• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I've got a tough choice to make with this one

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
As we all know, 2017 is an insane year for gaming, and while that's great, that also came with the knowledge that I was going to have to make some choices.

I can't afford more than one game a month, and money being how it is right now even that might change until,summer rolls around. I've come to find that both 2.8 and Yakuza 0 are coming out the same day, and I just can't swing both.

I've been preordering Kingdom Hearts games ever since Chain of Memories. The first game blew me away. I have every release of the series so far, and I'm pretty proud of that. And now with 2.8 not only are we getting Dream Drop on PS4, but new content as well.

But then there's Yakuza 0. Man, Yakuza is such an underrated series. The storytelling in these games is just something else. Whereas anothe Kingdom Hearts game releasing in America goes without saying, fans of Yakuza have almost always had to wait on the edge of their seats between games to find out if the next entry would hit our shores.

While child me is screaming to go for Kingdom Hearts, because I always have, the me of the now is telling me that Yakuza needs the support more. They are both such fun series dating back to the PS2, and while nostalgia is always on KH's side, I think I'm probably going to him with Yakuza. (now I just have to decide for sure before the day comes around and Amazon charges me for both and I can't eat)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What do you think you're going to get more enjoyment out of? If equal, which game is more content heavy? Weighing up the pros and cons might make the decision easier.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I feel like we can't really judge that. You should really think about it - which of those two would you enjoy playing first? (I guess you will be able to buy something in February as well? You could buy the other game then)..
Don't really know. You should also think about spoilers - which game would be ruined for you more if you'd get spoiled?

Weighing up the pros and cons might make the decision easier.
^

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Maybe also consider which spoilers are easier to avoid? You can get both games, just not on release, leave the other one for the next month. I understand the struggle, I'm honestly really tempted to get the new Nier, but for me the budget for games is much tighter, a full priced PS4 game... I wouldn't want to buy more than 1 a year, maybe 2 max. 2.8 is still a given, but it's hard to choose what the other one will be.

Max

Staff member
Awards
What do you think you're going to get more enjoyment out of? If equal, which game is more content heavy? Weighing up the pros and cons might make the decision easier.

I enjoy them for different reasons, so that's a little hard to say, but honestly Yakuza probably has way more content. It's an open world game with sidequests that actually have substance and tons of extras like bowling, baseball, poker, pool, etc.

I really am looking forward to the new content in 2.8 like 0.2 and X Back Cover, but at the same time I feel like those will be over before I know it.

Honestly I'd probably get way more time out of Yakuza when I think about how short the new KH stuff is actually going to be, because I've already played Dream Drop.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If Yakuza's what you're more bent on, go with it.
I don't know the series well, but I do know KH can wait, logically speaking.
Who knows, you might be that one lucky guy who gets 2.8 and KH III around the same time eventually.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Spoilers aren't a huge issue for either I don't feel like. I've never been spoiled on KH, that one's pretty easy to dodge (unlike FF), and with Yakuza spoilers have just never been an issue, I only know one other fan.

But yeah, I think I'm leaning more towards Yakuza. I'm not going to decide right this very minute, I still have time, but thinking about it it's a whole new game compared to a game I've already play and then two smaller titles, I guess it just makes more sense.

@Muke: Probs won't grab a game in February, I don't want to end up living paycheck to paycheck because I keep buying games. I'm honestly lucky Persona got delayed. I think I've reached that slowdown point in my life where I need to start saving money like a grown up instead spending whatever excess I have on games and books. I'm graduating college this semester, so yeah.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Find someone who gets one of them digitally and ask them to share the game xD

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wait is that possible? Cuz I'll probably be getting KH digitally anyway and wouldn't mind sharing it with my boy Max.
Yeah, me and Void did that. :D
But you gotta give him all the data - password and email, otherwise it's not working.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
And you can't be online on the same account at the same time. If you log out you have like 1 hour you can play before the game closes (only the person who isnt using the main console for that account, so Max in this case. The other should be free to play offline as long as they want).
It worked fine for us so there shouldn't be a problem.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Get both anyway. Do it, you won't.

Don't do that. Don't do that man.

Wait is that possible? Cuz I'll probably be getting KH digitally anyway and wouldn't mind sharing it with my boy Max.

But wow, yeah I appreciate that. You're the real MVP dude. We can message each other further about the details, but I wouldn't mind sharing my stuff with you as well.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My advice, sell games that you don't need on eBay. The money you make out of them will be able to get you enough cash for either Yakuza 0 or Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

In terms of priority, honestly, I'd stress that you get Yakuza 0 first. Sega is really going all out with localising this franchise so it's only fair that we return that investment. Kingdom Hearts on the other hand will hit its sales targets no problem because it's a high profile franchise. At the end of the day, it's your choice. This is coming from someone who's getting both games.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I was in a similar situation to yours a week or two ago. Resident Evil 7 and KH2.8 both come out on the same day. I want both really badly, but considering that KH is my favorite video game franchise, I decided to go with that one. I can always get RE7 at a later date and, knowing places like GameStop, it might even get a small price drop in the next month or two.

It certainly sounds like Yakuza is a franchise that you are going to get more out of, so I would go with that. Plus, while KH isn't exactly AAA or anything, it's more recognizable here in the west and is probably guaranteed to get better sales, so Yakuza needs all the support it can get. You can always get 2.8 later, and you can watch any important story content on YouTube in the meantime if you don't mind finding out that information before hand.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I appreciate everyone's responses and advice. I am going to go with Yakuza 0, it makes the most sense to me at this point. Thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back