• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

J u i c e

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

frisson

Silver Member
J U I C E
"I-it's vibrations! Wavelengths! On a quantum scale... they, they affect everything, they explain how the Juice exists!"

Year 2196
Earth's united efforts to abate the impending resource crisis has lead mankind beyond the reach of their own solar system in search of mineral rich planets, or, alternatively, an entirely new energy source. The story begins upon the discovery of such an energy source, on a far-off planet known as Agatha, in the nearby solar system of Cygni. Almost invisible due to a heavy electrostatic fog that encapsulates the entire planet, the planet was happened upon by coincidence, or as some have come to believe, divine intervention.

Agatha is approximately twice the size of Jupiter, and appears to consist entirely of an ocean body; a sea of liquid electricity that strangely emits no heat signature. On-board scientists temporarily dubbed the mysterious substance as Amorphous-Plasma-Cousin (a lot of them were Japanese), but was soon known colloquially among the fleet as "Juice". The maximum volume of Juice that was harvested and transported back to Earth was roughly one cubic mile collectively. However, the potency was underestimated, and it was soon discovered that this relatively small capacity was enough to facilitate the entirety of Earth's past energy needs six times over.

Year 2208
It had been a total of twelve years since the Prometheus Fleet had left Earth and their return brought a definitive end to "fuel fear". After the utter nuclear decimation of Korea in the Third World War, the UN imposed a world-wide prohibition on almost all nuclear technologies that extended even to power production plants, which was where Korea had been constructing the majority of their weapons base. Well over 500,000 warheads were collectively dispersed into space (where outlandish rumors soon arose of Martian colonists having retrieved a number to be sold back to countries through the silk veil market). This extreme measure had caused much political unrest over the years that were finally quelled with Prometheus Fleet's return.

There was initial economical instability, what with most countries finding that through the worldwide Juice distribution they no longer needed to buy from other nations, and that things like coal and oil plummeted rapidly in value. But this was soon amended with the rise of new Juice technologies, a growing market with untapped potential that primarily revolved around innovation of existing tech. Juice batteries. Juice vehicles. Juice ammunition. Mankind itched to make a return visit to Agatha, and with the construction of a new fleet things were almost underway.

Year 2209
Agatha was believed to have been totally uninhabited, but a less likely existence had infested its waters and been brought back to Earth. A virus. A highly advanced virus that had lived off the juice parasitically, and now it had been introduced to other lifeforms. It seemed to possess the neural network and literally control the host, driving them into insane fits of violence. Wild animals flooded into cities and attacked pedestrians on the streets, people themselves took arms, worked together and began killing other people. It had escalated to the point that over 60% of the entire world's population had been infected.

Out of the 60% infected, 0.6% overcame the infection through what has been accepted as a threat-to-species reactionary evolution: where the infection was driven out of the subject's body through a sub-conscious neuro-kinetic field. Through the same effect, the subjects began to develop what was quite blatantly psychic powers. These "Espers" were rounded up by each respective nation's military, though it's quite possible some escaped their detection. Those capable of any destructive talents were hastily trained to be used against the infected, hopefully even to drive out the infection if possible, in what had almost become the Fourth World War, or perhaps more appropriately: the First Inter-Species War.

Year 2210
The virus simply stopped. It went dormant. People awoke from a state of stupor with little to no memory of what had happened. The environment might have been a factor, maybe the fact that the virus was no longer feeding on Juice. Nobody knew, and weren't willing to find out. Experiments on the virus were prohibited, instead a worldwide effort focused on finding "post-infected" and removing the virus through MRI-esque machines based on the neuro-kinetic fields produced by the Espers. Some Espers could even remove the virus from others themselves.

Year 2212
A number of nations (unbeknown to one another) began conducting experiments in the hopes of isolating the Esper gene. There have been varying degrees of success.
Nations specifically: America, Russia, Japan, China, Britain and Finland.

