• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Japanese Playthrough

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeyper97

So, now that I'm in college and making money, I've been able to spend it on leisurely activity, mostly video games. A while back, I imported 1.5 from Japan, partly for nerdy collection purposes, but mostly just to play as a sort of challenge. And I gotta say, I loved the experience!

From the switched buttons, language learning curve, and voice acting, it was all very refreshing. Of course, I played the game on proud mode (curse you, post-Hallow Bastion difficulty spike!) I also enjoys some of the differences I caught while playing through the game in terms of script. For instance, Clayton says "dammit" after leaving the tent in Deep Jungle before he gets attacked. And turns out Kairi says a line during the ending that wasn't recorded in English! Oh, and the Riku-Ansem dual voice is even cooler in Japanese.

Anyway, I just beat 1FM yesterday, going to move on to Re:CoM soon, and also buy 2.5, which is fortunately less expensive to import. All in all, I looooved going through the game like this. I also kinda want to know if anyone else has done this? If you did, did you enjoy it and why?

Xera Highwind

I imported the Final Mixes before the remakes were made. I did beat all three of them but now that the remixes are localized, I wouldn't go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back