• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Japanese dramas - how to start?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I can't believe I'm gonna ask for this but here I go...

All my friends are crazy about Korean drama series, they're trying to make me like them but I simply can't get into them. I hardly get into any kind of serials anyway. However, I was thinking "I bet there are Japanese dramas as well", so I'd like to give them a try, but I honestly don't know what series are good/worth to watch at all or where to watch them...
The second reason for my interest right now is I want to take screencaps and draw Japanese people. I want to exercise and study to their physiognomy a bit more.
I'm still feeling awkward

So... could you help me with some recommendations?
miseryplz.gif

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
There are a surprising amount on Netflix.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd recommend a drama called " Seigi no Mikata". Its about the lives of two sisters and pretty enjoyable. Also I'm not sure if it would count as a drama, but I would also recommend the Kamen Rider series.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well...Honestly I prefer K-dramas but. There are a million of those on Netflix.

I couldn't recommend you any J-dramas but definitely I can recommend a million K-dramas. Coffee Prince, Fated To Love You, Angel Eyes, That's Okay It's Just Love, Boys Over Flowers, The Good Doctor...

Oh! Boys Over Flowers in Japan was Hana Yori Dango and that was a popular J-drama based on a manga...which has an anime, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back