• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

It's time to talk about how fun. this band is.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Fun. is a band formed by Nate Ruess (formerly of The Format) and a few other dudes from some other bands I haven't heard of. After listening to The Format for a while and thinking how much it sucked that they broke up, I heard of Nate's new band and finally got their album Aim and Ignite a few days ago. Despite the Format breaking up, this album still sounds a lot like them and, as such, is pretty fantastic.

fun. [ITUNES BONUS TRACK ADDED] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Be Calm

Benson Hedges

Most, if not all, the album is up on Youtube, so I won't bother linking more.

People who might also like fun.
Ty maybe
too lazy to finish this list

They're coming here with Taking Back Sunday, but I can't go. :/

Haven't heard Aim and Ignite yet, but the one song I just listened to was pretty awesome.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
There playing show at the House of Blues in 2 weeks.

I'll probably go if this cd is enjoyable. Still trying to find a vaild torrent.

Shit, tickets sold out.

Im shit out of luck. Hate how HOB always sells out

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
I fell in love with Be Calm and then downloaded the album. Yet to listen though.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Im pissed that there shows have sold out again for a show 3 months in advance.

Yeah, they start touring with Jack's Mannequin and Vedera, both bands I also like pretty well, in February. I'm kinda surprised to hear they sold out so soon. I want to see them so badly, but the only stops in Texas are San Antonio and Dallas and not in Austin, so I don't know if I can make it. Seriously, how do you tour through Texas and pass up the Live Music Capital of the World? Dammit :|

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So, before fun. has even started their tour with Jack's Mannequin and Vedera, Hayley Williams announced that Paramore will be touring with fun. (as well as Relient K) on their Spring tour. They had damn well make a stop in Austin or I'm gonna turn into a little girl bitch.

That said, fun. also released the demo version of I Wanna Be The One, used as motivation for fans to vote for their All The Pretty Girls video on MTVU, which they won. Here's the link for anyone interested:

nettwerkmusicgroup - fun. - I Wanna Be The One (Demo) - SoundCloud

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Re: fun.

fun. is like an underwhelming version of the Format.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

I actually just started listening to them yesterday. And, found the original thread for this that Vandread made... in which Paolo posted the same lyric. D=

I'm liking them, but I'm unsure as to whether they'll remain a 'hey, I like them right now but I'll forget about them next month' band, or if they'll become a staple of my 'listening experience'.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

fun. is like an underwhelming version of the Format.

Really? I've never gotten an underwhelming impression from them at all :x

I'm liking them, but I'm unsure as to whether they'll remain a 'hey, I like them right now but I'll forget about them next month' band, or if they'll become a staple of my 'listening experience'.

Definitely a case of the latter for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back