Year 2216 (present)
Affluence in Juice, Juice weaponry and the temptation of Esper power has lead China and Finland to form an unlikely alliance against the rest of the world, Russia maintains distance from these events. Past/Future note: China is no longer a communist nation, but has regressed to Imperial Dictatorship under an Emperor Lu Wei.
March 6th
Once more, on the brink of another World War, the virus awakes from dormancy. But things are different this time. While originally the infected amassed into great hordes, there now appears to be a hierarchy in their currently small yet growing population. Some are much more intelligent.

Also, the virus seems to have branched in strain. The majority are infected by a parasitic strain. But a symbiotic strain exists in a 0.1% of infected. These infected retain their minds, yet gain all the beneficial effects of the virus, such as enhanced strength, speed, reflexes and regenerative tissue.

Meanwhile, an autopsy on an infected body conducted by a Russian scientist has revealed something alarming. The virus itself was not of organic origin, but of technological. An advanced bio-technology that seemed to emulate a microscopic organism.

Which means that it was originally created by something else.

Last edited:

frisson

Silver Member
Well yeah, this is basically a roleplay I guess, where you guys can choose from a bunch of crazy roles where some crazy stuff might happen, and with much bigger plot twists still waiting to be revealed. If you can't see the direction things might start off at don't worry, I'll be working that in soon enough once(if) the roleplay starts. At the moment you should be more focused on your own character, as it's one of the few things you need to know. Your character will determine what you can and can't do, who you're friends with, where you might end up, your goal, all that. I've sort of implemented a loose class system in that respect. I'll be adding things as ideas expand, such as Juice weapons (where I only have like basic guns in mind at the moment) and any ideas you can come up with would help, so post them in this thread, as this is the OOC thread and thats the kind of stuff you do in an OOC thread I guess. Anyway, I'll start with classes and then maybe subclasses, and then later I might expand on key nations and how they influence the world of 2216. Add some historic events that I've neglected to mention etc.

And by the way, only one person to each sub-class, unless specified otherwise.

Characters

The Civilian - /Ulti
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Militant
You serve your nation's military in some way.
(I know, I have a very laughable and narrowminded knowledge base when it comes to the military)

Tactician
You are in some position of power in either the army/navy/air force. You make all the tactical decisions and don't actually fight yourself. You gain control of expendable NPCs however, that can fight for you.

The "Example" Leader - Sgt. William Decoverly /Ordeith
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Dogs -four slots for this one-
You're a grunt in whatever squad you're in. But You have spirit. Not to mention awesome Juice weapons.

Pilot -two slots-
You're the ace pilot manning one of the new and very dangerous Juice aircrafts.

Scientist -two slots-
You work for the military further probing the secrets of the espers and trying to develop new Juice weaponry. You have a few secret gadgets yourself just in case things don't go your way.

The Test Subject - Luke Mason /Endgame
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Esper
You resisted the infection. It left a powerful, wracking sensation in your mind that still faintly aches to this very day, and more. You've either been taken in by the military because you accidentally revealed your abilities, or you're in hiding, trying to suppress your abilities and be normal, or maybe you're refining them to become something great. Anyone who isn't an Esper usually fears or dislikes you. Espers have a unique metabolism, you must eat twice as much as an athlete does daily in order to sustain your powers. Espers placed in conditions of starvation were found to age rapidly. Thus it is not unlikely for an Esper to be seen snacking, even in the midst of combat. Though all Espers seem to share the same immunity to the infection, their abilities have deviated into a number of different categories.

The Psychokinetic - Jessica Sanders /Piercing Light
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Pyrokinetic - Anthony Redbridge /MESMAR_RISING
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Telepathic
Tuning into the wavelengths of another person's mind like a radio, you sense others thoughts, feelings and intentions, and maybe even one day... control them. You can also broadcast your thoughts to others.

