• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► J.K Rowling's The Casual Vacancy & Harry Potter Encyclopedia confirmed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
J.K Rowling confirms Potter Encyclopedia

Gah seemed stupid to make two separate threads for these, I figured there isn't really that much to discuss concerning the encyclopdia to warrant a full discussion, if anything this'll just carry over to the Harry Potter thread

J.K Rowling said:
"For a long time I have been promising an encyclopaedia of Harry's world, and I have started work on this now – some of it forms the new content in Pottermore. It is likely to be a time-consuming job, but when finished I shall donate all royalties to charity."

God this woman is such an inspiration and such a kind soul. I can't even imagine the amount of money she'll be donating ;3;

ANYWAY! YES POTTER ENCYCLOPEDIA. BOOK BETTER BE FAT AS kupo. I swear to god if it's like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which was, idk, like 80 pages? I'll be so disappointed.

J.K Rowling's new novel--The Casual Vacancy

The Casual Vacancy

Release Date: September 27th

"When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.
Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty facade is a town at war.
Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is not what it first seems.
And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?"

The book is described as

Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

I will read this, solely because it is J.K Rowling, but I'm having--unfortunately, I really hate to admit it--trouble deciding whether the synopsis intentionally sounds quirky or whether because I know it's J.K Rowling that is sounds quirky like a Harry Potter book.

ANYWAY HOORAY

Marly

Awards
b-but my op is so much prettier ;~; sorry ethylove, i had forgotten my khi etiquette of searching for threads :( you must forgive me, it's been ages since i've made a thread

my op is still way awesomer though just saying

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
b-but my op is so much prettier ;~; sorry ethylove, i had forgotten my khi etiquette of searching for threads :( you must forgive me, it's been ages since i've made a thread

my op is still way awesomer though just saying

I do have to agree your OP is smashing but i had it first c:

I am excited for the encyclopedia! And I'll read her new book, but I'm going to keep my expectations low and not touch a HP book until that book is out so I don't try and compare the content and writing style too much

Marly

Awards
word to the not so wise ethydoll, italics makes every thread look fancier ;)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
ASDFHJKL~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse me, for I have just died.

Dark Drive

Awards
I doubt that the Encyclopaedia will be that short. It would expect it to be maybe as big as one of the Doctor Who ones...but not an Alphabetical Dictionary that made me to bored to go through it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I doubt that the Encyclopaedia will be that short. It would expect it to be maybe as big as one of the Doctor Who ones...but not an Alphabetical Dictionary that made me to bored to go through it.
I think it will be sorted into categories."Magical Creatures"
"Wand Lore"
"Spells"
"Hogwarts: A History" etc.

Dark Drive

Awards
Yeah. But i'm just thinking......The Size....It might be maybe a Hardcover.....but kinda A2-ish size, or it would be a 45 Book, half paper-back....like that cardboardish paper-back style, and is rather thick.

Either way, i'm sure it'll be big.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
bigbook.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back