• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jeff Grubb expects Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event to happen this Spring

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Well, we can (probably) rest assured the rumored upcoming PS exclusive is unlikely to be the next KH game, according to Jordan Middler (though admittedly I’m struggling to find the primary source for this):

“Square Enix reportedly delayed the announcement of its next PlayStation console exclusive title in order to wait for the release of Final Fantasy 16. The rumor is in line with recent statements from the Japanese developer, which has expressed interest in developing more titles exclusive to PlayStation consoles. Notably, the upcoming PlayStation exclusive will not be a new Kingdom Hearts, nor a new Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.“

What the heck could it be though 🤔 I’m going to optimistically cross my fingers for new NieR
Not sure if Nier is big enough to overshadow FF16. Maybe Verum Rex (which takes stuff from FF Versus 13, a game a lot of people still think often).

I heard rumours about Chrono Cross remaster, but that's not big enough either. A Chrono Trigger remake however...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Are they doing a Chrono Trigger REMAKE!? I would buy that in a heart beat!

And I want KH to be PS-exclusive so that Nomura doesn't get any crazy ideas of releasing "spin-off games" on Switch or Xbox. I would be fine with it being across all platforms, but he needs to strictly avoid any platform exclusives. Whoever suggested platform exclusive worlds - OMG DO NOT GIVE NOMURA IDEAS.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Maybe do something along the lines of the Harry Potter 20th anniversary? I'm expecting at least a special trailer to commemorate the anniversary.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It'll be a port of the mobile version if anything. Square doesn't like CT enough for a true remake. Cross was the rumored remake & the rumors said it was going to be multiplatform.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe do something along the lines of the Harry Potter 20th anniversary? I'm expecting at least a special trailer to commemorate the anniversary.
That would be amazing if they could get Nomura, Yoko, Haley, David, Hayden, Alyson, and Jesse to sit down together and have a chat. They can also take questions from fans and hopefully there will be a competent interviewer that asks good questions.
It'll be a port of the mobile version if anything. Square doesn't like CT enough for a true remake. Cross was the rumored remake & the rumors said it was going to be multiplatform.
How can Square not like ChronoTrigger? It's one of the most legendary games of all time. A remake of that game would blow any current game out of the water.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
How can Square not like ChronoTrigger? It's one of the most legendary games of all time. A remake of that game would blow any current game out of the water.
It also never sold particularly well.

HakaishinChampa

Awards

And I want KH to be PS-exclusive so that Nomura doesn't get any crazy ideas of releasing "spin-off games" on Switch or Xbox. I would be fine with it being across all platforms, but he needs to strictly avoid any platform exclusives. Whoever suggested platform exclusive worlds - OMG DO NOT GIVE NOMURA IDEAS.
I doubt we'd see platform exclusive games anymore besides a possible new mobile game.

I'm currently sending Nomura, Sony and Disney a Spiderman world pitch that would be exclusive to the PS5 😈

Chie

Awards
The Chrono Cross remaster will just be the PS1 game but upscaled, it would be weird to make that an exclusive as if it's going to be moving units.

Also, Nomura is not the CEO of Square Enix and doesn't just pick platforms for no reason, if he has a say at all. KH games were developed on the DS and PSP because they were easier development environments than the PS3 for numerous reasons. 1 year dev time for a DS KH game or 5+ years dev time for KH3 (which nothing even happens in), your choice.

Awards
Honestly, I can see both Verum Rex and Kingdom Hearts IV being announced. We have two empty slots for Phase 2, and if we're really being technical, Phase 2 of Kingdom Hearts started back in 2013 with Kingdom Hearts X.
I'm sorry I don't understand this. Is this an event? When can we expect to hear more about this?

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
It’s nothing official. Just a dude with inside information and a decent track record.

Haven't SE confirmed there will be an anniversary fan event in Tokyo? There was a huge trailer for it unless I'm making up memories Castle Oblivion style.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It also never sold particularly well.
That was then, this is now though. The amount of new gamers that probably never heard of it would most likely swarm to it, especially a remake. Just imagining what they could do with it nowadays is mindblowing. But I guess I will have to live with the PS1 remaster.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
KH's 20th anniversary is in March, so... yes
A spring event is a pretty reasonable assumption. I would even put money on it being the day of KH1's 20th anniversary (March 28)

As for what we could see there, the next main title is pretty much guaranteed. But there's also that mystery fourth team we've known about for a while, so we'll probably see what they've been working on as well.
Other than that, probably merch and event announcements and shit.
W-would it be too much to ask for some MoM DLC?

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
While we’re on the topic of things we want to carry over from 0.2… can they please phase out Ishimoto on 🎵 in favor of more Komiyama (and Yoko obv) 😬

For real though would be great to get a tease of the musical direction with whatever they reveal at the event

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
*incoherent screeching intensifies*

I'm sooooo happy more people are waking up to 0.2s greatness 😭
I thought there was a general consensus that 0.2 was pretty great. It was basically what I wanted for KH3, so it gave me false hope we'd get more creative level designs, puzzles and character focused stories... sadly KH3 went another route.

Back