• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I've got a crush on my childhood friend.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
My friend and I have known each other ever since first grade. Our friendship didn't really begin as "friendship", but we started to grow closer during our freshman year. Now that we're almost seniors, I had realized that I've grown feelings for him.

I get those butterflies in my stomach whenever we're alone, and secretly I want to jump around in joy. I try to tease him in that friendly manner I used to do, but now whenever we touch I feel my heart skip a beat. All that miscellaneous things portraying a teenager crushing on someone of the same age group, pummeling onto my mind screaming that they want to get out. //corny

I've been thinking whether or not I should tell him these feelings, and I keep on thinking that confessing would only ruin our relationship as friends. Thing is, I don't want to keep these feelings in for the rest of my life.

I already asked advice from another friend, and she said that I shouldn't tell him my feelings. But none the less, I want to know what you guys think.

What should I do?

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Honestly, what could it really hurt? Do you think, if he said no, that there would be harsh backlash? If so, don't do it. Let it go.

If not, then there's nothing to lose. Go for it. Honestly, I say go for it either way, you never know where it could end up, and it's always worth a try, even if it fails.

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
Honestly, what could it really hurt? Do you think, if he said no, that there would be harsh backlash?

It could make things really awkward between us. We're both inexperienced in these sort of things, and shrugging something off like a confession's pretty difficult. Sure, we could talk and stuff... But it wouldn't be the same and maybe we'd drift apart.

Though honestly maybe I'm just over thinking things and being a bit too paranoid, but you never know.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
If you are indecisive and unsure of yourself in this area every time it comes up, you'll never get anything done. That is a defeatist attitude. Go for it, and whatever happens, happens. You're still young, you'll recover. If you were 55 and all alone, you might have cause to worry, but you're just a kid. Plenty of time to f*ck up and make mistakes.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I say that if you really like him then you should probably tell him. But if you don't want to lose what you have now, or put it at risk you can let it go. It all comes down to what you want out of your relationship. Personally I say it couldn't hurt to drop him a hint or just sit him down and tell him how you feel but like it was said before, you're young and have your life ahead of you. It can't hurt to take a little risk.

O

Oberon

The great thing about having a crush with someone you're already so close to is that it's easier. Because you guys presumably can talk to each other pretty easily, telling him how you feel might actually be a good thing.

If you're worried about compromising your friendship, what I'd do is sit him down and tell him how you feel about him, but don't put any strings on anything. Just get it out there that you have feelings for him. And talk to him about it. I imagine the last thing he'd do is just throw you to the curb. Keep the information honest, and try not to sugar coat anything. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back