• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I've Discovered A Connection Between Ff Vs. 13 And Kh2's Secret Video!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed-Man

Master of Zorp!
Nomura DOES have a lot of creative control for Versus. In a Japanese interview, the directors of the Final Fantasy 13 games discussed their control. S-E gave them FULL CONTROL over the projects. They have ONE rule to follow: The basic mythology of the games must involve the crystals. (which makes sense , as the projects are collectively called Fabula Nova Crystallis,roughly translated as New Tale of the Crystal) Versus 13 is expected to go in a direction never before seen in aFinal Fantasy. Versus in Latin means, roughly, "to change direction."

On a sidenote: the Final Fantasy 13 games are expected to shatter everything we know about how a FF game plays, according to the makers. According to them, when people play the game, they will wonder if this is really Final Fantasy that they are playing.

Codina

Ok about the swords thing thats like saying the tires of a porsche and an acura are similar so they must be the same about the same car.

About the whole director having exclusive creative control over everything involved in the game I would just like to point out Hideo Kojima. Just putting it out there.

Ed-Man

Master of Zorp!
Codina said:
Ok about the swords thing thats like saying the tires of a porsche and an acura are similar so they must be the same about the same car.

About the whole director having exclusive creative control over everything involved in the game I would just like to point out Hideo Kojima. Just putting it out there.

I know Directors getting full control isn't a new thing, but a person earlier didn't believe me when I said S-E was giving their directors full control this time around.

Ed-Man

Master of Zorp!
Sorry to double post, but I found some details that may support my theory.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710761p1.html

In this interview, Nomura states that they haven't even started scenario work on Versus 13 yet. HOWEVER, it then says that he already has the plot worked out, and has had it worked out for some time. This means he probably had his ideas for Versus 13 while working on KH2. He very well could make a connection in the games.I don't think there is definetely going to be a connection, but I believe it is a good possibility. Refusing the fact that it is quite possible is, frankly, denial.There may be no connection, but the proof points that there COULD be one.

Edit: This also means Nomura did come up with the plot, so he DOES have creative control. Ed-Man wasn't wrong on that one, was he? HA HA!

(sorry, but vengeance really is kinda nice)

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
This reminds me when i tried ot find a connection between Dragon Quest and Dragonball Z..XD...(which I only found one Akira Toriyama....that was it)

^^Keep fighting Ed-Man even though I dont support the idea of this connection I still think you have valid points to go on..(even though others also have good points I just think your holding your on very nicely and giving valid reasons for them)

**I should use my pics again..lol

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Nomura comes up with BASIC idea's for plots. All the in-depth plot development is done by people like Nojima and teams of writers. Nomura says 'Okay, the ending has to be like this, and I think a scene like this would be cool, put that in the game, k?' and then Nojima and others get to work

Whether there is some sort of small connection between KH3 and FFv13, the point is that it any connection you are hoping for are completely pointless and insignifigant

It's not like there's going to be any kind of huge spoiler or hidden message connecting them, things like swords looking like keyblades would be insignifigant as cameo appearances by FF characters

Ed-Man

Master of Zorp!
Earlier you were saying that there would be no connection. Now, you say there might be one, but it would be small and insignificant. What happened to "no chance of a connection?" Can you say hypocrite?

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
No, see a hypocrit is someone who looks down upon someone or something for certain reasons, yet at the same time does these things himself

Example, I would be a hypocrit if I made fun of the boy down the street for liking finger painting and playing with his sisters easy-bake oven, if too had an easy-bake oven in which I finger-painted on

Now see, the 'connection' that I was denying was possible in previous statements is not the kind of connection you think there is. I denied that there would be any connection that actually mattered, which none of these do.

There is absolutely nothing signifigant in the slightest about a bunch of swords looking like broken down keyblades in the KH2 secret video, which is why I don't think there is any real 'connection' here because none of them outright look the same, and it doesn't matter

As stated before, comparing the blades surrounding that guy and the keyblades in the secret video and saying they look alike would be like saying a Corvette and a Ferari look the same because they're both fancy cars

Ed-Man

Master of Zorp!
There COULD be a connection. As long as reasonable evidence is given that there may be a connection, you shouldn't just write it off. While Nomura was busy working on KH2, he was developing a basic plot for Versus 13. He could easily have decided to use a few connections. He might not use a single connection, but there is some evidence that he MIGHT. Don't write something off that you can't seem to comprehend.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I'm not writing off that there would be insignifigant connections, I'm writing off that there would be anything important

Little SOra plushie int he background, or on some dudes desk? Insignifigant. Someone saying 'Ahyuck' at some point in FFx13? Insignifigant. There being a picture of a heart-shaped moon somewhere hanging on a wall? Insignifigant. Swo0rds surrounding a guy that have a miniscule resemblance to Keyblades that we barely got a look at anyway? Insignifigant

The point is that any connections you are talking about are pointless and don't even matter, so why bother even speculating or making a big deal about it?

There won't be any deep-seeded KH3 hint in FFv13, or any secret peice of some mystery in KH3 that can only be solved by playing FFv13, or that guy in the picture turns out to be the main villain in KH3. So to me, there is no 'connection' between KH3 and FFv13, because a 'connection' between games to me involves being something important

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I beleive in theories being made when there's proof that the thing you are making theories on exists

Such as waiting to make KH3 theories until we actually know there's going to be another game, instead of wasting time analyzing things on something that could never happen

Ed-Man

Master of Zorp!
There will probably be KH3. The general rule for games is: if it sells well, make a sequel. KH2 was #1 in the best selling charts in March and April, and it was the #2 best seller in May.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Would you rather blind yourself into beleiving that another game will be made on false assumptions, or would you rather be cautious and wait for confirmation, or alteast wait until Nomura isn't working on other games

The games not even out in the rest of the world, American sales aren't going to influence them alone, you need worldwide sales

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm kinda surprised this thread is still going! Like TheMuffinMan said, even if there are some connections, they'd be insignificant. Even then, they'd be more like Easter eggs than a story connection. Again, theories are nice, but have a bit more proof than what you've got. I mean, come on, the two games that you're talking about having a connection won't even be out for a couple of years. At least with most of the theories clogging up these forums' arteries have something to go on from a game that's been released. Just wait for more information before you begin speculating, OK?

iseedisneyppl911

Website
www.myspace.com
I just think that those swords look more like powertools........ and foreign objects. And in the pic with that guy sitting like Sora.... hmmm pretty hott =D I don't think that there is any connection =/ Like Kawaii said, Nomura just probably ran out of ideas... He's probably always getting a little insperation from his past works...

Ed-Man

Master of Zorp!
Those weapons being in 2 games is probably more evidence than any other theory has right now. S-E has revealed NOTHING about KH3 since the secret vid, but the weapons DO have a similarity. It could be a coincidence, but it might not be one.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Saying that is like knida like saying Denzel is Roxas' son, just because they look similar or that FFX and Advent Children are connected because Lulu and one of the children in AC both carry moogle dolls around. You see, people can look on the past for inspiration. There is no way that just similarities are better evidence than what most thoeries have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back