• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Jim Meskimen to replace Dan Castellaneta as "Genie" in Future Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueKey777

Banned
I'm just going off of what I think what would happen. I mean, for all we know, he could agree to do it and not want THAT much. I agree on the note that the other VAs have done a very good job at voicing Genie. Almost exactly sounding like Robin Williams. Hell, at times even sometimes better than Robin.
Well... maybe they compare to Robin but they cant beat the original :). Also you never really notice the different voice actors unless you are specifically doing so on purpose.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Well... maybe they compare to Robin but they cant beat the original :). Also you never really notice the different voice actors unless you are specifically doing so on purpose.

Both very good points. I do think that the VAs they get do their job well. In my eyes, it's the goal to sound almost just like the Genie so it's as close as it can get for the fans. Or at least, that's the way I view it.

BlueKey777

Banned
Both very good points. I do think that the VAs they get do their job well. In my eyes, it's the goal to sound almost just like the Genie so it's as close as it can get for the fans. Or at least, that's the way I view it.
In a way Im kinda jealous of all the VA for genie because they have the talent/opportunity to mimic one of the best actors ever!

morgancb35

I wish Robbin Williams would be the va. I always liked the original va's from the movies like James wood.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It would be nice if Robin could return but I think the new VA will do a fine job. Disney is usually pretty good at finding actors who do/can sound like the previous actor.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
It would be nice if Robin could return but I think the new VA will do a fine job. Disney is usually pretty good at finding actors who do/can sound like the previous actor.
That is a good point! I used to not know the difference in the show vs the movie, at least when was little.
But Genie has so few lines that it would be a huge waste of money to ask for Robin Williams back...As much as we want him ;3

MegaCore5

Awards
That is a good point! I used to not know the difference in the show vs the movie, at least when was little.
But Genie has so few lines that it would be a huge waste of money to ask for Robin Williams back...As much as we want him ;3
that is true. No matter how much everyone wants Robin Williams it just would not make sense budget wise to have him because he would only be in a fraction of the game :/

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
that is true. No matter how much everyone wants Robin Williams it just would not make sense budget wise to have him because he would only be in a fraction of the game :/

I liked Dan and I think Jim will do a great job, let Robin William enjoy himself in whatever he's up too. Agrebah might be at least 20 minutes will the non text scene and battles.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Is there any place I could go to hear all 3 voices? I want to know how well they voice match

Well, I believe the new one has a clip in this thread near the beginning, and you could just pull up KH and Robin on Youtube. Then you could just compare them that way, if you can pull up tabs~

EDIT: Robin is around 0:38, and Dan is around 1:13

[VIDEO=youtube;jBg8v6-i2z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBg8v6-i2z8[/VIDEO]

Last edited:

sonickenshin

Awards
I was talking with my cousin the other day about this, while we were rewatching the Magic Kingdom video. Meskimen has Robin Williams' deep range, but he can't go higher, so that's why he doesn't seem as crazy. : ( But, I dunno. Genie seems to be a really tough character to get down, because a lot of his character involves a lot of improv, and a lot of the improv Robin Williams does is pretty funny. So...I dunno. I'm sure Jim will do alright in the end.

kmorris2609

I'm actually really bummed Dan Castellaneta couldn't stay with Kingdom Hearts, seeing as he's played in Genie in so many different things throughout the years. But, I have always trusted the makers of Kingdom Hearts and their judgement regarding the casting. Jim Meskimen wouldn't have gotten the role as the new Genie if he didn't have the talent to play him and I think we will all see that when KH3 and other future games featuring him are released.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I'm actually really bummed Dan Castellaneta couldn't stay with Kingdom Hearts, seeing as he's played in Genie in so many different things throughout the years. But, I have always trusted the makers of Kingdom Hearts and their judgement regarding the casting. Jim Meskimen wouldn't have gotten the role as the new Genie if he didn't have the talent to play him and I think we will all see that when KH3 and other future games featuring him are released.
That's a really good outlook on the situation. You're absolutely right; if he wasn't talented enough, it wouldn't be him voicing Genie.
Welcome, Voice of Reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back