• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► It's gotten even worse...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tailing Ichigo, following his many exploits!
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
Hey everyone.
Ok, does anybody remember my previous thread about my friend?

http://forums.khinsider.com/help-support/79096-how-help-friend.html

For those who have previously helped out, you all know [or should remember, hopefully] her name was Ruth. If you don't know the story, or have forgotten, just re-read the thread in the link i added aswell.

Ok, she has gotten in way to deep. She has dumped her old bf, [the one in the previous thread] and was so sad and depressed because she was forced and also it was given advice from you guys, me, and our friends. Eventually, she was able to put him aside, but her depression remained. Her ex bf came and asked her out again [and pretty much took advantage].

She dumped him, but in a light way [she is a nice person, that's who she is]. So, a couple of days after that, another guy comes along, [this time one of my good friends, he's alright] and asks her out. She says yes, but just because her mouth reacted before her brain could even think about it.

He really loves her, and he isn't like her past 2 exes, and he really does care for her. Anyhow, he put on his Bebo page [sort of like MySpace] that he love's her alot. Ruth's older sister, checking on Ruth's friends on Bebo, finds this page, and is forced to tell their mother about it. Her mom has a break down and starts crying. Everytime Ruth attempts to come near her, or comes into the same room with her, her mom would just get up and walk away. Ruth even told me that her mom herself said she is beginning to dislike the person she is 'becoming'.

Life at home now to her is unbearable, and she simply takes sleeping pills to past through the rest of the day after school. She no longer sits to eat with her parents, and she's had to dump [yet again] her new bf. Her mom no longer is wanting to move her out of school. Now she would like her to be Home Schooled.

She is in a really depressed state, and there is nothing we could possibly do at this point...we don't know what to do, and how to help her. So if anyone has any advice?

Morning Twilight

Ok, as her friend you really have to be the good voice for her. We all have this voice inside that tells us we're ugly, or worthless or w/e. You have to be the voice that tells her that she is truly good, she is of value, she's beautiful, she is strong. You have to give her hope, and when people are depressed, it's because they don't want to beleive the voice that they hear inside themselves, but they have to beleive it because it's all that seems true to them. As her friend, your most important job is to just get her to beleive she's good.

For her, she needs to start believing that. I know that whenever i was depressed all i wanted to hear was that i truly was good, this depression wasn't the real me, i am strong, i am courageous, i am something of value. And unless she starts thinking about it and trying to beleive it, she'll just keep getting worse. If all else fails, try to get her to talk to someone who knows depression and has gotten out of it. I'm always able to be contacted at www.freewebs.com/helmofsalvation. I am the founder of it so i check it often.

With boys, ur friend needs to just really cool it, no relationships for a while. Although this may be hard at times, trust me. It makes things a lot easier and a lot faster. And about her mom, she needs to talk with her and say that if she is to get better she really just needs positive support, because that is the greatest weapon against depression.

T

Tyler Durden

What the hell? Why is her Mom mad that some boy loves her daughter? Sounds like a GREAT mother. =/ And yes, that was sarcasm.

Tailing Ichigo, following his many exploits!
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
I know that it's weird for her mom to just cry after hearing she has another bf, but the past events when she went out with the guy from the previous thread, pretty much screwed her life over. She's been telling lie, after lie, after lie, and even brought the teacher into her lies. Eventually the teacher found out and wasn't happy about it, and was forced [also forced yet again] to tell her parents. Ruth's become pretty much distant with her mom, and i guess that's what made her break down again. Somethings i may not get =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back