• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► James Bond Franchise - 007

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Re: James Bond Franchise - 007 (Skyfall - 2012)

Nah, the golden gun is pretty cool and silly, but it's still an item meant as a weapon (even if constructed from other harmless looking ones)
This. This is a freaking HAT. That can cleanly knock the head of a statue.

Goldfinger just kep Bond alive. Seen it before. Still consider him an idiot.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Nah, the golden gun is pretty cool and silly, but it's still an item meant as a weapon (even if constructed from other harmless looking ones)
This. This is a freaking HAT. That can cleanly knock the head of a statue.

Goldfinger just kep Bond alive. Seen it before. Still consider him an idiot.

Goldfinger is a vastly overrated Bond film IMO, but it's still good overall. I'd rank it fourth out of the six official flicks with Connery as Bond (FRWL, Dr No, Thunderball, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds Are Forever) personally.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Gotta say, I didn't think the movie was bad, but the villains...

The villains were fucking idiots.

Theart

Awards

Indeed they were. -_- I really don't get the praise Goldfinger gets. It's fun and great, yes, but it's nowhere near as awesome as its two predecessors.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

So I'm at On her majesty's secret service now.

Still think Lazenby wasn't bad at all and basically got a bum deal.

Theart

Awards

So I'm at On her majesty's secret service now.

Still think Lazenby wasn't bad at all and basically got a bum deal.

I think he was alright overall, and I certainly think he would've improved over time had he been smart enough to take that deal he was offered at the time. And honestly, the Sean Connery of that particular time-frame wouldn't have done so well in that film, I think. He seemed bored in YOLT and out of shape in DAF, and I wouldn't have wanted that present in OHMSS. It's probably my all-time favorite Bond novel, and one of my favorite Bond films.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

The main problem was probably people still fanboying over Connery for Lazenby to be correctly judged. I'm thinking being the second person in a particular role is probably the hardest. That one has to pretty much prove to everyone that replacing someone can be done, while no. 3 and up should be passed that sentiment. Plus by that point people are more or less used to it.
He fired the agent that told him to not accept that deal from what I heard. Probably the smartest thing he could've done.

Theart

Awards

The main problem was probably people still fanboying over Connery for Lazenby to be correctly judged. I'm thinking being the second person in a particular role is probably the hardest. That one has to pretty much prove to everyone that replacing someone can be done, while no. 3 and up should be passed that sentiment. Plus by that point people are more or less used to it.
He fired the agent that told him to not accept that deal from what I heard. Probably the smartest thing he could've done.

A true point, but as I recall, they were already considering Timothy Dalton by that point for the part. It was either for OHMSS or for Live and Let Die, but I'm leaning towards the former. I can't remember if Dalton declined or if the makers simply chose Lazenby over him, but I do think Dalton would have probably been a better Bond for that film, had he been cast then.

That film was one of the closer film adaptations to its original novel source that Ian Fleming had written, and Dalton was known to always carry the Fleming Bond novels on him during his tenure and had a habit of quoting lines from the books while on set. That sort of appreciation for the material would have probably added to what is one of the best Bond films ever.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

A true point, but as I recall, they were already considering Timothy Dalton by that point for the part. It was either for OHMSS or for Live and Let Die, but I'm leaning towards the former. I can't remember if Dalton declined or if the makers simply chose Lazenby over him, but I do think Dalton would have probably been a better Bond for that film, had he been cast then.

That film was one of the closer film adaptations to its original novel source that Ian Fleming had written, and Dalton was known to always carry the Fleming Bond novels on him during his tenure and had a habit of quoting lines from the books while on set. That sort of appreciation for the material would have probably added to what is one of the best Bond films ever.

Could be. I'd still like to see what could've been if Lazenby had done more films and grown into the role. The path not taken I guess. <sighs> (not that I'm a huge Lazenby fan, I'm just a person curious about unimportant matters)

In other news, I'm at no10, Moonraker now. Kind of yawn, though I do like Jaws, as little as he's featured.
Gotta say, I frequently heard things about product placement in these films. I never noticed it until this time around (though that could be because I'm generally not that bothered by it)

Theart

Awards

Two new trailers, folks! SKYFALL looks amazing.

[video=youtube;vgr2syY_OU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgr2syY_OU4[/video]
[video=youtube;H5AD3PBPuKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5AD3PBPuKc[/video]

I can't wait for this movie to come out... QwQ

Also, the new Q in this movie is awesome. :DDD Definitely captures the more playful side of the character~

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Bond adjusting his cuffs. That swag.

Looks pretty fantastic in my opinion.

Will wash the taste of Quantum of Solace out of my mouth anyway.

Theart

Awards

Bond adjusting his cuffs. That swag.

tumblr_m811dbVBvg1qa3umro2_1280.jpg

Like a Bond.

Looks pretty fantastic in my opinion.

Will wash the taste of Quantum of Solace out of my mouth anyway.

Definitely. I actually think this one may turn out to be one of if not the best Bond films ever made. The cast and crew for this film is easily the most premier for a Bond film ever, and there's definitely a drive among them to bring in their A-game.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Holy balls, them trailers were excellent. I like the idea of a younger Q, though I don't know why (Q was always awesome)
And October? I thought it was November. Oh well, good enough for me, my birthday is in that month anyway so cash ahoy

Theart

Awards

^ It is November in the states, but the UK gets it in late October. But yeah, great trailers! :)

Silva is shaping up to be a great Bond villian. Reminds me of Bill in Kill Bill for some reason.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

^I'm guessing the rest of Europe gets it along with UK (usually the case I think)

Theart

Awards

^I'm guessing the rest of Europe gets it along with UK (usually the case I think)

Maybe, but then again Bond IS an iconic British character, so I could see why the UK might get the movie first. :)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Maybe, but then again Bond IS an iconic British character, so I could see why the UK might get the movie first. :)

Weirder things have happened, :p But seriously, the rest of Europe probably won't have to wait much longer.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

Daniel Craig as Bond still isnt cutting it for me...
I think its about time for a new one...

Theart

Awards

Daniel Craig as Bond still isnt cutting it for me...
I think its about time for a new one...

I disagree.

Craig is easily the best Bond since Connery imo. And he's certainly the closest take to the original character that Ian Fleming created in his novels, I think. Only the early Connery performances (Dr. No and FRWL) rival Craig's Bond in that regard.

Theart

Awards

So yeah, I went to the midnight premiere of Skyfall last night, and I'm probably seeing it again tonight. I'll post a full review of the film later, but I will say this may very well be my new favorite Bond film. It's certainly my favorite out of any Bond film that wasn't based on Ian Fleming's original novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back