• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Japanese Translation Guides

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Pardon if this is the wrong section, but I don't post here too often, so I just decided to take a chance and throw it in here. >_>

I will probably import the Japanese version of BBS in a few days, mainly because I do not at all trust the immersion-killing voice acting of the English one, and wanted to ask those of you who have already dealt with the Japanese game for some help.

I have found a few Ability and Menu Guides here and there, but I just wanted to ask around, which guides they used and where they found them, in order to completely be able to enjoy the game and the story.
I guess essentials would be things like the complete game script, menu translations, speech-bubble and tutorial translations, etc.

So all in all, if you imported the game, how did you get through it, not knowing any Japanese?

Thanks.

PowerIsNothing

Pardon if this is the wrong section, but I don't post here too often, so I just decided to take a chance and throw it in here. >_>

I will probably import the Japanese version of BBS in a few days, mainly because I do not at all trust the immersion-killing voice acting of the English one, and wanted to ask those of you who have already dealt with the Japanese game for some help.

I have found a few Ability and Menu Guides here and there, but I just wanted to ask around, which guides they used and where they found them, in order to completely be able to enjoy the game and the story.
I guess essentials would be things like the complete game script, menu translations, speech-bubble and tutorial translations, etc.

So all in all, if you imported the game, how did you get through it, not knowing any Japanese?

Thanks.

I love the people who hate the English version and say thy would rather the Japanese, despite the fact they don't understand a word. Classic case of Weeabooness.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I love the people who hate the English version and say thy would rather the Japanese, despite the fact they don't understand a word. Classic case of Weeabooness.
Not really. Many English voice actors don't do a job that's all that great. Some people would rather listen to things like video games and anime in Japanese simply because the voices suit the characters and they don't have to worry about obnoxious accents or terrible VA jobs like many products can get.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I personally find this decision to be very dumb. The ENG ones a month away and with extra content and you're upset over the voices? You know, you could always just skip the cutscenes and just watch the JAP ones on youtube if they bother you so much. I personally don't think the voices are that bad and it really sounds like a dumb decision even if you do hate the voices. Are they really so bad to the point where you have to buy a lesser version THIS close to the release date?

PowerIsNothing

∞;5209518 said:
Not really. Many English voice actors don't do a job that's all that great. Some people would rather listen to things like video games and anime in Japanese simply because the voices suit the characters and they don't have to worry about obnoxious accents or terrible VA jobs like many products can get.

It still seems like a stupid reason to buy the JP version. If you prefer the Japanese voices, thats fine...but is it really worth not being able to understand the menus and such just because the voices may not "suit" the characters?

Not to mention all the extras that the English version gets. Like what skyfoxx said, he can always watch the JP cutscenes on youtube.

Last edited:

Ryukashi17

I really don't see how the English voice acting is as terrible as everyone says. Sure it could be improved, but why spend your money on the Japanese version like others have said, not being able to understand most of it, just for the cutscenes that could easily be watched on the internet.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
This is not a voice acting discussion thread, guys. You've already got one for that.
And if you really want to know, the reason I'm buying it is that I am getting a Playstation Portable only now.

So, no people here who've imported the game?

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
Argh, really you guys? @_@

Here:

KH13.com - Birth by Sleep [Translation Guide]

This seems to be a complete script for the cutscenes

And:

GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) Translation Guide by popiah01

For some of the menus.

I think. I haven't checked them. But one of them seems to have been written by someone who doesn't know English too well... Eh... I couldn't find anything on speech bubbles/tutorials, but I hope this helps, though. o_o;;

Edit: This one might be worth checking out too: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943347-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/53109756

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Argh, really you guys? @_@

Here:

KH13.com - Birth by Sleep [Translation Guide]

This seems to be a complete script for the cutscenes

And:

GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) Translation Guide by popiah01

For some of the menus.

I think. I haven't checked them. But one of them seems to have been written by someone who doesn't know English too well... Eh... I couldn't find anything on speech bubbles/tutorials, but I hope this helps, though. o_o;;

Edit: This one might be worth checking out too: The Translation Compilation - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

Ah, finally a game script. Been looking for one all this time. : D
Thanks, bro.

kayleemiller

Here you provide useful information on "Japanese Translation Guides" and links include huge stuff related this and provide great guide to those who have no knowledge about it and who are new to this field.

darkblue

I'd wait for the english version. that's just me. especially with all the extras coming.

but his question has been answered. no need to discuss now , really.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Apparently it's possible to hack games and play the English version with the Japanese voices. I know someone who played Crisis Core like that. I dunno how to do it though... google is probably your friend ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back