• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

January 7th - Kingdom Hearts Union χ ENG Update

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Captain Dark VIP Quest & More!

■ Campaign Period: 
Jan. 7, 2019 12:00 a.m. to Jan. 13, 2019 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Jan. 7, 2019 8:00 to Jan. 14, 2019 7:59 (UTC)

The Weekly Jewels Extravaganza includes 3,000 Jewels and the following: 
・Access to VIP Draws from certain Deals! 
・Access to special limited-time VIP Quests
・An increase to the number of times you can play PvP Mode daily! 
*Offer expires on Jan. 13, 2019 11:59 p.m. (PT) / Jan. 14, 2019 7:59 (UTC).

Purchasing the Weekly Jewels Extravaganza will allow you to use the new VIP Draw feature in specific Deals! 
VIP Draws provide exclusive perks to your standard draw, such as: 
・Unlocking specific Deals' "guaranteed within x draws" aspect! 
・Increasing the amount of bonus rewards you receive! 
・Increasing the probability of receiving certain Medals from a Deal! 

The perks vary from Deal to Deal, so be sure to check out the notices for each Deal to see what's available!

Read on for more details!

● VIP Captain Dark Medal and 1400 Jewels Quest! 
Complete this quest to obtain a total of four Captain Dark Medals, one Trait Medal #73, and 1400 Jewels

■ Medal Details

Medal Attribute Reversed / Upright Special Attack Bonus Tier Special Attack Target Gauge Cost Damage Multiplier*
Captain Dark (6★) S Reversed 8 Deals 6 hits. 1 turn: ↑ STR 8, ↓ targets' R-DEF 2, DEF 1. Random 3 × 21.12
* Damage Multiplier listed applies to a version of this Medal with a maximum Special Attack Bonus. 

● VIP Gold Ticket Quest! 
Complete this quest to earn one Gold Ticket

● VIP Magic Broom & Magic Mirror Quest! 
Complete this quest to earn up to 7 Magic Broom and 7 Magic Mirror Medals! 

● VIP Gem Quest! 
Complete this quest to earn 6 Gems in total: 2 Power Gems, 2 Speed Gems, and 2 Magic Gems

▼ Important Notes Regarding Weekly Jewels Extravaganza VIP Quests: 
・You can only purchase the Weekly Jewels Extravaganza once a week, and the VIP Quests will be available until Sunday at 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
・If you purchase the Weekly Jewels Extravaganza on Sunday, the VIP Quests will only be available until 11:59 p.m. (PT) on that same Sunday.

Weekly Raid Event! (Jan. 7)

★ Fight alongside your party to defeat the Blue Trident Tail in this Raid Boss Event!

■Event Period: 
Jan. 7, 2019 2:00 p.m. to Jan. 13, 2019 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Jan. 7, 2019 22:00 to Jan. 14, 2019 7:59 (UTC)

■Event Details 
Defeat the Blue Trident Tail Raid Boss with your party members to earn Raid Coins, which you can use to get fabulous rewards, including Magic BroomMagic MirrorChip, and Dale Medals ! 
The Raid Board for this Raid Event will be available until Jan. 14, 2019 11:59 a.m. (PT) / Jan. 14, 2019 19:59 (UTC).

Work with your party members to increase the level of the Raid Boss and collect all the rewards! 
Upon successful defeat of the Blue Trident Tail, the raid boss level will increase by 1. 
NOTE: When the Blue Trident Tail appears, you will not be able to proceed in the latest main quest.

■ Raid Boss Time Table 
On Monday through Friday, the Raid Boss will be available during the times listed below!

Pacific Time UTC

2:00 a.m. to 2:59 a.m.

8:00 a.m. to 8:59 a.m.

2:00 p.m. to 2:59 p.m.

8:00 p.m. to 8:59 p.m.

10:00 to 10:59

16:00 to 16:59

22:00 to 22:59

4:00 to 4:59

■ Weekend Raid Boss Bonus Time 
On Saturday and Sunday, the Raid Boss will be available all day, until the event ends on Jan. 13, 2019 11:59 p.m. (PT) / Jan. 14, 2019 7:59 (UTC)! 
Additionally, between the times listed below, you'll be able to get the following bonuses!

