• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Isolating KH audio help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomeinmyworld

Hello! I'm hoping to do a KH video project where I change the background music of certain cutscenes. As such I need just the dialogue for these scenes, I have found lines for most of KH1, all of 2 and 3D, but I need help finding BBS and CoM audio (and if it's at all possible, the Days and Coded movies). I've tried isolating vocals myself but it just sounds so bad. Does anyone know where isolated dialogue for BBS, CoM, Days and/or Coded can be found? Or any advice on isolating the audio?

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
Awards
Hello! I'm hoping to do a KH video project where I change the background music of certain cutscenes. As such I need just the dialogue for these scenes, I have found lines for most of KH1, all of 2 and 3D, but I need help finding BBS and CoM audio (and if it's at all possible, the Days and Coded movies). I've tried isolating vocals myself but it just sounds so bad. Does anyone know where isolated dialogue for BBS, CoM, Days and/or Coded can be found? Or any advice on isolating the audio?

Can you via PM the version you've done? I'll take a look at it, or if you can put it in zipfolder and email me the version. The only confined tunes I can suggest to help you is SpectraLayers and SoundSoaps that can actually help what you're trying to do. What software are you using to edit? If you use any of the programs I suggested you might have an easier time focusing on the isolated content you want to preserve (I.E speech or ambient sounds) also filtering out other audio.

It all depends on a variety of factors, which would you prefer, to find pre-made isolated versions of KH or to do it yourself.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

CoM audio is tricky, all of the voiced cutscenes are prerendered movies. I'm not sure if the usual suspects for KH sound ripping have put much effort into ripping BBS dialogue, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a particularly complicated procedure, just a tedious one.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
What's your DAW, the software and functions you're currently using to strip the audio of BGM?

awesomeinmyworld

I'm just using Audacity right now (I was using Reaper, but it can't find my audio driver for some reason), and for that I've tried the Noise Reduction and Vocal Isolation functions (I even tried trying to invert the wave form of the background song and play it with the original track in the hopes the song would cancel, it kinda worked but it only made the bgm music quieter).

I'm using Audacity cause I have no money and only have Vegas because of Humble Bundle. (I was using Reaper but it can't find my audio driver anymore). I would prefer pre-made isolated versions, but I have actually reached the end of google looking for BBS and CoM isolated dialogue. I will do this myself if I have to, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and this has already driven me nuts. I'll PM what I've done.

Can you via PM the version you've done? I'll take a look at it, or if you can put it in zipfolder and email me the version. The only confined tunes I can suggest to help you is SpectraLayers and SoundSoaps that can actually help what you're trying to do. What software are you using to edit? If you use any of the programs I suggested you might have an easier time focusing on the isolated content you want to preserve (I.E speech or ambient sounds) also filtering out other audio.

It all depends on a variety of factors, which would you prefer, to find pre-made isolated versions of KH or to do it yourself.

I'm using Audacity cause I have no money and only have Vegas because of Humble Bundle. (I was using Reaper but it can't find my audio driver anymore). I would prefer pre-made isolated versions, but I have actually reached the end of google looking for BBS and CoM isolated dialogue. I will do this myself if I have to, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and this has already driven me nuts. I'll PM what I've done.

What's your DAW, the software and functions you're currently using to strip the audio of BGM?
I'm just using Audacity right now (I was using Reaper, but it can't find my audio driver for some reason), and for that I've tried the Noise Reduction and Vocal Isolation functions (I even tried trying to invert the wave form of the background song and play it with the original track in the hopes the song would cancel, it kinda worked but it only made the bgm music quieter).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back