Put on a Happy Face
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
Am I the only one genuinely excited for this film? The fact that this film is a small character study instead of some superhero epic adds more points to this movie being good imo. Psychological dramas of troubled individuals played by good actors are my jam. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

As for people who think films and stories like this shouldn't be made so certain people won't be influenced; the kind of people who would look up to these kind of characters as heros and try to emulate them would already have that pathology and mindset within them regardless of movies like this being made. Films about disturbed people don't in themselves encourage anyone to imitate them, they only show a portrait of who they are.
I was excited for this film BECAUSE it is a case study! So you're not alone, haha.

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see Arthur's downfall into Joker.

Recon

My turn
Awards
  • News Hound
  • Ursus Union
  • Mog Boss
  • Final Fantasy Dimensions
  • The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
yea I wouldn’t take that review seriously. All that means to me is that it’s a great movie and worth seeing. But at the end of the day, you’re rating will (or won’t) match their score.

Howler

waiting for a username change?
Awards
  • No Name
  • Master Defender
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
yea I wouldn’t take that review seriously. All that means to me is that it’s a great movie and worth seeing. But at the end of the day, you’re rating will (or won’t) match their score.
Which is exactly true. There have been movies lately that have a low rating that I quite enjoyed. Still wanted to put it here if anyone cared to see, maybe get more people interested in seeing it? Just whatever benefit it can come from it.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Keyblade Master
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Ballad of Caius

Put on a Happy Face
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default

lmao Joker wins the Gold Lion, now belonging in the upper echelons with masterpieces such as Rashomon, Brokeback Mountain, and Roma. What a time to be alive.
The film isn't a cookie cutter, comic book-based movie, tho. It's sorta like a case study.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Keyblade Master
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
The film isn't a cookie cutter, comic book-based movie, tho. It's sorta like a case study.
Oh no, I agree with you; I believe the Golden Lion may have been well earned. But it's still rare for a movie based off comic book material to come off so ambitious. Keep in mind, this is from the director of The Hangover.

Ballad of Caius

Put on a Happy Face
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
Oh no, I agree with you; I believe the Golden Lion may have been well earned. But it's still rare for a movie based off comic book material to come off so ambitious. Keep in mind, this is from the director of The Hangover.
Really? The only director I follow is Tarantino, so that's news to me. Thanks for sharing! Haha. And I mean, Joker has always been an interesting "villain", it's just that this film take a more "examination" approach towards him.

Also, there is A LOT of buzz for a Batman Vs. Joker film, but this Joker isn't a villain.