Pacific Time UTC

2:00 a.m. to 2:59 a.m.

8:00 a.m. to 8:59 a.m.

2:00 p.m. to 2:59 p.m.

8:00 p.m. to 8:59 p.m.

10:00 to 10:59

16:00 to 16:59

22:00 to 22:59

4:00 to 4:59

・Lux received from Raid Bosses greatly increases! 
・The raid boss will gain an increased 2 levels upon successful defeat!

Please check in-game for more details on the rewards available in this event!

Get Magic Mirrors!

★ Is Darkside in a giving mood? 
Complete objectives to earn Magic Mirror Medals and other rewards!

■ Event Period: 

■ Event Details 
Darkside is back in these 7 event quests. 
Complete the objectives to earn Magic Mirror Medals and other rewards to power up your Medals!

Get Supernova - Key Art #19 within 5 VIP Draws!

★ The Supernova - Key Art #19 Deal returns! 
Purchase the Weekly Jewels Extravaganza to get it within 5 VIP Draws!

The Supernova - Key Art #19 Deal returns with the option to VIP Draw
The VIP Draw provides additional perks to your standard draw, one of which guarantees Supernova - Key Art #19 within 5 VIP Draws from this Deal!

In addition to what was previously offered, VIP Draws from this Deal also come with 10 Limited VIP Coins, which can be used to redeem spectacular skills such as Attack Boost VII MaxDEF Boost IV MaxATK B VI Max & Lux+, and more from the Limited VIP Coin Skill Board!

■ Campaign Period: 

See below for standard and VIP Draw details from the Supernova - Key Art #19 Deal!

VIP Draw 
Standard 
Guaranteed Featured Medal Supernova - Key Art #19 within 5 VIP Draws! -
Other Guaranteed Medals ・One Trait Medal #52 per draw! 
・One 7★ Tier 7 Medal OR Supernova - Key Art #19 per draw! 
・The remaining 8 Medals will be of 5★ or higher rarity! 
5x Magic Mirror 
10x Limited VIP Coins
・One Trait Medal #52 per draw! 
・One 7★ Tier 7 Medal OR Supernova - Key Art #19 per draw! 
・The remaining 8 Medals will be of 5★ or higher rarity! 
・3x Magic Mirror
Details Nearly doubles* the chance of drawing 
Supernova - Key Art #19 compared to Standard!
-
* The standard version of the Supernova - Key Art #19 Deal does NOT come with a "guaranteed within x draws" aspect. 
* Please see the Draw Odds for more information.

The guaranteed 7★ Tier 7 Medal or Supernova - Key Art #19 will come with one of the following skills at max skill level: 
   ・Attack Boost VI Max 
   ・Defense Boost I Max   
   ・Defense Boost II Max   
   ・Defense Boost III Max   
   ・ATK B V Max & GA 1   
   ・ATK B V Max & Lux+ 
   ・Triple Threat II

You also have a chance of getting a Boosted version of these Medals!

■ Medal Details

Medal Attribute Reversed / Upright Special Attack Bonus Tier Special Attack Target Gauge Cost Damage Multiplier*
Supernova - Key Art #19 (7★) 
*Includes artwork.
M Upright 8 Deals 6 hits. 1 turn: ↑ U-STR 3, M-STR 7, SP ATK B +100%, ↓ targets' DEF, U- & M-DEF 7. Gauge +3. Damage+: 1 enemy or 0 parts left. Countdown ±0. All 6 × 31.48 - 47.39
Supernova: (Single) Triggers before slot 6 is activated when defending in PVP. ×120.0
* Damage multiplier listed applies to a version of this Medal with a maximum Special Attack Bonus. 
* If multiple Medals that grant an increased SP Attack Bonus are activated during the same turn, the effects will not stack and the higher value will take effect.

[January 8th PT] Sukeroku and Agemaki Avatar Boards!

★ Sukeroku and Agemaki avatar boards are now available! 
Grab them now for 2500 Jewels each!

■ Available Period: 
Jan. 8, 2019 12:00 a.m. to Jan. 21, 2019 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Jan. 8, 2019 8:00 to Jan. 22, 2019 7:59 (UTC)

■Details: 
Now is your time to act! With the Sukeroku and Agemaki avatar boards you can dress up in traditional Japanese theatre wear, for 2500 Jewels apiece! 

