• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Issue with a friend...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua D.Light

Ok, well one of my (ex)friends has overly religous Christian parents. They barely let her sleepover at my house! (Only because we're backyard neighbours) So when she got to my house, she saw that I had the KH games and she told me that she liked them, but her parents thought it was a Devil game(wtf) So I let her borrow Days, she beat it etc;

Now heres the problem: she's been like obsessing over it, she's been drawing pictures of the characters making out and then shows them to people. Well her parents found one, and they obviously got mad and ripped it to shreds, but they blamed it on me! Now she's been hating on me saying I drew the pictures, f.h.i I draw a loooot better ,and I don't draw KH. Oh, by the way, her parents want to go to the principals office and tell them to suspend me for forcing their daughter to draw the pictures! Ive told my parents,but there's nothing they can really do. My friend KNOWS that she drew the pictures, she's just to scared of her parents because they'll kick her out.

I just need advice that's all...

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
The school cannot suspend you really if they have no proof of you "forcing" her to draw that. What is it? Like a Christian school or something? I don't think they will do anything over something so stupid anyway.

Aqua D.Light

Nah it's a public school. I don't think they'll suspend me, but I don't want to deal with going to the office and having to defend myself.I just need my ex-friend to tell the truth, but she's too scared to.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I don't think you are really going to be doing any defending anyway. As in, I think the principal knows you cannot really force someone to draw something. Since your friend is Christian and her parents are heavy believers in it, say she broke a Commandment or something by lying. Just a suggestion.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
That's super stupid. Your friend has to stop being scared and just own up, instead of letting you take the damage.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
This is why I completely disregard those who are overly religious. The parents are at fault for sheltering her, and keeping her 'innocent from the World.' Hopefully this experience opens their closed eyes to the really horrible things that could have happened - KH isn't 'evil.' It's a game with Disney characters, for Christ's sake. Disney wouldn't willingly put their characters in a video game that wasn't kid-friendly - the company has to keep up the kid-friendly image, regardless. KH teaches the same principles any Disney movie preaches, so I don't see how it's the 'Devil.'

Regardless, if your friend does tell the truth that she drew the pictures (after all, they're only pictures - it's the fact the parents draw so much attention to them and give those pictures labels seen by them as vile and unwanted, and also by the human nature that we despise change, if even a little), more than likely her parents wouldn't kick her out. Kicking out their child like that would be seen as unfaithful, since they wanted to disregard their own daughter's needs as good, Christian parents normally protest and organize against.

They're really just overreacting, to be honest. My mum was the same way with Dungeons and Dragons - all it took was telling a white lie to get my D&D Group over at my house, to which she couldn't be unkind and tell them to leave, and our Dungeon Master was nice enough to effing explain to her what D&D is based on - Creativity/Imagination, Teamwork, and Fun.

And everyone, don't shelter your child from the World; they will turn out worse later on if you do. It's a human instinct to rebel against what we grew up with, anyway. Merely throwing that out there.

Hayley Williams

No school will suspend you for that, even Christian schools. Just the absurdity of it will probably have the people in the office going...yeah, I'll get right on that *throws compliant away*. As midget said, you won't need to defend yourself and you can use the Commandments against her. Actually, most Christians would laugh at this because it's been taken way too far, I'm Christian and I'm laughing my ass off (no offense meant for the seriousness of your situation) but it's -100% ridiculous that people are this uptight over a game.

Aqua D.Light

Her parents are born-again Christians :p

Anyways, thanks you guys for all your advice. :) I think it's a stupid situation aswell, but her parents are just taking such a petty thing to far.

I'm just gonna ignore it from now on, because I know the school can't do anything to me, and I'm innocent anyways. :)

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
but her parents thought it was a Devil game(wtf)

...wtf, indeed.

Anyway, you have absolutely nothing to fear. I know all too well the trepidation you feel of having to go to the principal's office, but you are armed with the knowledge that you are innocent and her parents are overreacting psychopaths. Simply be calm when you explain your case to the school authorities, and, if need be, bring your parents into it too. Schools are generally preferential toward parents.

A

Artorius Rex

Kingdom Hearts is a devil game. Kingdom Hearts II that is.

That's beside the point though

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Well if you know you're innocent, go to office and tell the truth. Because if your ex-firend is lying, they'll be obvious holes in her story that'll be figured out easily & she'll have to deal with the consequences herself
btw, I love how they call KH the devils game yet it's whole theme is how light overcomes darkness... interesante. They must of saw the Mickey Mouse in a dark robe & freaked! haha

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah they can't suspend you

they may threaten you and say they will (the principle)

but in reality they cant do siht. ive been to the principles office quite a few times.

they told me they would suspend me once if i even gave this girl a dirty look
my ass they would suspend me. I was also promised detention. never got it

school likes to bluff allot to scare you into telling them what they want to hear
dont worry about a thing.
you can even go as far as only answering questions with a yes or a no. that really pisses them off. hahaah

Aqua D.Light

Well if you know you're innocent, go to office and tell the truth. Because if your ex-firend is lying, they'll be obvious holes in her story that'll be figured out easily & she'll have to deal with the consequences herself
btw, I love how they call KH the devils game yet it's whole theme is how light overcomes darkness... interesante. They must of saw the Mickey Mouse in a dark robe & freaked! haha
Haha actually it was because of the Days cover that they thought it was a Devil's game because everyone was wearing black o_O
Her parents are just.....crazy from what I've heard from other friends.

All I have to say is that your friend is a fucking fangirl for drawing that shit.
Yeah, she most definitley is.

Awards
Now heres the problem: she's been like obsessing over it, she's been drawing pictures of the characters making out and then shows them to people. Well her parents found one, and they obviously got mad and ripped it to shreds, but they blamed it on me! Now she's been hating on me saying I drew the pictures, f.h.i I draw a loooot better ,and I don't draw KH. Oh, by the way, her parents want to go to the principals office and tell them to suspend me for forcing their daughter to draw the pictures! Ive told my parents,but there's nothing they can really do. My friend KNOWS that she drew the pictures, she's just to scared of her parents because they'll kick her out.

I just need advice that's all...

Only one thing really stands out to me throughout all of this: your friend sold you out. You can make excuses for her, you can blame it on her fear of her parents, but the fact of the matter is that when her parents caught her doing something they didn't want her to be doing, she threw you under the bus and told a flagrant lie about you, a lie that (as far as she's concerned) could potentially get you suspended from school. What kind of a friend does this? You should be asking yourself if this is a person that you really want to be spending time with. She sounds to me like a liar, a traitor, a girl with no sense of personal accountability and no integrity at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back