• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Issues

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

navyninja87

Okay my friend of a long time has this boyfriend who expects her to drop everything for him, even when she's on the phone with me. I have no idea what to do...I don't want to lose her friendship but I'm tired of being undervalued. I told her if this keeps up, she's losing a good friend. I'm fed up to the point I want to cry! Advice would be greatly appreciated.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I know this'll hurt but it seems your friend is old enough to make her own decisions.
If she accepts someone to opress her and her personal rights like that, there is not much you can do about it imo.
Try telling her she's important to you and you really don't wanna lose her because of that, but that it hurts you when she neglects you for him all the time and that that's the reason you're unable to go on like this.
Then, it's her decision if you're important enough for her to think about all that and maybe talk to her boyfriend about it.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
If your friend is dropping literally everything for her boyfriend, then you may have to wait until she realizes on her own how awful it is to forgo friends or anyone else in her life like that. Even if it takes a long time. Unless your friend is too blinded to see what she's losing by treating you this way, you may have to wait until one day she either breaks up with him or reaches out to you on her own. However, if you do keep reminding her of what she's doing, it'll most likely push her away, or her boyfriend might tell her you're getting in the way of them, which could end badly. Therefore, I really think you may have to wait it out... not the best option, but the only other option is to try talking to her when her boyfriend isn't around or try to make plans, so it's just the two of you. If that doesn't work, then yeah, you either wait for her or cut your losses.

It might not be the best advice, but it's what I got for right now. :c

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
support her but subliminally tell her she's dating a jackass

making her choose between which relationship she values more by constantly telling her she'll lose a friend is equally controlling and will hurt her emotionally.

do the right thing and be her crutch.

navyninja87

Thanks, guys. She and I have talked and it's been sorted out. Everything is all right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back