■ Avatar Board Contents

Sukeroku (Male) Agemaki (Female)
Sukeroku 
Sukeroku: Headband 
Sukeroku: Belt 
Sukeroku: Parasol
 (Skill Perk +8) 
Sukeroku Style 
Title: Dragon 
6★ Chip x 1
Agemaki 
Agemaki: Parasol

(Skill Perk +8) 
Agemaki Style 
Title: Sleeping 
6★ Chip x 2 
6★ Dale x 1
Rewards included in both boards: 
ATK B VIII Max & GA 1 (6★ Scrooge) 
ATK B VII Max & Lux+ (6★ Scrooge) 
Second Chance IV (6★ Scrooge) 
Speed Gem x 1 
6★ Cid 10 x 1 
6★ Magic Mirror x 5 
5★ Magic Broom x 3

Meow Wow and Flowbermeow Avatar Boards Return!

★ Meow Wow and Flowbermeow avatar boards are back! 
Get these returning avatar boards for 5000 Jewels each!

■ Available Period: 
Jan. 8, 2019 12:00 a.m. to Jan. 21, 2019 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Jan. 8, 2019 8:00 to Jan. 22, 2019 7:59 (UTC)

■ Details: 
Wow, is this a dream? Meow Wow and Flowbermeow avatar boards have dropped in to pay us a visit! 
Get them meow for 5000 Jewels  apiece before they disappear again into the distance! 
* If you previously purchased these returning boards, you will not be able to purchase them again.

■ Avatar Boards Contents

Meow Wow (Male) Flowbermeow (Female)
Meow Wow 
Balloon Meow Wow

(Skill Perk +6)
Flowbermeow 
Balloon Meow Wow
 (Skill Perk +6)
Rewards included in both boards: 
 Poison+ II x 1 (6★ Scrooge) 
 Paralysis+ II x 1 (6★ Scrooge) 
 Sleep+ II x 1 (6★ Scrooge) 
 Second Chance III x 1 (6★ Scrooge) 
 ATK B V & AP+ & Lux+ x 1 (6★ Scrooge) 
 ATK B V Max & GA 2 x 1 (6★ Scrooge) 
Power Gem x 2 
Speed Gem x 2 
Magic Gem x 2 
6★ Magic Mirror x 4 
6★ Fantasia Mickey B x 2

■About Avatar Boards: 
・Select "Avatar Boards" from the Menu to view these boards. 
・Once purchased, these avatar boards will remain unlocked for you even after the campaign period ends. 
 (If you have not unlocked these avatar boards before the campaign end time, they will no longer be available to you.) 
・You will not need Avatar Coins to unlock nodes on these boards.

Follow us on Twitter for the latest news! @Daybreak_Town

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
Re: January 7th - Kingdom Hearts Union ? ENG Update

I don't think anybody cares anymore. You can hear your own echo in these forums.

johnsan92

I honestly wish they provided more rewards for the weekly 15 dollar charge. I buy it and I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth compared to other games I play.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

I honestly wish they provided more rewards for the weekly 15 dollar charge. I buy it and I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth compared to other games I play.

Common, consistent and perfectly valid complaint. They just choose not to listen.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Common, consistent and perfectly valid complaint. They just choose not to listen.

Unfortunately enough people are still buying VIP despite its underwhelming offerings to offset any amount of complaints being made against it.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

I hate to say that I just can't play the game anymore. I had a really bad micro-trans. habit two summers ago, and I got it under control and stopped spending entirely. I'd finally caught up, felt like I could do top tier activities without spending real money about a year ago, and those new updates sent me straight back to the bottom of the food chain.

I was sincerely interested in where the story was going, but I've put it down and not looked back. I enjoyed the high level activities, but when I left it a few months ago, it was back to a misery inducing grind.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

Updated OP with the avatar boards!

I hate to say that I just can't play the game anymore. I had a really bad micro-trans. habit two summers ago, and I got it under control and stopped spending entirely. I'd finally caught up, felt like I could do top tier activities without spending real money about a year ago, and those new updates sent me straight back to the bottom of the food chain.

