• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jack Thomson's debate at SGC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
SGC 2009 - The Debate Unedited | ScrewAttack.com

Jack Thompson participated in this debate at an event called the "Screwattack Gaming Convention" by the video game site screwattack.com. And I have to say, it changed my view on him.
While he is always portrayed as an eccentric big kid who can't accept defeat and has an irrational hate for video games and their developers, he is behaving completely normal and reasonable here, which I'm sure would surprise one or the other gamer who doesn't know him that well (like me).
Needless to say, I thought it was very interesting and informative, and I was able to sympathize with Thompson much more than before.

I was also quite surprised by the audience. The first time I heard about this event, I thought it would be a bad idea to have him try to defend his points in a "gamer-only" area, but apparently it worked out just fine. No booing, no fuss or anything.

Any thoughts or comments on this debate?

Onasi

Yep... Rock music causes violence in teenagers alright!

If you have enough sense to understand that violent video games are VIDEO GAMES then you should be fine. Just like if you understand that music about killing cops, women, ect, is just music.

I have no doubt in my mind that if you give Bioshock to a little kid then they will be wacked out in the head in the same way that giving him Eugenics would make them a racist.

If you can't deal or know someone who can't deal with the fact that video games are fake then check into a psych hospital.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Yep... Rock music causes violence in teenagers alright!

If you have enough sense to understand that violent video games are VIDEO GAMES then you should be fine. Just like if you understand that music about killing cops, women, ect, is just music.

I have no doubt in my mind that if you give Bioshock to a little kid then they will be wacked out in the head in the same way that giving him Eugenics would make them a racist.

If you can't deal or know someone who can't deal with the fact that video games are fake then check into a psych hospital.

I don't think I've ever met someone who's missed the point of a thread so ingeniously.

Apart from the fact that what you're saying is mostly rubbish. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back