The Synesthesist - Alex Wei Chiong /Wynn
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Blinker- Dmitri Sokolov /Kiba
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Symbiote
You were infected, and yet... here you are. You don't feel any different, except a hell of a lot more powerful. Who knows what you're going to do now, stir havoc with your strange new abilities? Maybe the military got a hold of you too. Maybe you just want to figure out what's happening to you. Maybe you want to help anyone you can from the Parasites. Your body regenerates. However, if your head is ever disconnected from your body, that's it. You like the taste of Juice. It keeps you strong. But large reserves of Juice are hard to find... luckily pretty much any battery you see these days has Juice, and it's the same stuff that powers all the soldier's weaponry. After consuming enough Juice you discover a talent.

The Recombant - Adrien Langdon /∞
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Juggernaut - Amelia MacBeth /Tenyas
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Chameleon - Louis Laroche /Sepulchre
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Parasite
To be honest I'm not even sure if I want anyone playing a Parasite yet. Mostly everything about them is a major spoiler... so I might just be controlling them myself for now. Essentially, they are a highly advanced bio-technological virus of nanomachines that possess living creatures. The possessed have enhanced strength, speed and reflexes. They have medium speed regenerative abilities. However, an infected will die if the body has been disconnected from the head. A lot of infected are unaccustomed to interpreting the world through our five senses, and so aren't too observant. Only a select few, presumably those who have been infected the longest, seem capable of sentient thought. It is not human. Possessed animals seem to be at a mental/instinctual struggle with the virus and are quite aggressive. Others simply die of aneurysms. The rare human has died in the same manner supposedly in resistance against the virus.

Last edited:

frisson

Silver Member
Weapons
Juice-powered weapons have pretty much replaced all your old weapons, though you get the occasional fanatic or wise-guy who likes to stick to his (classic) guns. Basically, take pre-existing models and replace ammunition with a shrapnel clip. Actual ammunition can be used if you like, but the general premise of Juice-guns is that it's powered by a Juice core that magnetically accelerates projectiles through the chamber at much greater speed and power than a regular gun and with less recoil. So a lot of the time the ammunition doesn't even matter as it tends to become a piping hot mess (lulz) when it's fired. Just so long as it fits into the shrapnel clip and is dense enough and not something stupid like paper or a flower.

Weapon Lock
All military-grade weapons and vehicles are tagged to a certain soldier or squad. This is done through a small identification chip embedded in the soldier's arm or hand that communicates wirelessly with the weapon or vehicle. Alternatively, a dna screening, where small pores on the weapon's grip pick up on things like sweat or skin tissue. They are inoperable otherwise. The bypass is simple enough, if you have the person's blood or some other sufficient dna sample that spans the rough circumference of a hand, or if you have the chip.

Templat e

Name: [realistic names]
Age: [due to medical advances the average man can now live to 140 and woman to 150]
Alignment: [Alignment Information <- Click]
Nationality: [Korea is destroyed but you can be of Korean descent if you really want]
Faction: [UN, Imperial China, Finland, Russia, etc.]
Class:

Appearance:

Personality: [Try to give your characters negative attributes as well as those traits you'd secretly like to have yourself. At least one fear. Base it around your alignment if you really can't think of anything beyond "quiet, brooding, cool and stuff".]

Brief History: [Just to add some flesh. Note "brief"]

Weapon: [as we're still working weapons out, give some suggestions and I'll give you a "yes" or "no".]
Signature move: [if you like. I won't accept anything overpowered.]

Character Themesong:
Battle Themesong:

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
mad cunt? Finally posting in the roleplaying section? What the fuck is this?

((btw I'm intrigued))

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
woooooow this is so freaking awesome i will so watch out for this
can you save me a Front Line Leader position

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Out of all the roles, Civilian sounds more flexible to me. If this even gets off the ground, I'll whip up some quirky journalist who sticks her nose into everything and gets into all sorts of trouble.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
woooooow this is so freaking awesome i will so watch out for this
can you save me a Front Line Leader position
You're going to have to prove you're deserving and/or qualified of such a position, just to let you know.

Also, dibs being a civie.

Sepulchre

Awards
Do you intend to put a limit on civilian entries? I only ask as I am also strongly considering joining as one of them. I've got an interesting idea for a character, too.