I was sincerely interested in where the story was going, but I've put it down and not looked back. I enjoyed the high level activities, but when I left it a few months ago, it was back to a misery inducing grind.
Yeah, can't say I'm too happy with the game's current state either, at this point I only really bother doing the main story quests ^^;

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Yep, I did a kamikaze dive for the BBS banners and blew all my jewels for one final time. Felt good. Will be concentrating now on just the story updates, and whatever I can keep up with on the medals I now have. I simply no longer care much what happens to the game or staying competitive. I am making my stand on what I currently have. I still hold out hope that maybe something will change, but not putting much on that. Will play till the end, but just the story updates and whatever I can compete in. Wouldn't miss it if they pulled it tomorrow.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Right? The game was gradually getting better in 2017 and into 2018. While there was still incentive for those to spend if they wanted to, you could still get away with a heck of a lot in the game if you had some luck, and I think there were many opportunities to get that luck and a lot of people eventually got a powerful EX medal of their own. There was great incentive to save up jewels, as it was easy to see which medals to skip.

Even though I wasn't spending money, I was making the top 100 in coliseum each month. It was nice.

....But then seven star medals and PVP happened and the game turned into sheer P2W. You could no longer get by with luck. Luck could not get you the best skills and medals at all times, which competing in PVP pretty much requires.

PVP killed the game for me. Its format of dropping you down to the level of the person that beat you was also savage and meant no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't rank because I didn't want to stay up until it was almost 2 am before the final rankings were secured to try to keep my spot secure by running my PVP matches then.

But having left the game, I realize there's really nothing to it and nothing to get stressed out about. People who are stressed out by this game should just try putting it down. You'll be amazed at how quickly you're weened off of it and realize "Why did I play that awful game?".

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

Right? The game was gradually getting better in 2017 and into 2018. While there was still incentive for those to spend if they wanted to, you could still get away with a heck of a lot in the game if you had some luck, and I think there were many opportunities to get that luck and a lot of people eventually got a powerful EX medal of their own. There was great incentive to save up jewels, as it was easy to see which medals to skip.

Even though I wasn't spending money, I was making the top 100 in coliseum each month. It was nice.

....But then seven star medals and PVP happened and the game turned into sheer P2W. You could no longer get by with luck. Luck could not get you the best skills and medals at all times, which competing in PVP pretty much requires.

PVP killed the game for me. Its format of dropping you down to the level of the person that beat you was also savage and meant no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't rank because I didn't want to stay up until it was almost 2 am before the final rankings were secured to try to keep my spot secure by running my PVP matches then.

But having left the game, I realize there's really nothing to it and nothing to get stressed out about. People who are stressed out by this game should just try putting it down. You'll be amazed at how quickly you're weened off of it and realize "Why did I play that awful game?".

Oi, yeah. Now, this is a strange parallel to make, but it feels as empty to me as Destiny 2 does. Just grinding for no reason. Why would I sit on my phone and grind day in and day out just for more "loot." All I've done is waste my time. Sure, other games have loot grinds, but like BOTW is a beautiful game. It doesn't feel like a looter. I love my looter shooters, but man after you get burnt out, you are TOAST.

It's the same feeling I had with KHUx.

Veevee

Awards

I am a bit surprised about people calling this game "grindy". There's nothing to grind in here. You can buy medals and they can be useful or not. The only really grindy thing is coliseum, everything else can either be done because it's easy, not done because it's bs or is union cross which should only be done in the designated hours. This is not grindy because you rarely get things by repeating quests (Mickey EX was an exception). Dokkan Battle in comparison is grindy as hell but you get a load of stuff if you do it. You can max good units if you do and even if some grinds feel horribly slow, you know that events repeat, so if you don't get it now, you'll get it later. To get the Captain of the Ginyu Force, you had to do each member's quest 30 times at least because it was a mission reward for doing that, that is grindy. I don't see anything grindy about Ux.

Besides that, yes, it's completely awful. It doesn't help that the banners offer you a Tier 7 medal each time you pull because only the Primes and EX+ really matter and those are locked behind paywalls. 7* and PVP really killed the game and VIP banners are just the cherry on top. This is plain greed. Oh and the japanese Sora Art Banner for the commonfolk had Maleficent as a mercy, at least. Nothing for us.

Do I still have time to get the code for Starlight though?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Rather than "grinding", it's more like "questing for no reason".

