• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I've got no sense of fashion at all.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
I'm making a similiar thread that Gildragon made a while ago.

I figured it's about time I'll update my wardrobe, but I have no idea what to buy.. I don't really have any style and I have no idea what style suits me the best. Only thingg I know is that blue is my color.

I have long blonde hair, green/blue eyes and my skin is very pale, hard to get it tanned. My figure, I guess it's kinda hourglassy, tiny waist, but huge tighs :/

I'm also a short person, and a girl. And I'm 21 years old.

So do any of you out there have any fashion tips.

Last edited:

Rix

Awards
My gender icon says female.

Yeah, I am a female.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Are you now. :>

Wear a bikini. It will all work out plus its also summertime.

(ps i've been using an admin template that makes some postbits i.e. gender invisible. sploops!)

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I was watching Gok Wan's How to Look Good Naked earlier today and I picked up a few tips. You really need to know your body type for starters. You say you're an hourglass but you could be apple- or pear-shaped. Posting your exact height could help.

This will help you find your body shape but you have to look at your body from a non-personal point of view to get the right shape: Trinny and Susannah reveal 12 women's body types - which are you? | Mail Online.

Rix

Awards
Are you now. :>

Wear a bikini. It will all work out plus its also summertime.

(ps i've been using an admin template that makes some postbits i.e. gender invisible. sploops!)
Oh you <3

I was watching Gok Wan's How to Look Good Naked earlier today and I picked up a few tips. You really need to know your body type for starters. You say you're an hourglass but you could be apple- or pear-shaped. Posting your exact height could help.

This will help you find your body shape but you have to look at your body from a non-personal point of view to get the right shape: Trinny and Susannah reveal 12 women's body types - which are you? | Mail Online.

Yeah. Don't really feel like I'm an hourglass either, but that was athe bodyshape I knew about that was closest I think. It's still hard to say after the link you posted. Maybe I'm more a vase.

I'm also 1.63 metres tall.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Yeah. Don't really feel like I'm an hourglass either, but that was athe bodyshape I knew about that was closest I think. It's still hard to say after the link you posted. Maybe I'm more a vase.

I think you're definitely an hourglass, after seeing the most recent photo in the Post Your Picture -thread.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Well, from what you've said, you feel like you have a small waist and huge thighs. Of course I think you're overcriticising yourself since all girls see themselves disproportionatelly, but I'd suggest wearing belts that go around your waist. They draw attention to it and balance you out. As Gok says, you have to work with your shape, not against it.

If you're a vase, you need to accentuate your curves. Tuck your waist in with a belt to show it off, and wear v-cut shirts without showing off too much cleavage, or a square-cut top. Forgo skinny jeans and go for a straight cut. Three-quarter sleeves will look great on you. Make sure to draw attention to other areas such as wrists and hands.

Style's important but it will look bad on you if you don't use the right cuts. Keep that in mind.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
blonde hair, green/blue eyes and my skin is very pale

Wear light colors, colorful schemes and "spring"-ish clothing. Forever 21 is a store that has nice outfits like that (Aeropostale, Buckle, and Pacsun maybe too) Don't go too pre-teeny and look like a 13-year-old Hannah Montana fan; just wear nice, cheerful colors or clothing, I'd say. Try not to wear "all-black" unless an occasion calls for it.

Too many light-skinned/haired people go the opposite and wear dark, gothic clothing and it's very odd-looking in my opinion.

I don't really know what you look like so I'm not 100% sure, but I think something like that might help.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Maybe you should just post a picture of yourself.

I mean, besides your face.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Maybe you should just post a picture of yourself.

I mean, besides your face.

fortunately she seems to have recently posted one

[IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61/Rixam/DSC02072.jpg[/IMG]

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Mari, you have an absolutely beautiful figure. Sorry for keeping linking you everywhere but I just remembered that Gok Wan has his own shape finder and respective dressing recommendations online. It'll give three diagrams for your chest, shoulders, waist, breasts and thighs and ask about skin and hair condition and then it gives you a body shape with recommendations for jackets, coats, tops, dresses, trousers, jeans, skirts, accessories, skin and hair, and shows you which celebrities have the same body shape. Seriously, it's really good. If you're stuck for fashion, I suggest watching his shows, How to Look Good Naked and Gok's Fashion Fix. He appreciates every woman for her body shape and works with what she's got unlike some 'fashion experts' who try to cover what you've got.

Channel4.com/Gok’s Style Consultation

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
With that type of figure you could probably pull off some nice dresses. Just wear a belt with it, or some type of accessory to pull the waist in.

I said this to Gildragon (but he refused because he's a tight-arse) when he was asking for tips, but you shouldn't be afraid to spend a little more to look good. This is your appearance we're talking about. Now I'm not saying you should break the bank, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to look at some of the up-market stores to see what they have to offer.

And take a look at some fashion catalogues. They're always a good way to check out what's in, and if you like it and think you'd look good in it - try it out.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I said this to Gildragon (but he refused because he's a tight-arse) when he was asking for tips, but you shouldn't be afraid to spend a little more to look good. This is your appearance we're talking about. Now I'm not saying you should break the bank, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to look at some of the up-market stores to see what they have to offer.

To expand on this with my own opinion, I think it's better to buy 1-2 moderately pricey outfits you really like and know you will wear because they look great on you, then 5-6 cheaper outfits.

Awards
ditch the flare jeans and get some skinny's

even if you have large thighs (which you don't by any means) you can still pull off skinny jeans. people usually just feel self-conscious about them because they're tight (duh)

but otherwise go with stooge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back