• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► itt HELP ME YOU ASSHOLES

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
So, uh, I know this is the social help and support section, but since emotions are for losers and I'm incredibly popular, I'm gonna ask for help with something kind of similar. But, uh, not really.

I've been writing songs, lately. I'm fairly good at it, too. I even got into a band based solely on my ability to write lyrics and nothing else (which'll probably come to bite the other members back in the ass eventually). That's all well and good and whatever, but I've been noticing more and more lately that I've been unable to finish songs. I'll write a line or two, something amazing that'll just come out of nowhere, but then after that I'll have no idea where to go from there. So now, I'm turning to all you decent people out there to help me, uh, cultivate what little snippits I have ready. Or something. Idk, this all sounded a lot more reasonable in my head lol.

Also, I'm not posting this in OC cause no one like ever posts in there lol

Anyways, I'm just gonna post some lines and I want some comments dammit. Also, uh, if I could have any advice on finding motivation, that would be awesome too. Thanks guys.

So, uh, first the ones where I have like almost nothing for.

Enough with this ****ing canon fodder
Don’t you think it’s about time for a new world order?
(I love this one lol ._.)

-----
We should go out dancing
I don’t care who’s watching
I don’t care that you’re not as pretty as me

-----
What if the machines struck back?
What if they all attacked?
And the front lines were all stained with blood and oil and our tears

And then these I've made more progress on, but I'm still totally stuck on them lol ._.

Some of these have titles, btw.

THE DRUGS AREN'T DOING MUCH
Prove to me that you’re a human being too
Maybe then I can trust you
You’re a better one than I
[But I’m a monster first
And a man second] x3
Don’t get your hopes too high

All your drugs aren’t doing much
I still can’t stand the way you look at me
Why am I always in your eyes?
[I don’t speak your language
I don’t speak in tongues] x3
I’m as good a Christian as ever.

-----
Poetics spilling from my lips
Like antibiotics from her purse to her hips
I feel like sometimes I should say something to her
But mostly because I’ve got nothing better
To do with my time

-----
SIRENS SIRENS
Have I been hearing thunder?
Ripping down our silly suburban street
I could feel the rumbling through my feet
And we would dance all night in the pounding rain glistening and glowing as red as wine
And in the half-light damn you looked fine

----
GO AWAY
I don’t wanna know your name
I don’t wanna know how you walk home all alone
I don’t care that we’re the same
I don’t care how much you’ve grown
You’re still just a bad memory
You’re still just a missed opportunity

Stop following me around
Stop begging me to see the good in you

-----

So, uh, go for it.

k.h.master41

AHA!
So you too are also failing music!
& i'm guessing you write Rock lyrics right?
I'm not going to judge your lyrics, mostly because the idea of the sound behind them is mine. & btw it's awesome I can actually hear sound behind unknown lyrics again!
But anyway good luck, your on your way, & i'm going back to sleep now. =]

T

Tyler Durden

I've actually been having the same trouble lately, Dorian. I can come up with a hook or a chorus, but can't keep going from there. Since I've noticed this problem, I tried quite a few things to make it, well, go away. What I found is probably going to suck for you. ;.;

I had to stop listening to music for at least a couple of hours before I could finish my songs, or else everything I wrote would end up being someone else's beat or lyrics of whatever; going through the checklist of 'has this been done before?' made me not finish the song at all.

So, I would have to recommend putting the radio/iPod/computer away, if you want to finish these.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Try and find a theme of metaphors, like, um ... have you heard Doorman's Placebo by At the Drive-In? It uses the theme of sound/engineering:

"Chances are you've heard this
But your headphones mute your equilibrium
Hearing tests the mattress hit the mistress fooled
But nothing ever felt this good"
"Wake you up and shake you
But your motor skills still speak in slurs"
"Will your ears ring the tetinitus chorus goes?
Will the decibels work as bifocals?"
"Don't change your tune
In hearing tests again"

Something like that? Or maybe do some spoken word verses, like Nick Cave or John Cale. Trash Palace do this too, but it's mostly broken up by orgasm sounds lol.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
There's no harm in keeping all these in a notebook, then just going back and adding when you feel more inspired. Over time, you'll flesh the songs out.

Or you could take what you already have, and just brainstorm. For example, for the first snippet, pick the the phrase "New World Order" and think of everything you can associate with that. This way, the songs will have strong themes running throughout, and should make them more coherent, binding the song together.

Do you actually want us to comment on the lines themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back