You enter, you see the updates. New stuff aside from the usual raid boss and HSC that you cannot win anyway? Yes? No? Log in. Get the jewels and whatever ranking reward. Was there something good in the shop? Yes? No? Does it really matter anymore? Eh, let's try this one just cause the medal is about my favourite character. Cool, didn't get it. Oh well.
Checking Events. Something nice, a KH trivia quiz or some side-story? Nah, but there's a Lux challenge thing. Ehhh, let me see the enemies' levels... oof... let me see the rewards... Magic Mirrors and Cids? Nice, I can skip this entirely. I have Magic Mirrors out of my ears and I could occupy a small nation with my Cids. No new story either... well, "story". Yeah sure. Well, when they come I can just put Kairi to the front and just run through everything for the jewels. For now, let's do the shortest story quest 2 times and the one that spawns the Raid Boss once. Cool, here's the boss. Hi, Guard Armor. Bye, Guard Armor.
Awright, PvP... oh, here's a neat podcast I can hear while the battles go in auto mode. I don't even need to win anyway, Fairies are as obsolete as they can get (kinda surprising how short they lasted). So, here's to 15 minutes of people handing me my butt with all sorts of extra attack medals because for some reason somebody still takes the PvP seriously.
Hooray, the daily objectives are mine! I really deserve these 300 jewels. See ya tomorrow game, same place, same hour.

This has been my Ux experience for the past months, I've been singing this tune when many people were still out there defending this game as really great and fun.
I admittedly had my bit of fun with some silly self-imposed objectives, but then I achieved those as well. It's a pity, because the story of Ux that matters is still kinda interesting now that it's going somewhere.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Rather than "grinding", it's more like "questing for no reason".

You enter, you see the updates. New stuff aside from the usual raid boss and HSC that you cannot win anyway? Yes? No? Log in. Get the jewels and whatever ranking reward. Was there something good in the shop? Yes? No? Does it really matter anymore? Eh, let's try this one just cause the medal is about my favourite character. Cool, didn't get it. Oh well.
Checking Events. Something nice, a KH trivia quiz or some side-story? Nah, but there's a Lux challenge thing. Ehhh, let me see the enemies' levels... oof... let me see the rewards... Magic Mirrors and Cids? Nice, I can skip this entirely. I have Magic Mirrors out of my ears and I could occupy a small nation with my Cids. No new story either... well, "story". Yeah sure. Well, when they come I can just put Kairi to the front and just run through everything for the jewels. For now, let's do the shortest story quest 2 times and the one that spawns the Raid Boss once. Cool, here's the boss. Hi, Guard Armor. Bye, Guard Armor.
Awright, PvP... oh, here's a neat podcast I can hear while the battles go in auto mode. I don't even need to win anyway, Fairies are as obsolete as they can get (kinda surprising how short they lasted). So, here's to 15 minutes of people handing me my butt with all sorts of extra attack medals because for some reason somebody still takes the PvP seriously.
Hooray, the daily objectives are mine! I really deserve these 300 jewels. See ya tomorrow game, same place, same hour.

This has been my Ux experience for the past months, I've been singing this tune when many people were still out there defending this game as really great and fun.
I admittedly had my bit of fun with some silly self-imposed objectives, but then I achieved those as well. It's a pity, because the story of Ux that matters is still kinda interesting now that it's going somewhere.

Bingo! Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. You summarized it perfectly. Very unsatisfying. It is dying. Some may not want to admit it, but it is a slow, agonizing death.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

The fairies are no longer even important? That's a shock to hear! When I dropped the game back in late July, not getting them was sinking my ability to perform well in the game at all. How are they even making PVP compelling without them being that important? PVP is terrible.

About the game itself... I agree that there's not much there. Other mobile games like Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (another game that sank into RNG microtransaction hell) are the same. They are horribly shallow and repetitive compared to the real games from their series. These games rely solely on getting you hooked into getting the newest and best stuff... If you fall out of caring too much about that you'll quickly see that these games are nothing.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

The Kingdom Hearts name and following. That is what this has. Apparently, it's keeping enough people buying VIP. So happy I quit that a long while back. Still, it carries the Kingdom Hearts name, characters, and fans.

Back