• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Issues with Miraculous Ladybug

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Me lol.

It's been a while since I've seen the show. Like a year ago maybe? But I started having massive issues with the show the more it ran on.

Especially Chloe. I genuinely thought they were going a good and intelligent direction for her, only to reverse her entire development completely for no good reason.

The show's format also gets really boring at times. I'm aware it's a kids show with an episodic format, but I've seen plenty of shows with that and still manage to be effectively entertaining. For Miraculous, they overuse the same characters, motivations, and villains at this point. I wouldn't mind as much if they didn't already establish an over-arching plot with loads of wasted potential.

Marinette doesn't grow, Adrien is still super oblivious, Chloe has devolved, and everyone is kind of thrown to the side. The only character I consistently praise is Kagami.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've watched a little bit of the show and I think it's a good one as far as newgen animated shows go. It reminds me a great deal of Sailor Moon, actually. You have the ridiculous-looking monsters of the week, the villain who transforms regular people from afar, a protagonist who is super clumsy, the constant love misunderstandings and mistaken identities, the competing love interests (Luka and Kagami), love shenanigans even among the villains (Hawk Moth's assistant who is in love with him). Tikki and Plagg are like Luna and Artemis. Ladybug even does some spinning move that reminds me of Sailor Moon's tiara attack.

I think that's why I have a fondness for it, because Ladybug and Cat Noir remind me of Moon and Tuxedo Mask a great deal. It's cute. I don't see anything wrong with it since it's primarily aimed at a young age group anyway.

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Not a problem necessarily, but I lost interest because there doesn't seem to be a proper ongoing plot or through line. I'm not really the target demographic is it makes sense. (though I think even kids can love an ongoing plot and character development)

palizinhas

Awards
I think the issue with Miraculous is that it's not entertaining enough to be episodic, and it doesn't care enough about its own plotline to have an ongoing plot. So the result is this show with potential in the beginning tiring you out by s3. I have no idea how they can keep this show going for more seasons.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think there's a lot to like with the show, but it doesn't quite live up to the potential it has. The show is cute, and has a really nice art style. The universe they build is interesting with pretty solid character archetypes to work with and expand on. It's just that the show doesn't seem to be all that interested in actually developing the characters or plot too much.

Bufferino mentioned a good example of them not really utilizing the character potential of Chloe. They played with her being on the path of growing and improving as a person, but then decided she should just stay a brat and a bully. I think that could work showing not everyone is willing to improve or change, but the way they pulled it off just wasn't satisfying.

I view Miraculous Ladybug in a similar way I look at KH, there's a good core there. It's potential just isn't always properly realized. I still find the show enjoyable to watch for what it is.

Soldier

Awards
I think the issue with Miraculous is that it's not entertaining enough to be episodic, and it doesn't care enough about its own plotline to have an ongoing plot. So the result is this show with potential in the beginning tiring you out by s3. I have no idea how they can keep this show going for more seasons.
They've used only a fraction of the jewels in the miracle box, that's how. Plus it is hinted that there are more miracle boxes out there with different kwamis inside of them. Also, It's worth noting that this is a supsserhero show that's similar to spiderman in a way (an insectoid based superhero and another character with the appearance of a cat) just with the genders reversed.
(I know too much about this show, it's embarrassing). To be fair I only watch it for the VAs, most of which have been in a lot of video games that I play (persona 5 anyone?).

Danrye001

Awards
I think there's a lot to like with the show, but it doesn't quite live up to the potential it has. The show is cute, and has a really nice art style. The universe they build is interesting with pretty solid character archetypes to work with and expand on. It's just that the show doesn't seem to be all that interested in actually developing the characters or plot too much.

Bufferino mentioned a good example of them not really utilizing the character potential of Chloe. They played with her being on the path of growing and improving as a person, but then decided she should just stay a brat and a bully. I think that could work showing not everyone is willing to improve or change, but the way they pulled it off just wasn't satisfying.

I view Miraculous Ladybug in a similar way I look at KH, there's a good core there. It's potential just isn't always properly realized. I still find the show enjoyable to watch for what it is.
Well not all shows are perfect, I love and Hate Miraculous Ladybug. There are many flaws in it.

dolneth

Awards
Marinette is nuts, the episode where she SMELLS Adrien's bed is really uncomfortable to watch, not to mention the cheating going on in the NY Special. Luka is by far my fave character (Kagami is as nuts as Marinette is) and I want him away from her so bad, she is just hurting him by being close.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Marinette is nuts, the episode where she SMELLS Adrien's bed is really uncomfortable to watch
God that scene made me really uncomfortable as well. Marinette's crush on Adrien went from obsessive, but harmless, to invasive and kind of creepy.

dolneth

Awards
God that scene made me really uncomfortable as well. Marinette's crush on Adrien went from obsessive, but harmless, to invasive and kind of creepy.
Honestly she is a stalker at this point, I don't know how fans can shield this, specially when its a kids' show and she did that while on LB costume.

Danrye001

Awards
And one more thing, I'm a boy, and not a gay. I do watch MLB sometimes including the gacha MLB.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
What you said confused me. What does being male and not gay have to do with watching MLB?
Best guess the user is still rather young and feels guilty for watching a "Girl show". I had a similarly odd stance in my teens.

There's nothing about the show that would mandate the viewers to be female or part of the lgbt+ community.

Danrye001

Awards
I'm not guilty, that's just who I am, watching some girls show to find some flaws.

Smithee

Awards
E.g., the pointless Magical Charms.
In the same Season they're introduced, Gabriel learns how to override them.

Back