• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Johnny Carson

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubiAngel

Johnny Carson died this past Sunday morning. I know that that may not mean much to some of the younger people here, since you probably don't even remember him. But to me, it means a lot. When I was real young, around ages 6-8, I used to stay up and watch him when I could. I know that after I watched him, I would go to bed with a smile on my face. I didn't know why then, but now, I realize it was because after watching him, I was always in a great mood. Not just because of the humor, but because, even through the TV, you could feel the vibe of happiness he gave off. Without me even knowing it, he helped to shape my life a little. He gave us something to smile and laugh about even in the most serious of times, and for that, I am grateful.

If anyone else would like to share their thoughts, please feel free.

Johnny Carson [1925-2005]

*I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but Mr. Carson was apart of the nation's life for so long, that I'm putting it here.*

Edward_Elric

Website
www.myspace.com
I know how you feel :( A few days ago i saw some of the late shows Johnny did in his past, he was a really funny guy :( its a shame we lost him.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
RubiAngel said:
Johnny Carson died this past Sunday morning. I know that that may not mean much to some of the younger people here, since you probably don't even remember him. But to me, it means a lot. When I was real young, around ages 6-8, I used to stay up and watch him when I could. I know that after I watched him, I would go to bed with a smile on my face. I didn't know why then, but now, I realize it was because after watching him, I was always in a great mood. Not just because of the humor, but because, even through the TV, you could feel the vibe of happiness he gave off. Without me even knowing it, he helped to shape my life a little. He gave us something to smile and laugh about even in the most serious of times, and for that, I am grateful.

If anyone else would like to share their thoughts, please feel free.

Johnny Carson [1925-2005]

*I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but Mr. Carson was apart of the nation's life for so long, that I'm putting it here.*

Johnny Carson, that's that old man who used to be on that old show my parents used to watch, isn't it?

RubiAngel

Johnny Carson was the host of The Tonight Show for approx. 30 years until he retired in 1992 and handed the show over to Jay Leno (who is not near as funny). If you can, you should try to find the DVD of Mr. Carson's greatest moments on the show. I guarantee that you will laugh until you cry. He was the greatest. If you want a comparison, losing him is to comedy is what losing John Lennon was to music, a complete tragedy.

Edward_Elric

Website
www.myspace.com
I saw an infomerical about selling a dvd collection of Johnny Carson, Once i get some cash, im gonna try to buy a few dvds :) I only seen a little of him on tv(Reruns of course) but I would like to see how funny he really can be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back