• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Japanese Response to KH III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Of course one should not just throw away that source but its also good that people pointed out that it can be more negative there. Together with the problem that anyone can leave a review there it should not be taken as THE source to see how fans are feeling. Its just one of the many. Just like how metacritic should not be the only source on the english side.

We're going round and round now.

And if you look at said reviews yourself, you will find that, technically, what's being reported as negative results in an overall avergage score (with the positive reviews edging them out), which based on my own experience and witnessing other people's reactions, discussions, seems fair. Not that it should mean diddly to anyone who has already played the game and formulated their own opinions.

Like, my God, we're not dealing with glowing reviews, so something must be wrong? This is some sort of negative cesspool? I've stated for various reasons why there's no true credibility for my own region of Amazon, yet it's not coming under fire. So, Japan gave it 3 out of 5 stars opposed to America's 4. There's not really a huge discrepancy, guys.

If Japanese people think they have an easier time expressing critique for the game on Amazon.jp than other sites, good for them. It isn't any less valid. I asked myself what a good guage would be, and answered myself that there really wasn't a direct answer. I'm challenging the defensive nature of the people who can't stand to seem to deal.

allenleonardo

Awards
And some of us have just pointed out that people should not soley use amazon as the source for reviews because of its nature. Which was the only site that was posted after OPs question and I even made a post showing that even there its not that bad either. (Yet the english amazon and the german one do vote for it better, at the german one you even have a lot of one star reviews that are people just angry at the missing german language, so the score would have probably be even better if you take those out)

In the end people just pointed this out because some were already using this to kinda hint that JP players disliked it, which right now we dont know because its the only source. I honestly dont care for scores (I do enjoy FF13 and its other games despite a lot of backlash from the internet) but I also wanted to just say that one site does not show a good sample of it.

In the end we have JP amazon with an average view on it, english and german amazon with a more positive view on it, metacritic which has it above 80. How others see it? Well who knows. But of course it would still be interesting to see more JP views on it, if someone can speak it and has a source, but it wont change my view on the game itself (and I understand some of the critic too).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So......

Is anyone actually gonna answer OPs question? Cus I'm pretty interested too, ngl.

It’s difficult to answer tbh. Forums are gonna skew one way or another. Reviews for games are different from here in the west. Most gaming magazines are more like PR firms than anything else...

It seems to be in line with fan reactions here. A lot of people liked it, have issues with specific parts, and then there is a vocal group who dislike it.

2 quid is good

Awards
It’s difficult to answer tbh. Forums are gonna skew one way or another. Reviews for games are different from here in the west. Most gaming magazines are more like PR firms than anything else...

It seems to be in line with fan reactions here. A lot of people liked it, have issues with specific parts, and then there is a vocal group who dislike it.
Ahh thank you for the reply, its actually something I'd been wondering for some time now!

I'm gad that we have relatively similar reactions at least

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
So......

Is anyone actually gonna answer OPs question? Cus I'm pretty interested too, ngl.

Well, forums are a generally a place for people who are deep into a series and like having discussions about said series, so their perspective over a game compared to maybe somebody who's not on forums or isn't as deep may have a different feeling. Me for example, I love KH3. But there's people on here who don't like it at all. Do I think KHInsider generally likes KH3? Yeah, but I think due to being on forums where discussions take place and we look into things more, there's certain things we're going to take notice of and may give it a knock for. Obviously not everyone cares about the same things though, so a forum's perspective isn't necessarily equivalent to the fan base as a whole. I presume just as it would be like over here in the Western forums, it's probably similar on the Japanese forums.

It's like how some people think Days has the best writing in the series, while there's others who feel that Days has the worst writing in the series. I know people who have DDD as their favorite KH game, but if you were to let forums tell it, DDD is an abomination of a game that should've never existed. Forums can give insight, but there's a lot missing, so you can't use that as the Word of God.

I do think that most fans enjoyed KH3 though. They might not think it's perfect, and it's not, but I think there's a good sizable number of fans that can agree that it's a really good game. You'll always have a vocal minority though, and that's what comes with anything.

Y'know, for context... It's funny, because here in the West, people hated the hell out of FFXIII, but in Japan? They enjoyed it. KH3 isn't NEARLY as divisive as XIII was, but it kinda goes to show that everyone has different opinions and no matter how you slice it, I don't think the Kingdom Hearts fandom has ever outright said KH3 is bad. Just flawed with some disappointments and lack of fleshing out certain characters, but not "bad" at all. Certainly not bad enough for Square to reconsider making another game at the very least.

Back