• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► it's so hot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
i used to live in Panama City, Florida and the heat was tough to live in, so air conditioning is of course a necessity. The only thing that made the heat more unbearable was the humidity, but in time you adjust to those temperatures. I lived in Florida for quite some time so i got used to the heat and the humidity, however good hygiene needed to be nurtured more often. When i moved down to Washington State the atmosphere was different, and i've lived here for so long now, that the heat i used to be able to handle, is unbearable. :(

Me and my girlfriend are still deciding on plans to live together. Sigh, i figure after my enlistment with the Navy we'll get an apartment together, and figure out things from there

krexia

Translator
Awards
I actually just ended up sleeping naked without a duvet.
You were trying to sleep with a duvet in summer?? Mine's been packed away until November. Japan's solution to super-humid summer nights is the "towelket" - basically a blanket-sized towel, ideal for muggy, sweaty conditions.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Well, to be fair, it usually gets quite cold at night during summer over here so I always sleep with a duvet like anybody else would. In fact, I hardly ever sleep without it, but when hot days come - be them in any season - I end up kicking the duvet off.

I don't mind sleeping without it, but my mattress is just a bit uncomfortable to lie on without the duvet for cushioning.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
all you niggas would be fucked if you lived in Australia. shit gets real hot over here. on a cool summer day you're looking at low 30's + humidity since summer is the storm season. and i live on the east coast. it'd be even hotter in the alice.

but then again, right now it's winter here and it's way too fucking cold for me. wanna trade seasons, sol?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
its not so bad now, temp is 24C/75F and 47% humidity and wind is 12mph

and i sprayed my arms with water

but last night fffffffffff

i would sell my soul if it gets any worse than that

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
16 degrees centigrade? That's hot in your opinion? D:

We had fukken 30 here. And Finland's supposed to be a cold country.
16 is freezing compared to that.

Fuck, 30?

That sounds... uncomfortable, at the least...

It got colder today.

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b
My chemistry teacher says if it gets hot in your house, you should maybe leave your windows open at night to let the cold air in and in the morning close them.

I think it may increase the chance of burglars and rapists/perverts into your house, but it might work; it gets cold at night and since temperature is just the movement of molecules, that means the hot air (molecules moving) goes to the place where there is more space (slow-moving particles=more space not used): outside. When you close the windows in the morning, when the particles are moved by sunlight, etc., those fast-moving particles have a more difficult time getting in and heating up the place.

Last edited:
Awards
Website
sites.google.com
You kids need to come to texas.

Where I'm at, we're having temperatures in the 90s (fahrenheit of course), with about 70-80% humidity.

edit: Dogen, I feel your pain. I've had the AC broken in the summer too, sucks nuts.

Fortissimo

It was 89 degrees today and what felt like 60% humidity. Fortunately, I have a pool, but it was super fucking cold. Had to decide to either stay in and freeze, or get out and boil, so I stayed. Its 75 out now, still really humid and the rest of the week is going to be in the mid 80's with high humidity. Buh

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Currently it's 23 celsius here (74 fahrenheit). It can get fairly cold in the winter (I recall that temperatures were sub-zero during one winter), but generally the temperature never really drops below 10 C and most of the time it's around 17-30 C. And I live in a relatively cold part of the country. If you go to the eastern shore where I was at a week ago, it's pretty much summer all year long.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I'm freaking dying in my house.
It's 89 degrees in here and my room has got to be 92. Even with a fan and the windows open D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back