Does the RP have a set date yet, or are we still in the preliminary stages?

frisson

Silver Member
Out of all the roles, Civilian sounds more flexible to me. If this even gets off the ground, I'll whip up some quirky journalist who sticks her nose into everything and gets into all sorts of trouble.
To be honest I included civilian with you in mind.

And now that people are expressing interest in it... haha. Maybe I should just limit it to two people then. I need the other roles filled too.

Wynn

Holy shyte. I have a character that I keep somewhere in a .doc file on my laptop that could totally fit in this.

I'll try to dig it up and join if I can. I guess I'll tentatively aim for an Esper role.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
This. Sounds epic. And really really thought out. owo May take up any position that somebody hasn't taken before me if this goes up officially.

Quick question though, are you able to come up with [to an extent] certain technologies that have been developed thanks to the juice power source? I was thinking of the military having much more advanced weaponry then we do now [something to do with armor, more efficient stealth vehicles, and maybe even guns that fire similarly to lazors] and maybe civilians having vehicles similar to some of the smart-cars that've been in development lately. Y'know, just to help with coming up with a better picture of what this time is like.

frisson

Silver Member
Yep that's fine, just run it by me first. It is 2216 after all, I guess.

Eva

~ &#9829;~ Grand Summoner~ &#9829;~
Awards
Um, shouldn't this be in the OOC section? Just asking, 'cuz I'm definitely interested... ^^;;

Ooo Esper Telepathic.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
This is definitely interesting.

I think he wants to gauge who likes it and who doesn't before he posts it... maybe. ^^

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Name: Renn Gurski
Alignment: Neutral good
Nationality: Canadian
Faction: United Nations
Class: Militant, Tactition

Appearance: Renn's Just your average canadian 17yr old, His Hair is a Dark brown and sometimes he puts in blue streaks, He usually wears black Bifocal glasses but when it comes down to fighting he puts on a pair of contacts that make his eyes look blue. His hair is mostly flat and his bangs cover his left eye and his hair is down to the bottom of his neck. His outfit is oldfashioned most times, Being a black t-shirt, Blue jeans, White socks and black sneaksers... and his skin is a soft peachy color. And at times he wears a red hooded jacket when it gets cold.

Personality: His personality is like a nerd's is when he's down, He doesn't want to display emotion at that time and he's antisocial... but he usually perks right up unless he has a good reason to stay mad. He's antisocial but not afraid to raise his hand and ask for help or to ask a question, He's intelligent, always keeping his ears open, and he has a bad sense of sarcasm if you get on his bad side. His view on the events at hand are quite unmeaningful but that could change gradually. But he also tries to keep a low profile so that he can do his job without being watched. He values privacy and his fear lies in when someone or himself gets mad. Because he's a slight pacifist

Brief History: He was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 2199, And his childhood was quite insignificant until he turned 7, His Father was coming home from the lab early but he was infected by the parasite after spilling some
J U I C E on his hand before he left work. His mom Tina had sucessfully created the first Prototype J U I C E pistol. She sucessfully used it to kill him but she ended up dying herself as well... After those events had conspired, Renn was taken in by his grandmother and raised to his current age.

Weapon: J U I C E blade, a basic short sword that the frame and blade is made of Titanium and the handle is wrapped in Smart foam that comforts and contours his hand, usually held in his right hand. There is also a small Juice deposit within the handle that is used to power a laser blade Generator that gives his sword a blue edge of laser energy that is only used as a last resort. activated much like a lightsaber by igniting the juice to power the generator at the touch of a button.
Signature move: Hasn't discovered yet.

Character Themesong: YouTube - P.O.D - Youth Of A Nation Lyrics
Battle Themesong: YouTube - Buckethead-Final Wars

Last edited:

frisson

Silver Member
You might want to fix that post up a bit. I'll also be editing accepted bios into the front page. I'm not accepting bios at the moment. You can still post them but.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I demand to be the only Civilian because I know anyone else will try to make a hot shot/cliche character. Besides, every other role should be filled first because they are more important :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back